Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

STOP with the forced descriptive audio nonsense!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To the OP

Forget the law, how about acting like a human being, there are blind people out there listening to these movies, don't you think it would be a nice thing to do if we made it easier for them, not harder. Sometimes people take the advantages the Lord gave them for granted. Someday you might want someone to think of you and when they make it harder for you instead of easier, you certainly will not be happy. So stop, thinking of yourself and think of the people that have a disability, they want to enjoy what they can.
    Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Thanks for being understanding of others Chameleon.
      As a member of several private places, one of the first things I learned is to include everything that's available...especially subtitles.
      They are a necessity to many, many people. It's just a simple matter of respect. I personally download subtitles with everything when
      they are included because I may need them some day to enjoy the collection I've built. The AD track might add 200MB's to a 10GB movie...
      so it's not going to end the world for anyone.
      Last edited by jimc115; 06-25-2022, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by maineiac13 View Post

While I personally don't care whether or not additional audio tracks that I do not use are included automatically unless I opt out, it is not true that 47 CFR § 79.3 is applicable since StreamFab neither meets the definition of a provider that must include all such audio tracks to its customers, nor, since it is located in China, is it subject to the jurisdiction of the United States FCC.
        I didn't say StreamFab had to include it. I said it's pulled from the MPD file. As far as the program is concerned, it's an Audio Track like any other. If you choose English as your audio, it's going to add it. The program only knows that it is an English Audio track. The law says it has to be included and eventually, it will be included for other languages also. AS STATED...if you don't want it, don't choose a default and just pick the track you want.

READING IS FUNDEMENTAL. Try it sometime.

Comment

Streaming providers will provide what they feel they need to. The question should really be: Can we get an option to exclude certain types of audio tracks from being selected automatically.? Like a check box for "Exclude Descriptive Audio tracks" and one for "Exclude stereo 2.0 when 5.1 is available" or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
            To the OP

Forget the law, how about acting like a human being, there are blind people out there listening to these movies, don't you think it would be a nice thing to do if we made it easier for them, not harder. Sometimes people take the advantages the Lord gave them for granted.
            What does the last sentence have to do with anything?? There are plenty of us who know that "the Lord" idea came from cuneiform tablets, Enki and Enlil, not the Bible. I don't see any reason to post organized religious misinformation that is plagiarism of much older tablets here. Besides, "The Lord" didn't create me, I chose this life myself, and I remember doing it - so do many others. No Deity was part of my birthing process.

Comment

Originally posted by SirRush View Post

What does the last sentence have to do with anything?? There are plenty of us who know that "the Lord" idea came from cuneiform tablets, Enki and Enlil, not the Bible. I don't see any reason to post organized religious misinformation that is plagiarism of much older tablets here. Besides, "The Lord" didn't create me, I chose this life myself, and I remember doing it - so do many others. No Deity was part of my birthing process.
              Hmmm...please don't hijack this thread based on your theological or other beliefs. Regardless of the history of the term, the sentence in question was clear in its meaning and consistent with the discussion in this thread. While Chameleon may have been expressing a belief, in no way was it being expressed in a way that was promotional or in any way an attempt to sway others toward his belief. Your post, on the other hand, is not so cut and dried. Different people believe different things - get used to it. This isn't the place to promote, debate, or attempt to invalidate others' beliefs. I mean no disrespect, but I don't think it's unfair to call you out on this - as one community member to another.
              Last edited by Dog; 06-25-2022, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dog View Post

Hmmm...please don't hijack this thread based on your theological or other beliefs. Regardless of the history of the term, the sentence in question was clear in its meaning and consistent with the discussion in this thread. While Chameleon may have been expressing a belief, in no way was it being expressed in a way that was promotional or in any way an attempt to sway others toward his belief. Your post, on the other hand, is not so cut and dried. Different people believe different things - get used to it. This isn't the place to promote, debate, or attempt to invalidate others' beliefs. I mean no disrespect, but I don't think it's unfair to call you out on this - as one community member to another.
                Thank you Dog, in no way did I mean anything Sir Rush said I did, I have no knowledge of what he accused me of. I have no idea what this means "cuneiform tablets, Enki and Enlil, not the Bible." My post was in no way religious at all. It just goes to show you how some people read things into what no one said. Anyway, I am glad someone understood me. Thanks Dog.

