Streamfab has become a waste of $$

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Streamfab has become a waste of $$

I've been a DVDFAB since December 2010 when I bought my first license key. I got the ALL IN ONE and since then have paid more here and there to add on other modules through the last 12 years. I picked up StreamFAB back in January of this year as I made my transition from having cable TV to streaming services.

When I first got SF it worked pretty good. Some streaming providers restricted to 720p while others you could get 1080p or even 4K. Downloading of subtitles worked well. If there was something I really just wanted in higher quality but could not get that via SF then I'd go back to the old torrent lookup (like others have noted as well).

But I feel there has been a steady decline through this year. More stuff only downloads in 720P (HBO) joining Disney+ and Hulu and there are other things where I can't get subtitles (Paramount+).

Every new version that comes out I get my hopes up that one of the fixes will be something I care about but it turns out it is just fixes or add-ons for other stuff. My main goto is Youtube, Disney+, Netflix, Paramount+, Hulu, and HBO. I don't care about Crackle, FOD, Funimation, Joyn, peacock, tubi, pluto, CW, etc and if you do that is great. I'm not against a broader support of more services but for me the most important services were what I see as the "main streaming services" and I have seen nothing but a steady decline in the ability to download content from those services with no real fixes. The "competitor" as some politely refer to seems to have fixes for many of these things but I'm not going to go out and spend another few hundred dollars on yet another program that also has shortcomings.

I'd like to see a solid focus on getting back quality downloads from the main providers in a minimum of 1080P with 5.1 / 7.1 / ATMOS quality sound and subtitles instead of all this branching out to support another 50 streaming services while abandoning fixing the main ones.

Since 2010 I have probably paid upwards of $700 in all the licensing and add-ons. Looking back, I should have stuck with torrents.

Originally posted by mobriskie View Post
    I've been a DVDFAB since December 2010 when I bought my first license key. I got the ALL IN ONE and since then have paid more here and there to add on other modules through the last 12 years. I picked up StreamFAB back in January of this year as I made my transition from having cable TV to streaming services.

When I first got SF it worked pretty good. Some streaming providers restricted to 720p while others you could get 1080p or even 4K. Downloading of subtitles worked well. If there was something I really just wanted in higher quality but could not get that via SF then I'd go back to the old torrent lookup (like others have noted as well).

But I feel there has been a steady decline through this year. More stuff only downloads in 720P (HBO) joining Disney+ and Hulu and there are other things where I can't get subtitles (Paramount+).

Every new version that comes out I get my hopes up that one of the fixes will be something I care about but it turns out it is just fixes or add-ons for other stuff. My main goto is Youtube, Disney+, Netflix, Paramount+, Hulu, and HBO. I don't care about Crackle, FOD, Funimation, Joyn, peacock, tubi, pluto, CW, etc and if you do that is great. I'm not against a broader support of more services but for me the most important services were what I see as the "main streaming services" and I have seen nothing but a steady decline in the ability to download content from those services with no real fixes. The "competitor" as some politely refer to seems to have fixes for many of these things but I'm not going to go out and spend another few hundred dollars on yet another program that also has shortcomings.

I'd like to see a solid focus on getting back quality downloads from the main providers in a minimum of 1080P with 5.1 / 7.1 / ATMOS quality sound and subtitles instead of all this branching out to support another 50 streaming services while abandoning fixing the main ones.

Since 2010 I have probably paid upwards of $700 in all the licensing and add-ons. Looking back, I should have stuck with torrents.
    100% agree, highly disappointed with the HBOmax service with the lack of 1080p with good audio quality downloads.

Comment

1. I feel there has been a steady decline through this year. More stuff only downloads in 720P (HBO) joining Disney+ and Hulu and there are other things where I can't get subtitles (Paramount+).

2. Every new version that comes out I get my hopes up that one of the fixes will be something I care about but it turns out it is just fixes or add-ons for other stuff.

