StreamFab 5.0.1.9 - DRM M3U8 Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post
    While I wait for support... Mona should the DRM M3U8 downloader be included for those who purchased StreamFab before the March 2021 cut off?
    Since it's a basic non-encrypted DRM, it should be a basic part of the program itself. I couldn't get it to work on most sites I tried....that thread was deleted though.

Comment

Originally posted by jimc115 View Post

Since it's a basic non-encrypted DRM, it should be a basic part of the program itself. I couldn't get it to work on most sites I tried....that thread was deleted though.
      It should be. My thought is it should be, and its probably a glitch in their system that its not included free for those purchased before March 20212. BUT I have to ask the Fab team to be sure.

Comment

I hope it is a glitch, asking I pay an extra AUD$186 so that STREAMFAB software continues to work does not sound right.

Comment

They could face one one big competition problem though in the future with their current bussiness model: RedFox AnyStream Plus
          Its still only in Beta, but it does sound like people does not have to pay extra for new added services to it, so there lifetime does obviously mean lifetime at no extra cost.

But i do actually do think that this "Before March 2021" should be discarded when it comes to the DRM M3U8. It should be free for every one who purchased lifetime before its release.
          So if any one actually did purchase it after its release, they should get the money refunded, or receive a code that gives free lifetime updates for a streaming service of their own choosing.
          Last edited by Per K; 02-16-2022, 12:20 AM.

Comment

DRM M3U8 Downloader is not included in DRM Video Downloader.
            As a paid user of DRM Video Downloader, you can continue to use those DRM streaming services (excluding adult services) that have been released and will be supported in the future, like the Channel 4 Downloader in the coming week. However, DRM M3U8 Downloader is a general download module, it is not specific to a certain website.

Comment

Hi Mona

I would like to download some audiobooks from Audible Spain (audible.es)

When I try I get the following message.

May I know if you are working on supporting this format?

Thank you.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi Mona . Just to clarify please, will the All Supported Sites (not just the Streaming sites), see image of A to Z, that they Click image for larger version

Name:	sites 16-02-2022 9-34-11 PM.jpg
Views:	764
Size:	16.6 KB
ID:	406435​ will continue to be supported?

Comment

If I buy the latest version of streamfab-all-in-one DRM M3U8 is included.
                  But is there any way to tell if a certain websites uses this encryption?
                  Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by ipso2000 View Post
                    Hi Mona

I would like to download some audiobooks from Audible Spain (audible.es)

When I try I get the following message.

May I know if you are working on supporting this format?

Thank you.
                    We are trying to work out a solution for the DASH MPD format. Times needed.

Comment

Originally posted by yoyo57 View Post

Hi Mona . Just to clarify please, will the All Supported Sites (not just the Streaming sites), see image of A to Z, that they Click image for larger version  Name:	sites 16-02-2022 9-34-11 PM.jpg Views:	110 Size:	16.6 KB ID:	406435​ will continue to be supported?
                      According to the developer, yes, they will continue to be supported.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuffel View Post
                        If I buy the latest version of streamfab-all-in-one DRM M3U8 is included.
                        But is there any way to tell if a certain websites uses this encryption?
                        Thank you
                        Please give the certain website a try. If you encounter a problem, please report it to us, we will check it.

Comment

Originally posted by jsinfate View Post
                          I see you are now selling somethng called DRM M3U8. Why isn't this part of the StreamFab AIO? If this is the latest update of DRM won't eventually ALL streaming services upgrade to this? And if so that will make the lifetime StreamFab AIO useless.

If DRM M3U8 is the new standard or version of video DRM how can you offer this as a "Lifetime" add on? Versions change and software gets upgraded. What version of DRM is StreamFab using now? Again this version says "Lifetime" but in a month it may be updated and again, what good is buying a lifetime program that lasts only 1 version?
                          I think there is a slight misunderstanding here what exactly M3U8 is. It's not a DRM in anyway its a Manifest or if you so want to say. A playlist that explains to your browser or video player how and where to get the files etc. If you remember back in the days for MP3 there was something called M3U which was a playlist for them. M3U8 is the same just more advanced and for videos etc. The same is true for DASH MPD which isn't supported yet. It's a complex XML template that the downloader needs to be able to download and parse to be able to fetch the video and audio segments and to then put them together afterwards in the correct order and all.

These M3U8 files as such are not protected but the video/audio stream they refer to can be it depends on the site. HLS for example as stated earlier is protected by a quite simple AES DRM.

Netflix as mentioned earlier uses something called XHR for manifest and then Widewine L1,L2 and L3 encoding the level of it differentiates between what quality you want etc 720, 1080 or 4K and not all is able to be "cracked" by easy means. Most people get around this by acquiring leaked CDMs

M3U8 is at least here quite common for the free streaming sites and tools like YouTube-dl quite easily fetches most of them. The problem though with M3U8 is that every site has a slightly different template for it and if they update it. Well then the support temporarily breaks.

Hope that makes a bit of sense and explains why at least in my mind dvdfab released this as a new separate module.

Comment

Sounds acceptable, M3U8. The Unicode version of M3U is M3U8, which uses UTF-8-encoded characters. M3U8 files are the basis for the HTTP Live Streaming (HLS) format originally developed by Apple to stream video and radio to iOS devices, and which is now a popular format for adaptive streaming in general. To actually open and use an M3U8 file requires a media player or media management software program like VLC, Apple's iTunes, Windows Media Player, or Fabs great new player.
                            Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

Please give the certain website a try. If you encounter a problem, please report it to us, we will check it.
                              I will do that ! Thank you, but I'm still in trial modus for the moment
                              Grt

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

We are trying to work out a solution for the DASH MPD format. Times needed.
                                just wondering if there is any update to DASH MPD?

Comment

Working...
                                X