Comment

Originally posted by Dog View Post

I am not hijacking. The religious statement doesn't need to be here "Sometimes people take the advantages of what the Lord gave them for granted". This isn't a religious forum, and comments like that shouldn't be here as it IS a religious statement. Simple, so I pointed to it...and done, or it should have been. I didn't type that he was attempting to sway anyone, nor did I suggest that. I am not attempting to "invalidate" someones 'beliefs', I don't consider myself disrespected at all, and you're welcome to reply..though anything further should be in private...if you, or he thinks more is needed. I don't have anything against you or anyone else, just don't agree that religious stuff should be stated in software forums. Leave religious statements out of here - simple as that.

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post

Thank you Dog, in no way did I mean anything Sir Rush said I did, I have no knowledge of what he accused me of. I have no idea what this means "cuneiform tablets, Enki and Enlil, not the Bible." My post was in no way religious at all. It just goes to show you how some people read things into what no one said. Anyway, I am glad someone understood me. Thanks Dog.
                  "It just goes to show you how some people read things into what no one said." So, I'm dense and just reading something that NO ONE typed?? This "Sometimes people take the advantages the Lord gave them for granted." is something no one typed and doesn't have any meaning!? You don't own it though it's posted by you? That's very odd, then, isn't it?

You are aware of what you typed, or most certainly should be, many people of that particular religion use that statement in various ways. If you don't know what you were typing, and it's "Just something I say/type.." then you might want to become a lot more aware of what you're saying or typing and of the context. I am far from dense, I understood you. To comment like that, and it be okay, then my reply should be viewed as a meandering comment "Just something to type." as well. However, you had meaning and Someone Did Type It, You did. This should be over now, and no more religious statements. I'm not offended, just don't appreciate religious statements on a technical software forum. On my end, it's over. If you want to comment more, please write me in private so this doesn't continue on to truly hijack the thread. Moving on.

Comment

You are a child, children should not be on this forum.

Comment

I encountered the "narrative description" audio track recently in a relatively recent TV show downloaded from Netflix. The regular audio track was included, it just wasn't the default track. Presumably that is Netflix's fault. My solution is to use video editing tools to delete the unwanted audio track. I also routinely delete the lead-ins and lead-outs tacked on by distributors who had nothing to do with the original production. Besides wasting the viewer's time, they are jarring when they are in color or have URLs displayed, while the show is in black & white or predates the internet era.

Comment

@ Chameleon

That was a childish taunt. See you around..

@ JeffDavis

You could use MKVToolNix to remove audio tracks from MP4 and MKV. Unless that's the video editing tool you mean. Though it's not a video editor in the traditional sense..and it's nondestructive.

Comment

Originally posted by SirRush View Post
                          @ Chameleon

That was a childish taunt. See you around..

@ JeffDavis

You could use MKVToolNix to remove audio tracks from MP4 and MKV. Unless that's the video editing tool you mean. Though it's not a video editor in the traditional sense..and it's nondestructive.
                          SirRush - is MKVToolNix command line only?

JeffDavis - if SirRush says MKVToolNix has a GUI, you can ignore the rest of this paragraph. You can use AVIDemux or Lossless Cut to add/remove audio tracks and non-destructively/losslessly trim parts out of (or add parts into) a video - much like MKVToolNix, but via a relatively straight forward GUI. Neither AVIDemux or Lossless Cut are entirely 'beginner friendly', so if you choose to go that route and have any questions, feel free to message me with any questions.

Comment

MKVToolNix does indeed have a gui

Comment

[QUOTE=Dog;n411836]

SirRush - is MKVToolNix command line only?

Since Jeff was typing about video editing (TVSuite/VideoReDo, etc, etc..?), and that's ?never? done via a CLI or Shell, I didn't consider it. ;-) So, a GUI, yup. But it's mean more as a muxer, multiplexer, and spitter/joiner that can remove or inject streams into the MKV container done lossless.

Comment

Hi,

We will add option for downloading or not download the description audio soon.

Wilson
                                Please post your logs the default location is:
                                For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                                For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                                Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                                If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X