Analyzing all episodes of TV show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Analyzing all episodes of TV show

Can something be done regarding having to analyze all episodes to download 1 show? For example, downloading 1 episode of NCIS on P+ takes a long time since it's analyzing all 400+ episodes before the download option appears. There are some daytime shows that have over 1000 episodes and it's painfully slow having to analyze all 1000+ episodes.

Thank you

100%
    NGL, this is done very, very poorly
    Take a look at how others (I won't name names, or give any hints on where to look, sorry) handle this, and you'll see THEY get it, and do it properly
    When I go into a show in any provider (Amazon, Peacock, HBO, you name it)

Streamfab:
    Takes 3-5 minutes to analyze the show if they have a decent number of episodes (5+ American seasons)

Competition:
    Takes approximately 60 seconds (if that). Analyzes the number of seasons, lets the customer choose which season they want, and gives them the opportunity to select episodes from that season

SF does this incredibly poorly. I've always said that

Comment

Originally posted by twhiting9275 View Post
      100%
      NGL, this is done very, very poorly
      Take a look at how others (I won't name names, or give any hints on where to look, sorry) handle this, and you'll see THEY get it, and do it properly
      When I go into a show in any provider (Amazon, Peacock, HBO, you name it)

Streamfab:
      Takes 3-5 minutes to analyze the show if they have a decent number of episodes (5+ American seasons)

Competition:
      Takes approximately 60 seconds (if that). Analyzes the number of seasons, lets the customer choose which season they want, and gives them the opportunity to select episodes from that season

SF does this incredibly poorly. I've always said that
      I wonder what StreamFab is doing during that 3 to 6 minutes analysis? (analyzing can mean 100 different things) Does anyone know?
      Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

I agree. If you pick, say season 5 of NCIS, why go through all 19 seasons, then all 460 episodes, before you can pick only season 5.
        Then again, is it StreamFab or the source for the episodes that causes the problem?

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post

I wonder what StreamFab is doing during that 3 to 6 minutes analysis? (analyzing can mean 100 different things) Does anyone know?
          I'd say the same thing that it does every other time. In cases like NCIS, it's (literally) got to go through near 19 seasons, 500 episodes, so this is going to take some time. If it takes that 6 minutes, that's about 1.2 episodes a second, to assign the correct episode to the correct season, get titles, permissions, metadata (if necessary), etc. That's a fair amount to process, and , SF doesn't do this efficiently

The most efficient way to do this, hands down, is going to be looking at the request, grabbing the requested season, and offering others as a 'dropdown' of sorts, or other user selectable method. So, instead of analyzing all 500 episodes at once, it can just focus on the requested season, and total number of seasons, letting the user choose other seasons down the road (maybe in the same session).

Comment

Originally posted by Movies99 View Post
            Then again, is it StreamFab or the source for the episodes that causes the problem?
            It's 100%, streamfab. Or, rather, how SF handles the request
            If SF did things efficiently, then, you'd be looking at a much shorter wait period

Comment

Originally posted by twhiting9275 View Post
              It's 100%, streamfab. Or, rather, how SF handles the request
              If SF did things efficiently, then, you'd be looking at a much shorter wait period
              I agree.
              Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

We'll optimize related functions. Thank you for the suggestion.

DVDFab log default location:
                For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
                For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
                For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

Can the Dev's let us know if this is actively being worked on. The last 2 releases haven't changed anything regarding analyzing all episodes of a TV show before we can download. I hope this can be changed. It already takes a long to time to download one show with the downloading, processing, and remuxing process. Analyzing all the episodes first just adds more time to the already slow process. A more streamlined approach would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by hart7 View Post
                    Can the Dev's let us know if this is actively being worked on. The last 2 releases haven't changed anything regarding analyzing all episodes of a TV show before we can download. I hope this can be changed. It already takes a long to time to download one show with the downloading, processing, and remuxing process. Analyzing all the episodes first just adds more time to the already slow process. A more streamlined approach would be much appreciated. Thank you.
                    The developer is still trying to find a way to improve it.

Comment

Thank you. I appreciate the update.

Comment

Working...
                      X