Unable to download Prime movie with 1080p resolution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to download Prime movie with 1080p resolution

I am trying to download a movie with CBR 1920 * 960 - 4000 kbps resolution. However while downloading, it keeps trying for 1080p, then with 720p and finally starts downloading with 360p. Any idea why this might be happening? I am using the latest version and not on VPN. See the log file attached and the screenshots.

Log file - https://www.dropbox.com/s/s9z2os8nta...amFab.log?dl=0

Click image for larger version

Name:	selection.jpg
Views:	416
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	407526

Click image for larger version

Name:	final.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	10.0 KB
ID:	407527

I have passed your post to the QA team, they will check it.

Comment

Thanks Mona! I retried it 2 days later, i.e. yesterday and I was able to download it with the 1080p resolution. But, I observed the same behavior I described above with Deep water movie. I chose 1080p but it ended up downloading in 720p resolution. I don't understand this intermittent occurrence of this issue.

Comment

Originally posted by zer0c0de View Post
        But, I observed the same behavior I described above with Deep water movie. I chose 1080p but it ended up downloading in 720p resolution. I don't understand this intermittent occurrence of this issue.
        It could be related to the network status and the source available from their server, you may check whether the movie can be viewed at 1080p on a regular browser or not.

Comment

1920 x 960 is the resolution of FHD when the aspect ratio is 2.0. they simply trimmed to black bars from the file. 1920 is the horizontal resolution of FHD. IE this resolution would be considered 1080p

Comment

Thanks for the responses guys! You are correct, @AGuyWithAComputer. However, the problem is, if that version is available for downloading and I select it (1920 x 960), it tries and then after some times, switches to 720p and downloads it. I am continuously facing this issue only with AP. NF works just fine for me. I tried downloading another title today from AP and it ended up downloading only a 49 MB video file.

Mona, Do I need to open a support case? I really need this AP issue resolved for me.

Comment

I actually just downloaded Cinderella from Amazon as CBR 1920x800 at 15K with no issues.

Since you shared your Log file through dropbox (probably shouldn't do that, when uploading to the site other users cannot see the file only admins) I found the the title you tried on the screen shot. For me the file has downloaded as 1080p with an actual resolution of 1920x960.

You say you always have this issue with Amazon. Is it possible your internet provider has a limit of 720 for Amazon streaming?

Comment

I saw someone sharing a log file via dropbox and I had a limitation of two attachments. Hence I used it this time to attach the log file. I will keep your suggestion in mind going forward.
                After a few attempts and trying at different times, I get lucky to be able to download the resolution I select. I never face this situation with NF, same PC, same internet connection.

There is no such limitation or restriction from my ISP.

Comment

Working...
                X