Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Choosing Download Source For Best Quality When Video Is Available On Multiple Sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Choosing Download Source For Best Quality When Video Is Available On Multiple Sites

I apologize if this question as been asked in the past..... or if the answer is right under my nose and I'm showing my ignorance.....

Having said that..... here's my question.....

Let's say "Example Movie" is available to download from multiple sites accessible by StreamFab..... and I as a StreamFab user have access to all of the sites..... how do I choose which website is best to select as my source for downloading "Example Movie" which will give me the best quality?....

Is there a list somewhere that ranks all the StreamFab websites by quality?.....

Is there a list of variables to consider which suggest which ones matter most..... or the importance of each individual variable regarding the ultimate choice?.....

Thanks for your assistance.

Current Ignore List: Brozilla, Chameleon, NewMelle, hizbf, radiah

Given your scenario, I would download from all the sites (it's not costing you any extra) and visually compare them side by side. There are just too many variables that can affect the quality. You can't always go by resolution or bit rates although they tend to show some hints as to quality. Only your eyes can say what's best.

Comment

Thank you for your reply..... although that is exactly the answer I was afraid I would get.....

Am I also to assume that this "download from all and let my eyes make the choice" will always apply whenever multiple source sites are available because of the different protocols which a movie could have been acquired..... along with the protocol which would be applied by StreamFab when I perform the download?.....

In other words..... I will never be able to assume that because..... for example..... Netflix may seem to be the site I have chosen most often thus far..... but regarding the next video available on multiple locations..... another site could just as easily offer me what I think is better quality because of when the video was initially released..... the technology available at the time..... what protocols were used to make it available from their site..... and how StreamFab will ultimately treat it during the download process to me.....

Would that be a correct assumption?
      Last edited by weavermovies; 04-18-2022, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by weavermovies View Post
        Thank you for your reply..... although that is exactly the answer I was afraid I would get.....

Am I also to assume that this "download from all and let my eyes make the choice" will always apply whenever multiple source sites are available because of the different protocols which a movie could have been acquired..... along with the protocol which would be applied by StreamFab when I perform the download?.....

In other words..... I will never be able to assume that because..... for example..... Netflix may seem to be the site I have chosen most often thus far..... but regarding the next video available on multiple locations..... another site could just as easily offer me what I think is better quality because of when the video was initially released..... the technology available at the time..... what protocols were used to make it available from their site..... and how StreamFab will ultimately treat it during the download process to me.....

Would that be a correct assumption?
        see post #1 here - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...-here-~updated you can see the expected quality from each streaming service you can download.

Comment

Thank you for your reply..... I had actually either seen that post..... or that same list which appears in the post showing the video resolutions and audio codecs for each StreamFab supported site.....

Although being new to StreamFab and not wanting to assume..... I decided to ask my original question wondering if there was anything else I should be considering besides those obvious two categories.....

You saw the response from Cats4U stating that there were too many variables to give a concrete list .....and what was said made a lot of sense..... so unless someone states a case for contradiction..... which I don't think was the intent of your reply..... if more than one source exists for a movie I want to download..... it's in my best interest to invest the extra time to "download from all sources and let my eyes decide".

Comment

Working...
          X