HBO Max - Fantastic Beasts Secrets of Dumbledore Fails Audio Processing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HBO Max - Fantastic Beasts Secrets of Dumbledore Fails Audio Processing

While I know that there is a DRM issue with HBO currently and new content released recently won't be able to download higher than 720. I tried to download Fantastic Beasts Secrets of Dumbledore at 4K anyway. Figuring that it would drop it down to 720 on its own if it's not able to download at 4K. Well instead of dropping the resolution to 720 it downloads the 4K file and the associated audio then fails on processing. Specifically on display it states audio processing failed contact support or some such. Here is the attached log. I can download the movie without issue If I manually select 720. I'm guessing that either SF cannot process the Dolby Atmos, or the DRM is encrypting the audio file as well. It is the later I do hope the DRM can be fixed before HBO pulls the 4K version of Fantastic Beasts Secrets of Dumbledore
    Attached Files

So I did get prompted with a message box that stated due to DRM issues the movie was only able to be downloaded at 720p, and the download was successful.... not sure of the difference but the net is that right now it seems only 720p downloads are possible from HBOMax.

Comment

Originally posted by AGuyWithAComputer View Post
      While I know that there is a DRM issue with HBO currently and new content released recently won't be able to download higher than 720. I tried to download Fantastic Beasts Secrets of Dumbledore at 4K anyway. Figuring that it would drop it down to 720 on its own if it's not able to download at 4K. Well instead of dropping the resolution to 720 it downloads the 4K file and the associated audio then fails on processing. Specifically on display it states audio processing failed contact support or some such. Here is the attached log. I can download the movie without issue If I manually select 720. I'm guessing that either SF cannot process the Dolby Atmos, or the DRM is encrypting the audio file as well. It is the later I do hope the DRM can be fixed before HBO pulls the 4K version of Fantastic Beasts Secrets of Dumbledore
      I just tried with 5.0.3.6 Win.

Picked 1080 resolution...

It gave me the 720p popup limitation message.

Then it did the "analyzing" and gave the 720 popup message again?

It downloaded 720p (see attached) and sound is fine.

Bitrate is only 2,381 k/bs.

Attached Files

Comment

I find 720p to be quite fine, it's when some providers are only giving 480p or 360p that makes my eyes tear up.
        Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

With my limited understanding of their log file. It did download the 4k video file and the audio file and the subtitle file but failed at the processing of the audio file stage.

I'm guessing that the 4k version has a different audio file attached than the 1080 and 720 versions, which is why I've brought this up to the devs.

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
            I find 720p to be quite fine, it's when some providers are only giving 480p or 360p that makes my eyes tear up.
            I agree, but when I can get it at a better resolution I will.

Comment

Seem's they fixed something in 5.0.3.6. I tried again to download in 4k but it reverted to 720 as expected until the DRM issue is resolved

Comment

But these are not able to solve this problem. And what is not in their interest is to say publicly that they cannot solve it. We just need to boycott their products and then see how long they will ignore us and these are the world's thugs

Comment

Originally posted by bas View Post
                  But these are not able to solve this problem. And what is not in their interest is to say publicly that they cannot solve it. We just need to boycott their products and then see how long they will ignore us and these are the world's thugs
                  Dude, I have the lifetime. they've already got my money. boycotting their product only hurts me not them.

cracking encryption is not easy and it will take time.

Comment

What are you talking about? This encryption has long since been breached by a friend

Comment

Last I checked you still cannot download 1080 or higher from hbo max. so no it's not been cracked yet.

Comment

missed sai long ago this was broken

Comment

Working...
                        X