Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestion - A sticky topic for previous version links Win/Mac

Hi,

I would like to suggest a sticky topic in this support forum that includes links to previous versions (maybe 3 or so?) of StreamFab for Windows & Mac.

I know some of us always download the offline full versions and archive them for testing/rollback - just in case.

One user just posted about an issue that he thinks is specific to new Mac version and it would be nice to point him to the sticky topic that maybe had links to last 3 or so versions.

This would help support/frustration in not having him to wait for a moderator to see his post & respond with a link to the previous version (that's sometimes done by moderators).

Thanks!

Mike

Originally posted by Mike_M View Post
    Hi,

I would like to suggest a sticky topic in this support forum that includes links to previous versions (maybe 3 or so?) of StreamFab for Windows & Mac.

I know some of us always download the offline full versions and archive them for testing/rollback - just in case.

One user just posted about an issue that he thinks is specific to new Mac version and it would be nice to point him to the sticky topic that maybe had links to last 3 or so versions.

This would help support/frustration in not having him to wait for a moderator to see his post & respond with a link to the previous version (that's sometimes done by moderators).

Thanks!

Mike
    don't they have previous versions in the member center ??

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

don't they have previous versions in the member center ??
      Hi october262,

I'm not aware of a link that has previous versions other than the "extended downloads" that you have to pay $9.99 (see attached).

I do know that moderators here sometimes post links to previous versions when people need them for troubleshooting or rollback.

Just thought it'd be nice to have the last few versions in this support forum to expedite rollback for testing or if there is an issue in order to help people and result in less frustration.

Update: It looks like you can buy the extended download service for $9.99 by itself (see attached) after I went into member center per your mention.

Thanks!

Mike
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Mike_M; 06-17-2022, 01:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_M View Post

Hi october262,

I'm not aware of a link that has previous versions other than the "extended downloads" that you have to pay $9.99 (see attached).

I do know that moderators here sometimes post links to previous versions when people need them for troubleshooting or rollback.

Just thought it'd be nice to have the last few versions in this support forum to expedite rollback for testing or if theirs and issue in order to help people and result in less frustration.

Update: It looks like you can buy the extended download service for $9.99 by itself if you are a member (see attached #2) after I went to it per your mention.

Thanks!

Mike
        according to post #2 here - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...ns#post405998=
        the extended download service gives you access to legacy versions of all the DVDFab products you have licenses for.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

according to post #2 here - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...ns#post405998=
          the extended download service gives you access to legacy versions of all the DVDFab products you have licenses for.
          Yeah,

I saw that after I went there when you mentioned "member center" and responded to the post of the guy wanting to rollback to previous version on Mac.

Saw that it can also be purchased "stand-a-lone" for $9.99 now if you didn't originally purchase it.

Thanks!

Mike
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Mike_M; 06-17-2022, 12:56 AM.

Comment

Thanks Mike M. I was able to redownload 5036 without having to pay the $9.99. If you already own it, you should not have to pay for it, especially since I did invest in Lifetime.

Comment

They're not going to do this, and rightly so.
              You can download this directly from your account, IF you have the option purchased. Mods aren't going to help you get around that requirement, and, again, rightly so.

Comment

Originally posted by twhiting9275 View Post
                They're not going to do this, and rightly so.
                You can download this directly from your account, IF you have the option purchased. Mods aren't going to help you get around that requirement, and, again, rightly so.
                I've seen moderators provide links to previous versions a few times to help people on this forum.

Here's one example (see attached) from below thread:

I purchased both DRM MPD and DRM M3U8. I could download from Crave using MPD and from CBC Gem using M3U8 on V5.0.3.3. Tonight I upgraded to V5.0.3.4 and now trying to download from Crave, StreamFab insists on trying to use DRM M3U8, which of course does not work!! Can you please add an option that allows the user to manually
                Attached Files

Comment

That's not remotely the same thing

Comment

Originally posted by twhiting9275 View Post
                    That's not remotely the same thing
                    Really?

Mona supplied link to 5.0.3.3 (previous version) that he said worked after he upgraded to 5.0.3.4 (which didn't).

He used the link to download the previous version that Mona supplied, tried again and it worked.

There are a few other examples of moderators providing links to previous versions of software to help users if you want to search for them in this forum.

Not worth arguing about.

Was just trying to help another user and suggest a sticky for something that I've seen moderators do.

I purchased both DRM MPD and DRM M3U8. I could download from Crave using MPD and from CBC Gem using M3U8 on V5.0.3.3. Tonight I upgraded to V5.0.3.4 and now trying to download from Crave, StreamFab insists on trying to use DRM M3U8, which of course does not work!! Can you please add an option that allows the user to manually

Movies 99:

I could download from Crave using MPD and from CBC Gem using M3U8 on V5.0.3.3.
                    Tonight I upgraded to V5.0.3.4 and now trying to download from Crave, StreamFab insists on trying to use DRM M3U8, which of course does not work!!

Mona:

Please use v5033 to try the same video again and see if it will make a difference.
                    Here is the download link:
                    https://d17.dvdfab.cn/download/49_50...b_x64_5033.exe

If still have the same problem, please post the StreamFab log file, thanks.

Movies 99:

I then downloaded your V5.0.3.3 link and tried again.
                    As soon as I opened Crave MPD appeared and the file was downloaded.

Comment

Working...
                    X