3. My main goto is Youtube, Disney+, Netflix, Paramount+, Hulu, and HBO. I don't care about Crackle, FOD, Funimation, Joyn, peacock, tubi, pluto, CW, etc and if you do that is great. I'm not against a broader support of more services but for me the most important services were what I see as the "main streaming services" and I have seen nothing but a steady decline in the ability to download content from those services with no real fixes.

4. I'd like to see a solid focus on getting back quality downloads from the main providers in a minimum of 1080P with 5.1 / 7.1 / ATMOS quality sound and subtitles instead of all this branching out to support another 50 streaming services while abandoning fixing the main ones.

5. Since 2010 I have probably paid upwards of $700 in all the licensing and add-ons. Looking back, I should have stuck with torrents.
      (Above quotes numbered & edited for content for response by Mike)

1. Yeppers. Apple+ at 480 is also an issue for some, but it's not on my list of subscribed Streamers and I only signup periodically after some series or something I really like is on it.

Same with Hulu, not subscribed right now. I was frustrated by having to logon/logoff and make multiple attempts many times to get a good connection with StreamFab and something on Hulu.

2. And many time fixes for Streaming services, introduces new problems. They really need a good script and rounded test scenarios that look at things their programming might have touched. Maybe also a second programmer reviewing and signing off on work?

3. Don't know if you left Amazon Prime off the list purposely, but that would be at the top of my list.

4. Yes.

5. Same here, have StreamFab with every module right now and DVDFab with a lot of them.

I have 9! licenses due to past purchases & only have one machine to use them on.

Lately I feel like DVDFab/StreamFab should issue a chart of what Streaming services are being worked on and which have outstanding issues every time they do an update.

They also need to fix some basic stuff:

1. Having to install from offline version (as administrator?) because in-program upgrade is quirky.
      2. Uninstall from Windows not deleting stuff like logs/temp files and when testing versions/compatibilities we have to manually delete those.

I also have questions about what is being done with StreamFab.com vs DVDFab.cn since I recently ran into the issue of offline StreamFab installation from StreamFab.com installing in path StreamFab\StreamFab and causing some issues since DVDFab.com offline installs to DvdFab\StreamFab path.

Don't know what's going on with this divergent path.

But you can logon with your Account on either site (DvdFab.cn or StreamFab.com) for licensing/purchasing.

If you look at StreamFab.com it seems to be having a lot of activity, like it's guides, articles, VPN suggestions that I don't *think* are currently on DVDFab.cn

StreamFab.com guides
      https://streamfab.com/guide/?trackid...enu2,headmenu2

A Google search of VPN and StreamFab that I did in last few days also took me to a page on StreamFab.com

Top 10 Best Netflix VPN Software in 2022
      How to watch Netflix from anywhere? Netflix VPN can do you a favor, allowing you to watch its content. Learn more about it here.

Also don't have a good feeling about the 17 hours of downtime of StreamFab servers about 2 weeks ago and it hosing downloads for everything due to having to communicate for DRM/Licensing with StreamFab servers.

Would feel a lot better if it was included in my "lifetime" software on my computer if it could be done even if it takes a lot of work to encrypt/protect it by DvdFab/StreamFab.

Mike
      Last edited by Mike_M; 10-06-2022, 08:59 PM.

Comment

I did forget to mention Amazon Prime. I simply forgot as I was writing my post. I guess what I would like to see (beyond actual fixes) is at least what Mike mentions and that is an ongoing updated list pinned to this forum that outlines each of the issues and are they being worked and is there some timeframe. The lack of feedback with the exception of Mona giving the occasional mini-update is what is turning me off. The silence / lack of feedback.

If each SF user has at least paid on average ~ $350 USD / € 360 you would think it would at least warrant a running bug tracker.

Martin

Comment

Its got to the point where I don't like to update. I downloaded from Paramount + a while ago without a problem. Updated yesterday now every episode of Strange New Worlds downloads but messes up when you try and play it back. Apple at 480 is a joke and a waste of time.

