No high quality audio on Amazon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No high quality audio on Amazon

This is for "The Boys" Season 3 Episode 6. I'm using the latest version 5.0.4.0. Previously if you dl'ed CVBR you would get HQ video & LQ audio but if you dl'ed CBR you would HQ audio & LQ video. That may be reversed, I'm not certain which way it went. Now it doesn't matter which one you download, you get the same LQ audio 192 kb/s. In a nutshell, they are exactly the same DL.

Attached Files
    Last edited by Digidave; 06-24-2022, 05:32 PM.

Other way round, CVBR you would get VBR video (depending on title can better or worse) and HQ audio (E-AC etc), CBR gets you Constant bitrate video (again, depending on title, can be better or worse depending on title) and LQ sound (AAC). Now like you said on one title I've tried you get 192 kb/s on either of them. Looks like Amazon has restricted the HQ sound to only certain manifest's (not tried HEVC as it was not available on the title I tried). Sure the mod/devs will comment as to what is going on and if/when it will be fixed.

Comment

Hi Digidave,

Amazon - The Boys Testing

I tested below with different software after uninstalling and deleting StreamFab Temp & Cache files & installing versions from offline versions.

All this files were downloaded/processed after seeing your post.

StreamFab 5.0.3.6 Audio were all Doby Digital Plus

S3E04 640Kbs CBR
      S3E05 640Kbs CBR
      S3E06 192Kbs CBR/HEVC

StreamFab 5.0.4.0 Audio were all Doby Digital Plus

S3E04 640Kbs CBR
      S3E05 640Kbs CBR
      S3E06 192Kbs CBR/HEVC

Alternate Software Audio were all Doby Digital Plus

S3E04 640Kbs CBR
      S3E05 640Kbs CBR
      S3E06 192Kbs CBR

It seems that this may be an issue with Amazon Prime serving The Boys S3E06 with 192Kbs audio right now.

Since it was released today, *maybe* it'll be offered in higher Kbs as updates hit servers/Internet providers?

The Boys S3E04 and S3E05 that I previously got on release dates where both 448Kbs, now they are offered by Amazon with 640Kbs (I'm replacing them).

Someone told me on day of release sometimes offerings might be limited until updates on the show with different formats hit Streaming Servers and/or Internet Providers.

Maybe more knowledgeable people could explain that!

Anyone else get Amazon Prime - The Boys S3E06 higher that 192Kbs for Audio, CBR or HEVC?

Mike

Win10/64 Pro
      Last edited by Mike_M; 06-24-2022, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_M View Post
        Hi Digidave,

Amazon - The Boys Testing

I tested below with different software after uninstalling and deleting StreamFab Temp & Cache files & installing versions from offline versions.

All this files were downloaded/processed after seeing your post.

StreamFab 5.0.3.6 Audio were all Doby Digital Plus

S3E04 640Kbs CBR
        S3E05 640Kbs CBR
        S3E06 192Kbs CBR/HEVC

StreamFab 5.0.4.0 Audio were all Doby Digital Plus

S3E04 640Kbs CBR
        S3E05 640Kbs CBR
        S3E06 192Kbs CBR/HEVC

Alternate Software Audio were all Doby Digital Plus

S3E04 640Kbs CBR
        S3E05 640Kbs CBR
        S3E06 192Kbs CBR

It seems that this may be an issue with Amazon Prime serving The Boys S3E06 with 192Kbs audio right now.

Since it was released today, *maybe* it'll be offered in higher Kbs as updates hit servers/Internet providers?

The Boys S3E04 and S3E05 that I previously got on release dates where both 448Kbs, now they are offered by Amazon with 640Kbs (I'm replacing them).

Someone told me on day of release sometimes offerings might be limited until updates on the show with different formats hit Streaming Servers and/or Internet Providers.

Maybe more knowledgeable people could explain that!

Anyone else get Amazon Prime - The Boys S3E06 higher that 192Kbs for Audio, CBR or HEVC?

Mike

Win10/64 Pro
        try going into streamfabs settings - click VIP Services - under video codec (Amazon & HBO Max) set it to H265
        and retry The Boys S3E06 and see if you get better audio.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

try going into streamfabs settings - click VIP Services - under video codec (Amazon & HBO Max) set it to H265
          and retry The Boys S3E06 and see if you get better audio.
          My default is H265 value and I also tried H264 earlier (just in case) without effect.

Just now:

Alternate software (still 192Kbs Audio)

StreamFab 5.0.4.0 Dolby Digital

H265 CBR 192Kbs
          H265 CVBR 192Kbs
          H264 CBR 192Kbs
          H264 CVBR 192Kbs

Comment

Unfortunately I still have the problem. I only get sound with 192 kbs. Version StreamFab 5.0.4.2

Comment

Originally posted by Bommel69 View Post
              Unfortunately I still have the problem. I only get sound with 192 kbs. Version StreamFab 5.0.4.2
              Hi Bommel69,

Just tested The Boys S03E06 right now:

Win 10/64 Pro, US, StreamFab 5.0.4.2

StreamFab:

StreamFab Amazon Prime The Boys S03E06 CVBR (HEVC) 192Kbs Audio
              StreamFab Amazon Prime The Boys S03E06 CBR 192Kbs Audio

Other Software: (Fixed Amazon Prime Playlist on 7/4/22, now gets 640Kbs Audio for this file)

Other Software Amazon Prime The Boys S03E06 CBR 640Kbs Audio

Amazon Prime does offer 640Kbps for audio for The Boys S03E06.

I think StreamFab needs to adjust their software and playlist interface in order to retrieve it.

Mike

Attached: Zipped Log Files

Attached Files

Comment

Are you already working on a solution? There is no improvement in StreamFab 5.0.4.3 either.

Comment

I have now used a trial version of another software and was able to download the same episodes with 640 kbs that I could only download with Streamfab with 192 kbs. Does anyone else care about this problem or does no one else have it?

Comment

Working...
                  X