Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

StreamFab v5.0.3.6 [Win] - Wrong Audio Tracks on Netflix --in both 5.1 & stereo.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StreamFab v5.0.3.6 [Win] - Wrong Audio Tracks on Netflix --in both 5.1 & stereo.

Using v.5.0.3.6.
    Trying to download LOVE DEATH & ROBOTS off Netflix. Set the audio to Multichannel in the download dialogue and, by default, it downloads both English (Original) and English (Descriptive Audio) -- but with the Descriptive Audio on top, set as the default track.

I don't want that. So I download it again, this time with Descriptive Audio UNchecked. It downloads it with only ONE audio track as expected, BUT it's the Descriptive Audio!

I wonder if maybe I just hit the wrong box, so I try it again -- the same results.

I think, "Maybe it's just labeled backwards?" So I try it the other way around: I uncheck English (Original) and leave English (Descriptive) checked. Result: Only one track downloads --and it's the Descriptive.

(At this point I am silently cursing the names of everyone who coded this demon-possessed software.)

Out of curiously I decide to see if it does the same thing when set to Stereo instead of Multichannel. And lo & behold I make a discovery!

When it's set to MULTICHANNEL, whether you check (Original) or (Descriptive), if you only check one you ALWAYS GET English [DESCRIPTIVE AUDIO]!!!

And when it's set to STEREO, whether you check (Original) or (Descriptive), if you only check one you ALWAYS GET English [ORIGINAL]!!!

So... WTF?!?

p.s. I believe this may have begun with the update where we lost the ability to choose from a list with BOTH multichannel AND stereo tracks, instead having to pick from a list of only EITHER multi OR stereo tracks.

Here are the logs from one such session:

StreamFab_Log_wrong-audio-track-downloaded.txt

Comment

The developer will work it out as soon as possible. Thank you for the report.

Comment

Working...
      X