Location of StreamFab Log Files & Cache and a Suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Location of StreamFab Log Files & Cache and a Suggestion

Windows 10, current version of StreamFab, attachments for illustration of steps

Here's the steps I did when I had an issue that required clearing the StreamFab cache and had to find where it was (mine was not in standard path) and how to reset paths back to standard.

1. Open Streamfab, chose three bars at top right (settings) & then "Open Log Folder"
    2. This shows me the logical path of "This PC > Documents > DVDFab > StreamFab > Log" where the log files are stored.

To see the physical path (C:\etc...) click the folder Icon to the left of the Logical path and I see,
    C:\users\XXX\Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\Log, where XXX is the user name logon.

3. You can copy log files from here to attach to posts for StreamFab Technical analysis.

4. To see StreamFab's cache folder/files, you use the physical path from above up to "\StreamFab" and add \Temp\Cache

C:\users\XXX\Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\Temp\Cache

You can delete all the files in here (make sure you are exited from StreamFab) to see if that fixes your problem.

I noticed a couple of things.

1. Deleting the cache does not remove the files from the Queue, which is a good thing to me. ☺️

2. I discovered my documents path was not the standard defined path above, when I had to go troubleshoot a problem.

From some action in the past, the path was redefined without my concious knowledge.

I reset the storage of my document folders to default (see attached 4th file) by going to "File Explorer", right clicking with "Documents" on the left side of screen, choosing "Properties", choosing "Location" and clicking "Restore Default".

It redefined the path for my PC Documents folder and copied all the folders and files that were in the old path.

***** Clearing StreamFab Cache Suggestion *****

It might be cool/simpler with all the issues for troubleshooting if there was an option in StreamFab settings such as "Clear cache file on exit" to "Yes" that you could use (it would reset to "no" default in settings after each use)

Then simply go to Settings, Clear Cache on Exit, set to Yes, close StreamFab, Relaunch StreamFab and see if the problem is cleared up.

Attached Files

Hello, thank you for the post and your suggestion about Clearing StreamFab Cache, I believe the developer will consider the suggestion.

Comment

Working...
    X