Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few questions

I had a few questions on the product that I wanted to clarify

1) I understand there is a daily DL limit of 50 per service. What time does this reset ?

If this is at midnight, does that mean that someone could start 50 at 10pm, and assuming it completes all 50 before midnight, could start another 50 from the same place after midnight,

2) How does the queue work in regards of having to re-log back in every few days (provider)?

For example, lets say I add a show and DL small portions (to keep within the daily limit). I have to log back in. Do I need to clear the queue and re-add those items?

3) What happens if you turn Turbo speed off ?

For example, does it obtain the video in the same fashion but in a more real time fashion?

Originally posted by MrMayor View Post

1) I understand there is a daily DL limit of 50 per service. What time does this reset ?

If this is at midnight, does that mean that someone could start 50 at 10pm, and assuming it completes all 50 before midnight, could start another 50 from the same place after midnight,

2) How does the queue work in regards of having to re-log back in every few days (provider)?

For example, lets say I add a show and DL small portions (to keep within the daily limit). I have to log back in. Do I need to clear the queue and re-add those items?

For example, does it obtain the video in the same fashion but in a more real time fashion?
    please see post #1 - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...-streamfab-faq

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post
      Thanks, but the FAQ you referenced didn't really answer any of the questions I asked.

Comment

1) There have been many posts in regard to when does the number limit reset...it was denoted by 'admin' that it resets at midnight your time. And yes, after that time you able to resume downloading your content as a new day for that site/service.

2) Why would you want to log out while still having items to be downloaded? But for the second portion/example...what is in the queue should stay in the queue, I have had content carryover in the queue for a site, went to bed and found my computer rebooted itself over night and the content in my queue was still intact, just had to continue downloading. Mind you...I did not log out. (By the way, StreamFab reloads itself on startup of your computer if you don't disable that function and you still stay logged onto a site)

3) Have not turned off the Turbo speed yet since it was introduced. What I have noticed is certain sites and movies download at whatever the provided speed is set at per resolution that is available, some asked in the past for real time downloading, so it might in question but 1080 is my preferred download and it is plenty painful downloading with some sites, so I always have it ticked.
        Last edited by Down2Earth; 01-17-2022, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Down2Earth View Post

1) There have been many posts in regard to when does the number limit reset...it was denoted by 'admin' that it resets at midnight your time. And yes, after that time you able to resume downloading your content as a new day for that site/service.

2) Why would you want to log out while still having items to be downloaded? But for the second portion/example...what is in the queue should stay in the queue, I have had content carryover in the queue for a site, went to bed and found my computer rebooted itself over night and the content in my queue was still intact, just had to continue downloading. Mind you...I did not log out. (By the way, StreamFab reloads itself on startup of your computer if you don't disable that function and you still stay logged onto a site)

3) Have not turned off the Turbo speed yet since it was introduced. What I have noticed is certain sites and movies download at whatever the provided speed is set at per resolution that is available, some asked in the past for real time downloading, so it might in question but 1080 is my preferred download and it is plenty painful downloading with some sites, so I always have it ticked.
          Thank you for the response

For #1, I did see it mentioned midnight, but the way it was written, I wasn't clear if that was the time or something like after the 50, you need to wait 24 hours from that time to start again. However I'm curious on how the limit of 50 works. For example, I selected 51 and I didn't get any messages. Once #50 completes, does it throw a message and the remainder sits in the queue? I thought I read something that someone got more than 50 in a day, but doing small chunks and waiting 5 to 6 hours and doing another small chunk. Mind you I think this was right after the limit was announced, so that loophole might have been fixed.

For #2, I don't mean Streamlabs, I'm talking about the actual website to the provider. For example I end up having to re-enter my password every couple of days. I didn't know if there was a "key" for that login session, which would throw an error, if I attempted to start the queue for something that was added in "Login Session A", but not actually started until "Login Session B"

For #3, I'll have to switch it off and see what happens. I can understand why someone would want a more "in real time", but probably don't want a "screen recording"

Comment

1) Have not ran into that loophole as mentioned.

When the limit was first introduced, I did see a couple of posts from members denoting a message popping up that they had reached the 50 downloaded limit for that site/day and wasn't able to continue their download queued up. I personally have not seen such a message because I haven't yet tried to download past the 50 limits, but I had a similar incident where it was past midnight and I had started downloading late and StreamFab just right out stopped downloading and left the remaining downloads in the queue for me to regain downloading again past that day.

2) Trying to see if I get this right for number 2...you do not have to be logged onto your actual main browser and have it open all the time to use StreamFab. Logging on with the StreamFab browser through whatever streaming site with your password should be all you need, and it should be keeping your log in ID and Password without having to reenter it. Logging into your actually website provider should not have anything to do with you having to relog onto it because you logged into StreamFab, unless your accounts is limited by how many log ins you can have open. Is this something new that has been happening that is a concern?
            Last edited by Down2Earth; 01-18-2022, 02:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Down2Earth View Post
              1) Have not ran into that loophole as mentioned.

When the limit was first introduced, I did see a couple of posts from members denoting a message popping up that they had reached the 50 downloaded limit for that site/day and wasn't able to continue their download queued up. I personally have not seen such a message because I haven't yet tried to download past the 50 limits, but I had a similar incident where it was past midnight and I had started downloading late and StreamFab just right out stopped downloading and left the remaining downloads in the queue for me to regain downloading again past that day.

2) Trying to see if I get this right for number 2...you do not have to be logged onto your actual main browser and have it open all the time to use StreamFab. Logging on with the StreamFab browser through whatever streaming site with your password should be all you need, and it should be keeping your log in ID and Password without having to reenter it. Logging into your actually website provider should not have anything to do with you having to relog onto it because you logged into StreamFab, unless your accounts is limited by how many log ins you can have open. Is this something new that has been happening that is a concern?
              So I know you have to login to Streamfab and within Streamfab, you have to login to provider accounts (Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, etc). Just to be clear, I don't have any issues with staying logged in with my DvdFab account. The issue is staying logged into the provider account. For example, I could login to Netflix today either thru my web browser (not Streamfab) or the Netflix app on the Roku or Xbox, and if there are a few days in which I don't use the service, if I try using them again, i will be taken to the login screen to provide my password again.

I just started using Streamfab, so I'm not sure If I will have the same issue. When you can use a keyboard to re-enter the password is one thing, when you have to use a controller and tell people to turn their heads is another. The logging back in every few days isn't anything new. It's been happening for a while now, with some services "not logging me out as often"

Comment

So I know you have to login to Streamfab and within Streamfab, you have to login to provider accounts (Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, etc). Just to be clear, I don't have any issues with staying logged in with my DvdFab account. The issue is staying logged into the provider account. For example, I could login to Netflix today either thru my web browser (not Streamfab) or the Netflix app on the Roku or Xbox, and if there are a few days in which I don't use the service, if I try using them again, i will be taken to the login screen to provide my password again.

I just started using Streamfab, so I'm not sure If I will have the same issue. When you can use a keyboard to re-enter the password is one thing, when you have to use a controller and tell people to turn their heads is another. The logging back in every few days isn't anything new. It's been happening for a while now, with some services "not logging me out as often"

on the Netflix sign in page, do you have the checkbox checked next to remember me ??
                it supposed to keep you signed in.

Comment

Working...
                X