• Time
  • Show
Clear All

HBO MAx & SF 5.0.2.9

Having an issue when I try to login to HBO MAX

It show msg that we are having trouble switching profiles . pls try again

Despite I have only one profile

Also it is working just fine in normal browser & on my Apple TV

Also I am able to copy link from my browser and download ??

Maybe you can set up another profile in your HBO Max account and then try again and see if it will make a difference.

Comment

Try that already.

Still having same issue

Comment

Still same issue even with new update

Comment

You may try to delete this folder and see the result:
          C:\Users\xxx\Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\temp\cache

Or remove the current version and then install the latest offline version to have a try.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
            Maybe you can set up another profile in your HBO Max account and then try again and see if it will make a difference.
            This was a good suggestion, It worked once for me by setting up a kids account for HBOMax, tried setting up an adult account, but that didn't trigger it at the time.

HBOMax login has always been quirky for me. StreamFab usually brings me to the circled "M" letter to proceed to login.

If you have to logon from HBOMax from scratch, that's where the quirkiness begins in being able to get on for me.

This also happens in browser environments and frankly I thing HBOMax is undergoing some checking/communication with your account to get you the the circled letter point.

The reason for this, I believe, is that HBO has a funneling of either logging on directly or checking subscriptions via other people that offer it.

For instance, I had HBOMax/ATT because of upgrading my phone service free HBOMax for a year, it had to handshake verify database of ATT - attached is a list of just some of the providers.

If you hit "view all the providers" at the bottom of the list, it's pages & pages of options.

I think there is some program code/glitch at HBO at the point of logon that is causing these frustrations.

Just my hunch...

Mike

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_M View Post

This was a good suggestion, It worked once for me by setting up a kids account for HBOMax, tried setting up an adult account, but that didn't trigger it at the time.

HBOMax login has always been quirky for me. StreamFab usually brings me to the circled "M" letter to proceed to login.

If you have to logon from HBOMax from scratch, that's where the quirkiness begins in being able to get on for me.

This also happens in browser environments and frankly I thing HBOMax is undergoing some checking/communication with your account to get you the the circled letter point.

The reason for this, I believe, is that HBO has a funneling of either logging on directly or checking subscriptions via other people that offer it.

For instance, I had HBOMax/ATT because of upgrading my phone service free HBOMax for a year, it had to handshake verify database of ATT - attached is a list of just some of the providers.

If you hit "view all the providers" at the bottom of the list, it's pages & pages of options.

I think there is some program code/glitch at HBO at the point of logon that is causing these frustrations.

Just my hunch...

Mike

have you tried clearing your browser's cookies and cache &
              restarting your browser to see if you still get the sign in error ??

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

have you tried clearing your browser's cookies and cache &
                restarting your browser to see if you still get the sign in error ??
                october262,

Thanks for the suggestion!

Yep, deleted all cookies & cache in Chrome and Firefox and closed out StreamFab then deleted the entire directory of \DvdFab\Streamfab\Temp which includes the StreamFab cache and other files that I thought might effect StreamFab/HBOMax connectivity.

Still experience problems with getting to the point of HBOMax login were it gives me the Circled M.

I've also had that message about trouble accessing profile and had to create a "Kids" account (set it with no parental settings) and that let me logon.

I've tried uninstalling (with not keeping settings) and reinstalling StreamFab from full application versions that I have saved downloaded and still periodically have HBO connection issues.

I have not booted into a minimal networking environment in Win10/64bit testing (that would probably be another thing to do) nor goofed around with all the firewall settings/protections in Windows.

That would probably be something for users that continue to have persistent problems to do.

But usually after many tries or waiting for some time, I'm able to log back into HBOMax.

Mike
                Last edited by Mike_M; 04-21-2022, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_M View Post

october262,

Thanks for the suggestion!

Yep, deleted all cookies & cache in Chrome and Firefox and closed out StreamFab then deleted the entire directory of \DvdFab\Streamfab\Temp which includes the StreamFab cache and other files that I thought might effect StreamFab/HBOMax connectivity.

Still experience problems with getting to the point of HBOMax login were it gives me the Circled M.

I've also had that message about trouble accessing profile and had to create a "Kids" account (set it with no parental settings) and that let me logon.

I've tried uninstalling (with not keeping settings) and reinstalling StreamFab from full application versions that I have saved downloaded and still periodically have HBO connection issues.

I have not booted into a minimal networking environment in Win10/64bit testing (that would probably be another thing to do) nor goofed around with all the firewall settings/protections in Windows.

That would probably be something for users that continue to have persistent problems to do.

But usually after many tries or waiting for some time, I'm able to log back into HBOMax.

Mike
                  are you staying signed in while not using streamfab or HBOMax ??
                  go into your HBOMax account click profile - manage devices - click the Sign All Devices Out button.
                  then retry signing in and see if you still have issues.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

are you staying signed in while not using streamfab or HBOMax ??
                    go into your HBOMax account click profile - manage devices - click the Sign All Devices Out button.
                    then retry signing in and see if you still have issues.
                    Good suggestion.

I had completely logged out of HBOMax, but did not even consider to do that.

I also have not shared my accounts Amazon Prime (with Paramount+, Starz, BritBox, IDMB/free), Netflix, HBOMax, with any other users/family so I'm the only one that could be signed into them.

Will try that next time I have a problem.

Just logged on HBOMax via Chrome & it only showed my one connection when I went to Account/Manage Devices/Sign Out all devices

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                    X