Comment

Its absolute biggest handicap in my openion, is the serious lack in being able to download in 4K at both Disney+ and Amazon.
            Every Thursday and Friday i collect from my usual scene ripper source, episodes of Andor (Disney+) and LOTR: The Rings of Power (Amazon) in 4K.
            I had so many hopes of StreamFab to download movies and shows from those two places in 4K, but the software is mainly only a big disappointment.

Comment

Disney has never been above 720p and I believe that streamfab is not even trying to get it to work better.

who is the competition? I'm ready to change. Tired of being a beta tester.

Comment

Only scripts can get higher then 720 they have it browser blocked to 720 the competition is 720 so if you have your own keys and a script you can download higher then 720

Comment

Originally posted by girdnerg View Post
                  Disney has never been above 720p and I believe that streamfab is not even trying to get it to work better.

who is the competition? I'm ready to change. Tired of being a beta tester.
                  Disney and Hulu don't download for anyone, even the competition, above 720p - they never have AFAIK. But HBOMax is another story, and it's absurd that six months later StreamFab can't figure out how to get around a restriction that said competition cracked in a week.

Comment

SO THIS. I also bought in January, but it was because they were able to resolve the DRM shakeup while the competition was still in the weeds. I loved that I could get a video thumbnail so I could easily identify one from another, while the competition still considers that to be frivolous because all HBO downloads should look alike or some damn thing.

I loved the product until April, when it became clear that HBOMax was NOT anyone's priority and we should just be happy with 720p, regardless of the fact that the competition cracked that DRM restriction in less than a week. SIX MONTHS LATER StreamFab is still "working on it." That's beyond pathetic.

It's clear that StreamFab's agenda is NOT to maintain the major streaming services to the standard it was at when I bought it 9 months ago, but instead to chase new revenue by offering streaming on every secondary, tertiary or below that service they can find, then not maintain any of those services beyond the bare minimum once they've tapped those markets. The first sample download of 3 I tried with Channel 4 lost audio halfway through the video - so much for sampling what *that* service can do.

They're now like a restaurant with 300 dishes on the menu - busily trying to rope in everyone's dollar by offering everything, but because there's no focus, it simply won't be able to do any of them well.

Only a company that DGAF can miss a 17 hours-long server failure because it didn't occur during business hours, and THEN think it's a great idea to follow up that fiasco by having its entire staff take a week off - followed by a weekend off, of course.
                    At this point, the software is NOT worth what I paid for it as regards functionality, and I can only hope that new buyers start demanding refunds, because only a direct hit to the wallet will make anyone pay attention. While StreamFab may only offer a refund within 30 days, banks have a much more generous window in which buyers can demand to reverse the card charge.
                    Last edited by artsunlimited; 10-08-2022, 04:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by artsunlimited View Post

SO THIS. I also bought in January, but it was because they were able to resolve the DRM shakeup while the competition was still in the weeds. I loved that I could get a video thumbnail so I could easily identify one from another, while the competition still considers that to be frivolous because all HBO downloads should look alike or some damn thing.

I loved the product until April, when it became clear that HBOMax was NOT anyone's priority and we should just be happy with 720p, regardless of the fact that the competition cracked that DRM restriction in less than a week. SIX MONTHS LATER StreamFab is still "working on it." That's beyond pathetic.

It's clear that StreamFab's agenda is NOT to maintain the major streaming services to the standard it was at when I bought it 9 months ago, but instead to chase new revenue by offering streaming on every secondary, tertiary or below that service they can find, then not maintain any of those services beyond the bare minimum once they've tapped those markets. The first sample download of 3 I tried with Channel 4 lost audio halfway through the video - so much for sampling what *that* service can do.

They're now like a restaurant with 300 dishes on the menu - busily trying to rope in everyone's dollar by offering everything, but because there's no focus, it simply won't be able to do any of them well.

