X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5.0.3.0 StreamFab Netflix Issue

StreamFab is still not analyzing videos on Netflix. Logs attached
    Attached Files

The only Netflix issue I have is that the forced subtitles do not work on any series, other wise its great Click image for larger version  Name:	Fab 5030.png Views:	0 Size:	206.5 KB ID:	408809
    Last edited by Chameleon; 04-20-2022, 04:45 PM.
    Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by thalasa View Post
      thalsa,

I've spent over an hour trying to figure out this problem.

I was on 5.0.2.9 and saw that 5.0.3.0 had been released today & upgraded.

I saw your post, then thought I'd test on a Netflix Movie.

I had the *same* issue as you on 5.0.3.0, it would not analyze files when I tried Netflix.

I cleared the cache & temp files & tried again.

5.0.3.0 still would not do anything.

I uninstalled 5.0.3.0 and (deleted settings in uninstall) & Re-installed 5.0.2.9 & went into 5.0.2.9 menu and reset settings.

5.0.2.9. keep telling me that there were changes and I had to log out of Netflix in order to implement them I must logoff Netflix and relog on - (see attachment 1).

I logged in/out many times of Netflix in StreamFab, cleared history, cookies & other site data, exited StreamFab & then relaunched StreamFab, but still got you have to logout/logon for new changes (attachment 1)?

I did not have a logon in any other browser and cache of browsers was cleared.

Since 5.0.2.9 was having this problem too, I uninstalled it completely (deleted saved settings), reinstalled 5.0.3.0 and now was again in an endless loop of you must logout/logon for changes to take affect (see attachment 2).

Frustrated, and thinking *this* not make sense I turned off my computer, then turned off my Spectrum Modem, let the Modem reconnect, launched Windows StreamFab 5.0.3.0 and it initially analyzed the file.

Just tried it again now (2:15Cst US) and it again after logging out of Netflix in StreamFab, clearing history, shutting down StreamFab and then re-launching StreamFab - it is not analyzing files in Netflix when I first try the file.

When it didn't analyze file this time, I immediately hit the back arrow in StreamFab/Netflix logon tried to download the same file and then it started to analyze!?

This is weird.

Attached Files
      Last edited by Mike_M; 04-20-2022, 07:17 PM.

Comment

90% of customers' issues are due to poor networking on the customer's end.

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
          I've never had any issues with Netflix not analyzing files until today after I tried it on seeing this user's post.

Nothing has changed in my networking here at home.

In addition, the new 5.0.3.0 version had some verbiage in "What's new" of
          • Fix: An analysis failure problem when downloading certain Netflix videos.
          5.0.2.9 also had that verbiage too.

We both had this coincidental and concurrent issue of it not analyzing files.

Tempted to uninstall & try previous versions of StreamFab that I have archived just for the heck of testing.

Speculation ahead

Yesterday Netflix's quarterly report was bad, stock fell about 25% in overnight trading and they blamed a lot of this on the sharing of accounts between households and Covid restrictions no longer in effect and said they would probably lose about 2.5 million more customers in the next quarter.

They said that changes were coming to cutdown on sharing of accounts between different households and probably will implement a new cheaper tier with commercials.

Speculative that Netflix *might* be changing stuff a little in connections some for testing of crackdown on account sharing.

But that in addition StreamFab Netflix analysis fix on certain files, and the coincidence that I have the same issue as the poster of this topic and have not had these issues in the past seem just as likely to me as Network issues.

Something is odd with at the file analysis point not "catching" and Netflix seeing you logged in when you're not (connection kept active).

Hopefully the logfiles the poster of this topic sent might help programmers figure out the issue.

3:01 CST US Windows 10/64bit

Just tried a couple of more times with StreamFab/5.0.3.0.

After properly logging off of Netflix in StreamFab, Clearing History, shutting down StreamFab & relaunching, logging onto Netflix and trying to download a file.

