Processing vs. re-encoding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Processing vs. re-encoding

Is there a way to go back to using processing versus encoding? Encoding takes SO much more time to do than processing. If a show takes 5 minutes to process, then encoding takes 30 minutes. And during that time, the CPU heats up a lot and the fans turn on full blast. I fear it's wearing out my computer unnaturall fast.

Hi,

Please wait for the new version 5013, thanks!

Wilson
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Using the opportunity of the case, I let myself to add my five cents.

I took a refund because of the re-encoding, but I see (from other forums) that the software seems to be working again, and you made several steps to mitigate the particular issue. I would, however, add several options to the product.

First, I would add a "fallback" option of downloading stream in different formats (AVC instead of HEVC and vice versa, AAC instead of E-AC3 and so on). What I am usually particularly interested in is to have archived copy of a show which is being pulled off the service, and I don't really care about the format, I just prefer the whole season is in the same resolution or codec, but reencoding takes a long run on a desktop computer.

Second, because of the above, I would rather make the re-encoding as an opt-in (or at least a switchable opt-out parameter in options), not obligatory procedure (but I like it to remain as a possible choice, just in case - I see cases where it's not a problem).

Comment

Working...
      X