Netflix Downloader complains about being logged in with mobile number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Netflix Downloader complains about being logged in with mobile number

Since I went to 5.0.5.7, I am unable to download from Netflix. Keep complaining that I am logged into Netflix with a mobile number when instead I entered my email and pass. I tried clearing the cache to see if it would help but it didn't Anyone else have this issue or know how to resolve it?

Update: VPN Issues.. Case closed..

Comment

Originally posted by ugman360 View Post
      Since I went to 5.0.5.7, I am unable to download from Netflix. Keep complaining that I am logged into Netflix with a mobile number when instead I entered my email and pass. I tried clearing the cache to see if it would help but it didn't Anyone else have this issue or know how to resolve it?
      Ugman360,

I got that error 10/19/22 (yesterday) with StreamFab 5.0.5.7 Netflix Module on the movie Blackout.

I did the following and was then able to download and did not get that message (see attached for paths)

1. Logged off Netflix in StreamFab 5.0.5.7
      2. Closed StreamFab application
      3. Log into Netflix in your browser, go to account and sign out all devices.
      4. Deleted StreamFab local data (#1 in see attached)
      5. Deleted StreamFab Log & Temp files (#2 in see attached)
      6. Deleted Temp Files (#3 in see attached) - You will get a message that some files could *not* be deleted from other open apps in Windows (this is ok) and it will delete any StreamFab temp files..
      7. Re-opened StreamFab 5.0.5.7
      8. Logged into Netflix with email/password
      9. Searched for name of movie in Netflix
      10. Clicked & downloaded ok..

This was the *first* time I recall ever getting this message on Netflix.

The above is probably overkill and don't know which step might have worked or even if it was just coincidence.

Did not power cycle equipment (modem, computer, etc...) or restart Windows.

If you get the message again, please zip the log files and attach to this topic you started for Mona or other moderator to have developer look at.

Hope this helps!

Mike

Win 10/64 Pro, Win 11/64Pro, No VPN, USA CST, StreamFab 5.0.5.7
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Mike_M; 10-20-2022, 10:30 AM.

Comment

You're using a VPN. Netflix doesn't like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
          You're using a VPN. Netflix doesn't like that.
          Hi Cats4U,

Fyi, I got that message yesterday and don't use a VPN.

Who knows?

It *may* just be a quirk or hitting oddly against Netflix making those changes in interfacing to offer copying history to another ID and cracking down of sharing of accounts.

Would be interesting to have a log file of event looked at by StreamFab.

I didn't create a logfile because the above or coincidence let me proceed after above steps.

Mike
          Last edited by Mike_M; 10-20-2022, 10:28 AM.

Comment

The OP asked if anyone else was having that problem so I did a Search on "Netflix phone number" here on the Forum and the general response back was it is caused by a VPN and so that's what I said. I've never actually had that error but a day doesn't go by that I don't read something in the news online about Netflix going after password sharers and region jumpers so I wasn't surprised that they would be going after a VPNer. At the time it all made sense. When I just now did a look back at the Search I saw an amazing thing that I didn't see before. This is not a Netflix error as I thought it was, it is a StreamFab error notice. StreamFab is seeing a mobile number not Netflix. So, a VPN shouldn't have anything to do with it necessarily. I just spent a lot of time going through the Help questions and answers on Netflix looking for any error related to using a mobile number. I couldn't find anything. So where is StreamFab coming up with imaginary mobile number and why?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_28101.png
Views:	531
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	416503

Comment

The OP asked if anyone else was having that problem so I did a Search on "Netflix phone number" here on the Forum and the general response back was it is caused by a VPN and so that's what I said. I've never actually had that error but a day doesn't go by that I don't read something in the news online about Netflix going after password sharers and region jumpers so I wasn't surprised that they would be going after a VPNer. At the time it all made sense. When I just now did a look back at the Search I saw an amazing thing that I didn't see before. This is not a Netflix error as I thought it was, it is a StreamFab error notice. StreamFab is seeing a mobile number not Netflix. So, a VPN shouldn't have anything to do with it necessarily. I just spent a lot of time going through the Help questions and answers on Netflix looking for any error related to using a mobile number. I couldn't find anything. So where is StreamFab coming up with imaginary mobile number and why?

Cats4U,

Good catch!

Whatever it was did prevent me from getting Blackout from Netflix and simply closing out StreamFab and trying again didn't work, so if it is something on StreamFab's side it *seemed* to require further clearing out such as completely logging out of Netflix in StreamFab and clearing of Temp/Cache and related StreamFab/Netflix files on my 'puter.

Mike

Comment

I ran into this same problem earlier last month and I *was* using a VPN, but I agree - this is definitely a SF problem where it's blocking itself. https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...less-analyzing.
                I reported it to the Online Help rep at the time and gave them a log, dunno if any progress is being made.

I was able to access my original US account in Canada in my browser using a VPN with no problem, so it wasn't Netflix that kept insisting that I was logged in with a mobile number. But I figured maybe to DL I still needed to set up a Canadian Netflix account, and while I was then able to log in with SF, downloading failed most of the time - endless analysis then failure to connect. And damn if I STILL didn't get the same mobile phone login error about 1 in 3 login attempts after I tried to reconnect by logging out/in after a failure.

Comment

Just wondering - do all of you (Mike, Arts, ugman) and everyone else that get this error, have numbers in the email address that you use for Netflix?

Comment

Just wondering - do all of you (Mike, Arts, ugman) and everyone else that get this error, have numbers in the email address that you use for Netflix?

Cats4U,

I don't have numbers in the address, but in I do in the password.

Only odd character in the address is the underscore symbol.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_M View Post

Cats4U,

Mike
                      I think that would probably qualify that as a No unless the others have underscores as well. I didn't really think numbers in the address would be the cause of the error but it was worth a shot anyway.

Comment

Cats4U,

Mike
                        your password should be at least eight (8) characters long
                        A combination of letters (upper and lower-case), numbers, and symbols

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

your password should be at least eight (8) characters long
                          A combination of letters (upper and lower-case), numbers, and symbols
                          October262,

My password has been setup like the above requirements from Netflix and has not been an issue logging on via browsers, TV, "competitor Software" or via StreamFab up until this point.

Cats4U seems to think that since it's focusing on the first field (Username/Mobile Number) since the nature of the popup/error message seems to be that and possibly due to some StreamFab error/filtering.

Mike

Comment

Cats4U,

Mike
                            Nope, number-free in my US account accessing Canadian Netflix with a VPN, which SF would initially tell me had the wrong email/password, so I couldn't log in - whereas Netflix via Chrome browser had no trouble logging me in, so again, not their error.

I tried logging in to my US account in SF without a VPN, no problem, then I'd close the window and connect to Toronto and open up Netflix. I'd get as far as SF displaying my US account avatar, but when I clicked on that, I'd get kicked out and get the mobile number error. That's when I tried with a Canadian account (also using a number-free email) and I'd still get the mobile phone error in between endless analyzing/failure attempts. Grrr.

Comment

That means 0 for 2 with the OP probably making it 0 for 3. Definitely this appears to be a priority problem that needs to be looked at ASAP.

Comment

Working...
                              X