No announcement yet.

StreamFab just crashed & deleted my entire DL queue & history for all services

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StreamFab just crashed & deleted my entire DL queue & history for all services

I have two Prime subscriptions that end in a matter of hours, and my queue is GONE. On Prime, Netflix, HBO - everything. I already had to rebuild it when the screwed-up, poorly tested 5.0.5.0 "upgrade" installed as a brand new installation and overwrote it, and this is just one &^*%up too many.

I tried to delete ONE item from the queue - SF crashed, and when I opened it up, guess what came up? A blank download task page and that damn popup exhorting me to buy more services that I already checked "do not display again" before.

Not a hope in hell, SF. Go ahead, have everyone take a week off AT THE SAME TIME and disable your Online Help service until they return - you aren't the only game in town.

Originally posted by artsunlimited View Post
    I have two Prime subscriptions that end in a matter of hours, and my queue is GONE. On Prime, Netflix, HBO - everything. I already had to rebuild it when the screwed-up, poorly tested 5.0.5.0 "upgrade" installed as a brand new installation and overwrote it, and this is just one &^*%up too many.

I tried to delete ONE item from the queue - SF crashed, and when I opened it up, guess what came up? A blank download task page and that damn popup exhorting me to buy more services that I already checked "do not display again" before.

Not a hope in hell, SF. Go ahead, have everyone take a week off AT THE SAME TIME and disable your Online Help service until they return - you aren't the only game in town.
    see post #2 - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...-download-task

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post
      Thanks SO much - I really appreciate this!

It just did it AGAIN, so my guess is that 5.0.5.0, which I upgraded from, was a lot more diastrous of an "upgrade" than I thought. As I mentioned, it actually acted like a new install (even to needing authorization) and also put the Output folder in a different spot. So even though there's actually data in that taskdata folder, I can't trust any files that an obviously corrupted install produced. I screenshot my queue a month or so ago so I'm going to remove StreamFab, clean install version 5.0.5.4 as I'm using it on another PC without issue (unlike screwed up 5.0.5.5. and 5.0.5.6), and try to build it up from there - and then copy that folder!

THIS is exactly why I don't trust any upgrade from SF not to have major issues - I only upgraded to 5.0.5.0. because Prime series menus were only recognizing one episode, and this was supposed to be the "fix" - and it borked the existing installation of SF but good.

WHY can't SF do basic testing before they roll out an upgrade? This was utterly preventable, and I learned the hard way that I just can't put any trust in the developers. It's gonna take me hours to recreate everything.
      Last edited by artsunlimited; 10-05-2022, 11:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X