Netflix Canada can't download - can't get past endless analyzing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Netflix Canada can't download - can't get past endless analyzing

I'm using Express VPN to access Netflix Canada from the US (it's worked beautifully to access Amazon Prime in Canada with a Canadian AP account from the US). I just started a Netflix Canada account because while I could log in (and could stream Netflix through my US account in my browser) StreamFab would log me out and tell me they can't download from accounts that are logged in using a mobile phone (seriously, WTF?) as soon as I made a selection. OK, so now I'm past that nonsense and I can make selections and create a download queue - but I can't get anything to analyze to actually start downloading. Analysis will go on forever if allowed, with no results.

The competition has no problem - I can DL content, but I want thumbnails/artwork on my videos, which they don't provide. And it's not too much to want StreamFab to actually function beyond creating a DL queue!

Anyone got any suggestions? Unlike Prime/Hulu/HBO, there are no regional Netflix settings to tweak under "VIP services".

Hi, would you please send the latest StreamFab log file to us? Thanks.

Comment

Hi Mona - Hope the attached helps.
      Attached Files

Comment

Netflix Germany the same... endless analyzing plus error message afterwards.

Comment

Unless you encountered that problem before 11:00 GMT today, I think that's actually something new, and it seems to be affecting all streaming services.

I did get Netflix Canada to work with Express VPN a few times by selecting Lightway TCP instead of letting it select its own protocol, but it was intermittent. I had to exit it after a download to kick off a second one, and most of the time I have to log out and then log back in (THAT usually takes several attempts), or crash StreamFab, or do some damn thing. It also only seems to work for Toronto.
          Last edited by artsunlimited; 09-22-2022, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Hi, about the Netflix issue, could you please give this special version a try and feedback: https://dl.dvdfab.cn/download/streamfab_x64_6100.exe
            Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
              Hi, about the Netflix issue, could you please give this special version a try and feedback: https://dl.dvdfab.cn/download/streamfab_x64_6100.exe
              Thanks in advance.
              Hi Mona - Thanks for the suggestion, but as I closed out my Netflix Canada account in October, I can't test any results with v.6.1.0.0. I haven't encountered it yet with my domestic Netflix account.

But other users aren't so lucky - at least one is still encountering that same "can't log in with a mobile phone" error as of 4 days ago without a VPN, more than four months after I reported it ,and both before and after the DRM change, my guess is that I'd still have the same results.

We log in with our email accounts, but SF still throws up this error - I really wish the devs would chase this down! Maybe they need to disable ALL "you need to log in" popups - could they be causing this error?

hello i have a problem with downloading netflix stuff. i log in with my email and try to download something. then a message comes up that i am logged in with my phone number. but i logged in with my email. the message makes no sense to me. can someone help me? ​

Comment

Okay, thanks for the reply.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
                  Okay, thanks for the reply.
                  Hi Mona - no problem, and thank you for following up with this. Ironically, in the post I linked, you can see the user just reported they can only get the sign-in error to stop by using a VPN, whereas I only encountered it when I was using one. If only that situation had been reversed back in September!

Comment

Working...
                  X