Issues with Subtitles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issues with Subtitles

Since v5 has been released I've been having issues with Subtitles. Usually forced versions. Mostly I've been able to work around it by entering the TV show a different way and they show as an option to download.

Example: In Netflix instead of hitting play on "Cowboy Bebop" (live action) hitting the down arrow to show all episodes in the series gives me the option for English forced and English cc. But doing the same thing with "Marvel's Agents of Sheild" would not give me English Forced until I told it to play S01E1 instead of S01E04. But with "Lost in Space" I've not gotten any English forced going either way. Now it could be I need to have it start playing S01E2 as it is the first Episode with English Forced. I do need to go back and reproduce these scenarios to get logs.

I've also now run into an issue with Paramount were downloading Star Trek Discovery S04E4 has no sub titles at all. This particular episode has no English forced but when finished downloaded I have no .srt file at all. This one I do have logs for.
    Attached Files

I also have been having problems with forced subtitles on all platforms. This has been going on for quite some time. I have visited other threads with posted work arounds, but nothing seems to work for me. ...Still.

Comment

A Specific example is the "In From The Cold" series on Netflix. None of the forced subtitles showed up. A lot of the scenes were in Russian. There were NO text subtitles downloaded with the series. To find out what they were saying, I had to turn on the descriptive audio track. I cannot find an option to download forced Subtitles. They should download automatically. I hope you guys are working on the issue. It looks like I will also have to redo "The Blacklist".

Comment

Originally posted by supine View Post
        A Specific example is the "In From The Cold" series on Netflix. None of the forced subtitles showed up. A lot of the scenes were in Russian. There were NO text subtitles downloaded with the series. To find out what they were saying, I had to turn on the descriptive audio track. I cannot find an option to download forced Subtitles. They should download automatically. I hope you guys are working on the issue. It looks like I will also have to redo "The Blacklist".
        have you tried the workaround here in post #7 ?? - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...les#post404876

Comment

um... Sorry no answer in so long. Events have kept me off of the Forum for several months and I don't recall getting an E-mail update that someone had answered my post.
          The short answer to your question, is no. I didn't try that workaround. It looks like I need to start each episode, establish a watch point, then record each episode individually. The workaround seems kludgy and takes time to devote to each download. I have been waiting on a repair for a while and will try this after my current batch file completes. if this works, it will require some dedication to do a whole series. Thank you for your reply.

Comment

Originally posted by supine View Post
            Please try the latest version of StreamFab, if still have a problem, please specify the video you try and provide the latest log file. Thank you.

Comment

It is NOT fixed in the latest StreamFab (v5.0.3.3)

Comment

Working...
              X