It did not analyze the file when I first try, I hit the back arrow in both attempted testing cases, then tried the file again without exiting Netflix in StreamFab and it then started analyzing and offering resolution choices.

This is a new issue at the point of analyzing file for me in StreamFab with Netflix.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Mike_M; 04-20-2022, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Current state/issue of StreamFab 5.0.3.0 issue with analyzing files in Netflix for me.

Win 10/64bit, NordVpn off, StreamFab 5.0.3.0 test of Netflix analyzing files

Steps I took:

1. Turned off NordVpn
            2. Deleted all StreamFab logs to have log files including only this test.
            3. Launched StreamFab 5.0.3.0
            4. Setup screen capture software to create .mpg of exact problem....
            4. Logged into Netflix
            5. Put "Better Call Saul" in search box (same files as user Chameleon used)
            6. Choose "Better Call Saul"
            7. Better Call Saul plays without doing an analyzing file and giving choices
            8. Hit back arrow of playing Better Call Saul episode
            9. Choose Better Call Saul again
            10. Better Call Saul *now* does an analyzing & offers choices
            11. Attached screenshots, log file attached didn't work in editing this file, did it as a reply to this.

I have a 13,479kb (small) .mpg file that shows the exact process from putting Better Call Saul in search box on Netflix till I get the Analyzing/File options.
            I *tried* to attach it both as a .mpg and a zipped file, but both error out when trying to attach
            I can email it as an attachment if you want.

Mike
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Mike_M; 04-20-2022, 11:00 PM.

Comment

Trying to attach log files again, success this time!
              Attached Files

Comment

I have been downloading from NF all day and there is no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by thalasa View Post
                  Please try to playback the video first, if no change, try to playback it for a few times, and then try to download it again to see the result.

Comment

I have been downloading from NF all day and there is no problem.
                    Glad you don't have this problem but I do...

I submitted screenshots & log files above and even created an .mpg that I emailed to Mona of me doing the process showing the problem from once I'm StreamFab 5.0.3.0/Netflix, don't get the analyze, hit the back arrow, choose the file again and then it does the analyze.

Hopefully the developers can make something of this.

Comment

I also have the Netflix problem being discussed..... and while you may not be experiencing any difficulty..... that does not diminish the frustration felt by those who are.....

I just ran a speed test..... Here are the results.....

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Download speed: 502.96 Mb/s
                      Upload speed: 213.05 Mb/s
                      Network latency: 9 msec round trip time
                      Jitter: 6 msec

Your Internet speed is extremely fast. Speeds in this range are described as "gigabit," and are desirable for streaming in 4K on widescreen TVs and intensive use like video uploads or supporting a home office."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

While I agree that there are some users who have slower than recommended speeds which can result in problems..... those speed problems would be universal across all the websites being accessed by StreamFab and not be limited specifically to Netflix.....

Respectfully..... I think your "90%" remark is both inaccurate as well as off the cuff with no factual basis..... although I would be the first to offer an apology if you could provide a source.....

In closing..... I've been a DVDFab customer for over a decade and have every confidence that they will solve the problem..... however..... as "Mike_M" has already pointed out above..... Reed Hastings is running scared and I would expect access to Netflix could be volatile over the next 6 to 12 months as he attempts to claw back some of the hundreds of millions he's thrown at high profile names.
                      Last edited by weavermovies; 04-21-2022, 05:24 AM.

Current Ignore List: Brozilla, Chameleon, NewMelle, hizbf, radiah

Comment

was downloading netflix files without a problem today...decided to apply the latest streamfab upgrade...since the upgrade streamfab will not download netflix...it becomes non responsive and i have to bring up the task manager to close streamfab

Comment

Originally posted by IronicMan View Post
                          was downloading netflix files without a problem today...decided to apply the latest streamfab upgrade...since the upgrade streamfab will not download netflix...it becomes non responsive and i have to bring up the task manager to close streamfab
                          Sorry to hear that, please completely remove the current version and then install the offline version to try again.

Comment

Working...
                          X