StreamFab on Mac 5.0.5.6 DRM M3U8 Not removing Commercials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StreamFab on Mac 5.0.5.6 DRM M3U8 Not removing Commercials

I finally found a use for the M3U8 module (thought it was the MPD module), but am having an issue with commercial detection/removal. The files download correctly, but all ads are still present. I can run the file through comskip and get an edl of all commercials correctly. Any suggestions on how to resolve that?

My wife just told me about last weeks' episode of The Resident that I got from FoxNow using the Window's StreamFab 5.0.5.7. It supposedly had all the commercials in it as well. I don't remember whether I used the M3U8 or MPD module. I got it from FoxNow rather than Hulu because it was released earlier there and was in 1080p. My wife just told me about it just a little while ago so I haven't had a chance to check it out yet. More later, perhaps with a log file.

Comment

Ok, a follow-up to my last message above. I just downloaded The Resident from FoxNow as before with 5.0.5.7 (using DRM M3U8). All the commercials were properly removed. I don't doubt what my wife saw but I have no way to prove it as she deleted the original download after watching it. I'll keep an eye out in future weeks when I download additional episodes.

Comment

My wife told me about one of the Hallmark Christmas movies I got. She said it had the commercials. I checked and sure enough it does. I have 3 like it. Comskip finds them easily, but wanted to bring it up here. I’m on mac so maybe I I’ll try again after the next update. Thanks for the info.

Comment

I used to use Comskip when I was using Windows Media Center (Win7) as a PVR to gather all my shows off of cable TV using HDHomerun Prime tuners. Every channel used a different trick to try and confuse Comskip to not work right. I often wound up with some commercials still in place or parts of the show missing. I was readjusting the config file constantly. I finally gave up on it. But doing streaming files should be a piece of cake. There is always a distinct blackout prior to a commercial which should make it easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Dula87 View Post
            My wife told me about one of the Hallmark Christmas movies I got. She said it had the commercials. I checked and sure enough it does. I have 3 like it. Comskip finds them easily, but wanted to bring it up here. I’m on mac so maybe I I’ll try again after the next update. Thanks for the info.
            We will see if we could duplicate the commercial problem with Hallmark Christmas movies.
            It'd be better if you could provide a log file though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

We will see if we could duplicate the commercial problem with Hallmark Christmas movies.
              It'd be better if you could provide a log file though.
              Attached Thanks!
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Dula87 View Post

Attached Thanks!
                are the christmas movies available for free ?? your issue might be related to this post #7 - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...n-the-download

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

are the christmas movies available for free ?? your issue might be related to this post #7 - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...n-the-download
                  Probably not related. Since I don't have access to read StreamFab.log files yet I don't know for sure. Mona, please try again to get that straightened out, thanks. When I get anything from Hallmark I get it from https://www.watchhallmarktv.com/ The movies and show episodes are usually available for free for a short amount of time after airing.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

Probably not related. Since I don't have access to read StreamFab.log files yet I don't know for sure. Mona, please try again to get that straightened out, thanks. When I get anything from Hallmark I get it from https://www.watchhallmarktv.com/ The movies and show episodes are usually available for free for a short amount of time after airing.
                    Agreed. Probably not related, but could be... I use my Philo login to access the movies.

Comment

Working...
                    X