4K no more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4K no more

So 4K in streamfab seems to be a thing of the past. Just about everything now is 720p. A shame.

Originally posted by mobriskie View Post
    So 4K in streamfab seems to be a thing of the past. Just about everything now is 720p. A shame.
    Streamfab only did 4K from HBOMax. On HBOMax there were only selected titles that were 4K see -> https://help.hbomax.com/us/Answer/Detail/000001167

HBOMax changed their DRM back in March/April? and since that time, StreamFab hasn't been able to download better than 720p on HBOMax.

Comment

I was able to grab 4K from Netflix and Amazon as well. Was. Except for a few select titles it seems it is all 720p now. I’d be fine with 1080p….but 720p….no longer a product. I might as well find a tube type TV at Goodwill.

Comment

Originally posted by mobriskie View Post
        I was able to grab 4K from Netflix and Amazon as well. Was. Except for a few select titles it seems it is all 720p now. I’d be fine with 1080p….but 720p….no longer a product. I might as well find a tube type TV at Goodwill.
        what do you mean you were able to get 4K from netflix and amazon? like a past version, maybe when it was called dvdfab downloader? asking so I can test some older versions.

Comment

Originally posted by Dijitul View Post

what do you mean you were able to get 4K from netflix and amazon? like a past version, maybe when it was called dvdfab downloader? asking so I can test some older versions.
          DVDfab Downloader wasn't able to download any 4K content period, that only happened with StreamFab and it was only limited to HBOMax and Amazon in 'Settings', was never able to download 4K from Netflix. Right now, if you could download any 4K stuff from HBOMax you're not able too as noted.

It also looks like you can only download 1080 from Amazon. There are no settings in settings for StreamFab now to download 4K content from Amazon, just tried Top Gun: Maverick as a 4K/UHD to download from Amazon and it said I didn't have the supported equipment to download 4K content and listed the supported equipment and it was going to use the best resolution to watch the movie, not upstanding that, so something changed with Amazon that it is doing this now with 4K content. Checked with the competition and it is doing the same thing, maybe it's that title but the best from both in a 4K download is 1080 max from Amazon (Top Gun: Maverick only downloads at 1920 x 1040) . But overall, I am still only getting 720p from StreamFab for HBOMax, if it starts out at 720p, I am getting worst at 544p downloads.

Comment

I've never been able to download 4k from any other service but HBO. currently I can get 1080 on Amazon, Netflix, Peacock and Paramount. Some HBO stuff will come down as 1080, but it's all really old. (note HBO changed their DRM again on the 15th of this month)

Also the 544 is 720 when the video is 2.35:1 instead of 16:9 and has the top and bottom black bars without actually including all that dead pixel space in the file.

Comment

Originally posted by Down2Earth View Post

DVDfab Downloader wasn't able to download any 4K content period, that only happened with StreamFab and it was only limited to HBOMax and Amazon in 'Settings', was never able to download 4K from Netflix. Right now, if you could download any 4K stuff from HBOMax you're not able too as noted.

It also looks like you can only download 1080 from Amazon. There are no settings in settings for StreamFab now to download 4K content from Amazon, just tried Top Gun: Maverick as a 4K/UHD to download from Amazon and it said I didn't have the supported equipment to download 4K content and listed the supported equipment and it was going to use the best resolution to watch the movie, not upstanding that, so something changed with Amazon that it is doing this now with 4K content. Checked with the competition and it is doing the same thing, maybe it's that title but the best from both in a 4K download is 1080 max from Amazon (Top Gun: Maverick only downloads at 1920 x 1040) . But overall, I am still only getting 720p from StreamFab for HBOMax, if it starts out at 720p, I am getting worst at 544p downloads.
              Amazon dont work in Hong Kong.
              Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post

Streamfab only did 4K from HBOMax. On HBOMax there were only selected titles that were 4K see -> https://help.hbomax.com/us/Answer/Detail/000001167

HBOMax changed their DRM back in March/April? and since that time, StreamFab hasn't been able to download better than 720p on HBOMax.
                What year, because its seems longer that only 720p on HBOMax and now no Netflix and a lot of other providers, This is just a 720p program.
                Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post

What year, because its seems longer that only 720p on HBOMax and now no Netflix and a lot of other providers, This is just a 720p program.
                  2022. It was earlier this year that HBOMax made a change and StreamFab hasn't over come it, so has been stuck with 720p. (I purchased the competitor's product on June 7 because theirs worked, and I couldn't wait any longer)

I'll admit I have not tried Netflix. I've been traveling for work, and haven't had my personal laptop with me.

Comment

Working...
                  X