Starz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starz

Hello - I was inquiring if there is any chance that Starz might come to the VIP Section in StreamFab as there is some great content there. Thanks!

Originally posted by JRobert View Post
    Hello - I was inquiring if there is any chance that Starz might come to the VIP Section in StreamFab as there is some great content there. Thanks!
    You can get Starz through Amazon Prime.
    Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

There also exists the stand alone service Starz Play who has no affiliation to Amazon Prime.
      That stand alone service has begun venturing outside of the US now to Europe, its already possible for Danes subscribing to it.
      I have also therefor added it a few days ago as a suggestion that could be looked at for the DRM Video Downloader.

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post

You can get Starz through Amazon Prime.
        Yes - Starz is available on Amazon Prime and the Recently Added ROKU Chanel but NOT without a separate paid subscription thru Amazon & Roku. Having the standalone option would be better because the Starz website allows for free access thru an existing cable subscription (e.g. FIOS, Optimum etc.)...

Comment

Originally posted by Beeker72 View Post

Yes - Starz is available on Amazon Prime and the Recently Added ROKU Chanel but NOT without a separate paid subscription thru Amazon & Roku. Having the standalone option would be better because the Starz website allows for free access thru an existing cable subscription (e.g. FIOS, Optimum etc.)...
          Thanks for your reply. However, I believe through Amazon, etc. it will be an extra cost. I have Starz/Encore through my TV provider already, so logging into the Starz application on my Roku through my provider at no extra cost was very easy. I was hoping for a no extra cost option on StreamFab. Any advice would be appreciated.

Comment

If you're getting this through your provider, you're paying too much. Just go through Prime

Comment

I would like to second Starz as a separate downloader.

Just because it is available through Amazon doesn't mean that one wants to subscribe through Amazon. Or even have an Amazon subscription in the first place.

Comment

What if I don't have Prime, or don't want it? What are my options? I don't think paying for a Prime membership and then pay for the Starz channel makes financial sense just to record Starz.

Comment

Originally posted by JRobert View Post
                  Thanks for your reply. However, I believe through Amazon, etc. it will be an extra cost. I have Starz/Encore through my TV provider already, so logging into the Starz application on my Roku through my provider at no extra cost was very easy. I was hoping for a no extra cost option on StreamFab. Any advice would be appreciated.!
                  That's exactly my point...

Many have access to Starz outside of Amazon thru an existing legacy cable subscription (e.g. Comcast, FIOS, etc). Adding Starz as a standalone function would allow those users to access the content directly from the Starz website instead of having to subscribe thru another 3rd party (Like Amazon).

In addition to Starz, you could make the same case for many Showtime subscribers who get access the same way.

Here's hoping both are added sometime in the future.

Comment

It's also a fact that not all markets can subscribe to Prime + various channels. I believe it is locked to USA, UK and German markets.

Comment

Originally posted by R3C01L View Post
                      It's also a fact that not all markets can subscribe to Prime + various channels. I believe it is locked to USA, UK and German markets.
                      They are Geo-blocked, i currently have Prime Video here in Denmark, but these channels are no where to be found.
                      But even on just the collection of movies it does not look good, because lots of those i have heard of that should be on there, is also no where to be found due to Geo-blocking.
                      Honestly thinking about cancelling my subscription because of them Geo-blocking a lot of stuff.

Comment

Working...
                      X