Only a company that DGAF can miss a 17 hours-long server failure because it didn't occur during business hours, and THEN think it's a great idea to follow up that fiasco by having its entire staff take a week off - followed by a weekend off, of course.
                      At this point, the software is NOT worth what I paid for it as regards functionality, and I can only hope that new buyers start demanding refunds, because only a direct hit to the wallet will make anyone pay attention. While StreamFab may only offer a refund within 30 days, banks have a much more generous window in which buyers can demand to reverse the card charge.
                      This is basically what I was trying to convey but you put it better….that rather than focusing on the main streaming services (Hulu, D+, Netflix, HBO, Amazon) they went after all the small potatoes to make their portfolio look great on the website sales pitches.

I love the GUI interface but there is really nothing left behind the curtain.

I’m almost 90% back to torrents.

As I stated before I have used DVDFab for 12 years and I’ve gotten my money’s worth out of that product but after digitizing my Blu-ray and dvd collection I really do not use it unless I happen to get a new movie on disc. I thought SF would be something I’d use for years as well but in less than a year it has become a discarded product.

Sad.

Comment

Stop crying or go with the free route that rhymes with warrant but begins with a T.

Comment

This is basically what I was trying to convey but you put it better….that rather than focusing on the main streaming services (Hulu, D+, Netflix, HBO, Amazon) they went after all the small potatoes to make their portfolio look great on the website sales pitches.

I love the GUI interface but there is really nothing left behind the curtain.

I’m almost 90% back to torrents.

As I stated before I have used DVDFab for 12 years and I’ve gotten my money’s worth out of that product but after digitizing my Blu-ray and dvd collection I really do not use it unless I happen to get a new movie on disc. I thought SF would be something I’d use for years as well but in less than a year it has become a discarded product.

Sad.
                          Thanks for the compliment, but I'm just riffing on your spot-on observations - you nailed it at the outset. In spite of the limitations I've mentioned, the competition takes their product seriously - when they've expanded to include another service, it's only when they can both do it well AND MAINTAIN IT. They don't overreach at the expense of the services they already support. It seems that StreamFab will have to learn the hard way that a grab for short money has already started to fail - and that greed will soon kill off what could have been a great long-term service.

I really expected that when StreamFab was up and functioning so soon after that massive DRM shakeup in December - and when I realized that they just couldn't be bothered to crack HBO's restrictions at the end of April because pushing a growing list of ersatz streaming services was now their priority, I was sorely disappointed.

Sad is exactly right - customer retention seems to be a concept they just don't - or can't - grasp.
                          Last edited by artsunlimited; 10-08-2022, 11:04 PM.

Comment

How true this thread is but this has been an issue with Fab products from day 1, they've always been last to get the fix. I have well over $1K in products and updates and it's very dissatisfying to now have almost all stream platforms either not working at all or extremely dysfunctional, HBO still crashes during DL's and you can't even get 720p downgrading from 1080p, you may get 544p SD quality instead, in some cases. PLUS on top of that you have Fab limiting you're usage of DL's in a given day, double-edge sword when you can't finish getting what you want because now the site has issues.

Now here is the good, at least they don't ban you when you verbalize your frustration, unlike what Slysoft did/does and Fab does do things well when they do get them working.

Fab, please slow you're expansion down and get what we do have working sometime very soon, please...

Thank you for letting us vent Fab.

Comment

Hi all,

Sorry for this to trouble you.

For the HBO Max 1080p problem, we are still working on it, than the other tools, we are working on a different solution, and it to be ending...

And if you have used the other tool (A*S) recently days, you will find that it already can not download 1080p video quality when downloading the new released videos from HBO Max and Netflix.

For the Apple TV 480p problem, I have to say that it's the DRM problem...

And we always work and make StreamFab work stable and give you the best downloading experience, fixing bug, improve the download speed, new features...

Thanks for your support and understand.

Wilson
                              Please post your logs the default location is:
                              For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                              For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                              Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                              If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X