Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problems with VPN and Roku Channel - any other issues that users have with VPN?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with VPN and Roku Channel - any other issues that users have with VPN?

I just signed up with ExpressVPN and am *very* happy with speeds/download.

Have not tried using with Netflix yet due to the problem that I think was fixed with last StreamFab update, but will test in a little bit after last season of Sanctuary/Roku Channel finishes.

I did encounter an error when trying to use Express VPN with the Roku Channel (see attached) that it can not get past analyzing file.

Roku Channel had all seasons of Sanctuary TV series in higher definition (1920x1080) than everywhere else.

Amazon and others had lower resolutions (1280 x 720) and were missing Sanctuary TV series Season 3 or had only a few episodes.

ExpressVPN gives a trial, but I think I'm gonna keep it as of right now.

The only annoying thing is the occasional Captcha popups from Google/others when browsing internet, but livable.

Anyway, have any of you other users had VPN issues with any other streaming services?

Thanks!

Attached Files

Amazon.
    There ExpressVPN does not work to circumvent their geo-blocking. That comes down to Amazon locking it self to your country of origin when creating the account.
    So i highly doubt that any of all the tons of other VPN services out there actually will work when it comes to Amazon in circumventing their geo-blocking.

Comment

It's ironic that I had to turn off ExpressVPN in order to access this forum because it banned IP given by ExpressVpn to me on login. :-)

This forum told me to contact administrator (see attached) when using ExpressVpn.

Especially considering one of the reasons I got a VPN, and ExpressVpn in particular, is the post by Wilson Wang here that compares Nord & Express.

Forum post showing compatibility with streaming services
      https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...aming-services
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Mike_M; 04-14-2022, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_M View Post
        I just signed up with ExpressVPN and am *very* happy with speeds/download.

Have not tried using with Netflix yet due to the problem that I think was fixed with last StreamFab update, but will test in a little bit after last season of Sanctuary/Roku Channel finishes.

I did encounter an error when trying to use Express VPN with the Roku Channel (see attached) that it can not get past analyzing file.

Roku Channel had all seasons of Sanctuary TV series in higher definition (1920x1080) than everywhere else.

Amazon and others had lower resolutions (1280 x 720) and were missing Sanctuary TV series Season 3 or had only a few episodes.

ExpressVPN gives a trial, but I think I'm gonna keep it as of right now.

The only annoying thing is the occasional Captcha popups from Google/others when browsing internet, but livable.

Anyway, have any of you other users had VPN issues with any other streaming services?

Thanks!

I tried a few VPN server of ExpressVPN, but for now, Roku Channel video could not be played back when connecting via ExpressVPN, however, the video played back well if connecting via NordVPN.

So please try with NordVPN, and I will update the status in the thread. https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...aming-services

Wilson
        Please post your logs the default location is:
        For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
        For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
        If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post

I tried a few VPN server of ExpressVPN, but for now, Roku Channel video could not be played back when connecting via ExpressVPN, however, the video played back well if connecting via NordVPN.

So please try with NordVPN, and I will update the status in the thread. https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...aming-services

Wilson
          Thanks for updating!

I decided to cancel ExpressVPN & am going to try Nord.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_M View Post

Thanks for updating!

I decided to cancel ExpressVPN & am going to try Nord.
            Hey Mike....make sure you don't have another window open with ROKU also when you try downloading...another browser window open to it will stop it from working most of the time also.
            I guess it only like to let you have one stream. NORD is a good decision though...never had a problem with it most services.

Comment

Originally posted by jimc115 View Post

Hey Mike....make sure you don't have another window open with ROKU also when you try downloading...another browser window open to it will stop it from working most of the time also.
              I guess it only like to let you have one stream. NORD is a good decision though...never had a problem with it most services.
              Thanks for the suggestion Jim!

I only had one Roku Channel window open in StreamFab - not open in any other browser (Chrome/Firefox).

I *did* login to Roku Channel, since I have an account, but thinking about it, I don't know if you actually need to logon to download from them.

I think Admin Wilson Wang must have also tested ExpressVpn with Roku Channel since he updated his list to show it doesn't work together.

Just curious, but were you able to use ExpressVpn with the Roku Channel and download from StreamFab?

Comment

Working...
              X