NetFlix downloaded video in HEVC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NetFlix downloaded video in HEVC

I downloaded The Adam Project from NetFlix using 5.0.2.4. Playing the video back I was surprised to learn Streamfab downloaded the video in HEVC.
    I selected the highest bitrate option I was offered through the App (1920 x 1080 at 5800 Kbps).

Note: This post is not an error report but rather an informative post. Since I do have the HEVC option set. But I didn't see and changes listed about this working.
    Last edited by Blurayfan; 03-14-2022, 06:36 AM.
    Formerly DVDKingdom

I also downloaded that movie, but that bitrate is not an option for me. I only get 2429 kbps as a max. The resulting file was also not HEVC it was h264

I wonder if netflix limits the bitrate based on my max download speed, or isp. I currently have a speed of 50/10 from att business

Comment

Just guessing here, but I believe you have to select 'CVBR' to get the higher bitrate and HEVC (H.265).

Comment

I only get the Bitrate adaption option on Amazon. The movie he referenced is on Netflix.

Comment

Originally posted by Blurayfan View Post
          I downloaded The Adam Project from NetFlix using 5.0.2.4. Playing the video back I was surprised to learn Streamfab downloaded the video in HEVC.
          I selected the highest bitrate option I was offered through the App (1920 x 1080 at 5800 Kbps).

Note: This post is not an error report but rather an informative post. Since I do have the HEVC option set. But I didn't see and changes listed about this working.

Hi,

Netflix does not support to download the video as HEVC.

You may can get the higher video bitrate when playing the video at Windows Netflix Player App, but Microsoft Play Ready DRM is used for protecting the stream files, StreamFab does not support it.

Wilson
          Please post your logs the default location is:
          For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
          For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
          If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post

Hi,

Netflix does not support to download the video as HEVC.

You may can get the higher video bitrate when playing the video at Windows Netflix Player App, but Microsoft Play Ready DRM is used for protecting the stream files, StreamFab does not support it.

Wilson
            Excuse me Wilson as I stated I downloaded the video through streamfab. You can't tell me the program did not do it because I have the file right in front of me and log file from the app proving it retrieved it.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Blurayfan; 03-15-2022, 07:10 PM.
            Formerly DVDKingdom

Comment

Originally posted by AGuyWithAComputer View Post
              I also downloaded that movie, but that bitrate is not an option for me. I only get 2429 kbps as a max. The resulting file was also not HEVC it was h264

I wonder if netflix limits the bitrate based on my max download speed, or isp. I currently have a speed of 50/10 from att business
              I have the same as you for file options. But I have comcast 1gps down/35up.

Comment

Excuse me Wilson as I stated I downloaded the video through streamfab. You can't tell me the program did not do it because I have the file right in front of me and log file from the app proving it retrieved it.
                Hi, Can you share your VIP Services settings, and also can you use MediaInfo on your downloaded file and share what it shows?

I'm just curious because like AGuyWithAComputer, my highest option when I download The Adam Project from Netflix is to select 1920x1080 2439kbps, and the result is a AVC/H264 file.

Having a Cubs logo, I have to just double check you are in the USA rand hitting Netflix USA right? Or are you hitting Neflix outside the USA?
                Last edited by KidJoe; 03-15-2022, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post

Hi, Can you share your settings, and also can you use MediaInfo on your downloaded file and share what it shows?

I'm just curious as like AGuyWithAComputer, my highest option when I download The Adam Project from Netflix is to select 1920x1080 2439kbps, and the result is a AVC/H264 file.

Having a Cubs logo, I have to just double check you are in the USA rand hitting Netflix USA right? Or are you hitting Neflix outside the USA?
                  I just checked the title and as of Today I am offered exactly the same as you. I don't know if that's because when I validated my results I added the title back to download list and have not yet started it or if something changed. Also yes I'm from US and do use Netflix USA.
                  Last edited by Blurayfan; 03-15-2022, 08:04 PM.
                  Formerly DVDKingdom

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-03-15 150021.jpg
Views:	440
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	407395 MediaInfo
                    Last edited by Blurayfan; 03-15-2022, 08:01 PM.
                    Formerly DVDKingdom

Comment

For some odd reason log missing from original message. so adding it here.
                      Attached Files
                      Formerly DVDKingdom

Comment

The developer needs the entire log folder, please send it to us, thank you.

Please also post the screenshot for the movie when downloading the video.

Name:	20220316-101622.png
Views:	383
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	407420
                        Last edited by Wilson.Wang; 03-16-2022, 03:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

The developer needs the entire log folder, please send it to us, thank you.

Please also post the screenshot for the movie when downloading the video.

Name:	20220316-101622.png
Views:	383
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	407420
                          Unfortunately the screenshot in your post is accurate now. I did not take one at the time of download. I downloaded the movie on release day March 11, 2022. Since then the highest option is exactly as shown above.
                          Formerly DVDKingdom

Comment

Here is the log files included.

Attached Files
                            Formerly DVDKingdom

Comment

Working...
                            X