Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

StreamFab v6.0.0.x: Amazon Download Limit Changed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StreamFab v6.0.0.x: Amazon Download Limit Changed?

StreamFab v6.0.0.1 on Windows 10 PC: Downloading from Amazon Prime USA with a US account
    StreamFab v6.0.0.3 on Windows 10 PC: Downloading from Amazon Prime Canada with a different Canadian account

Both of them stopped after 26 episodes, saying Daily limit was reached.

Was the limit changed??? If so, why?
    How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post
    StreamFab v6.0.0.1 on Windows 10 PC: Downloading from Amazon Prime USA with a US account
    StreamFab v6.0.0.3 on Windows 10 PC: Downloading from Amazon Prime Canada with a different Canadian account

see this here - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...n-on-downloads

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post
      Ya i know this. It says 50. Not 26.

Comment

It's been a while since I downloaded more than about 10 per service per day. So I don't know if they changed it. But....

Were both instances of StreamFab using the same FAB account/login? If so that is likely why.

The limit was 50 per streaming service per FAB account. I don't know what time of day that resets exactly.

I thought about this over the past few months as I saw repeated questions. A thread this week, convinced me to sit and type this up. Hopefully some find it helpful. Mona Wilson.Wang signals wangtao Mod's, feel free to remove this if you don't feel its appropriate. You are also welcome to edit, correct, change, revise,

And my understanding is that using different Amazon Prime accounts won't make a difference if both use the same StreamFab Amazon downloader module.

Comment

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post
          It's been a while since I downloaded more than about 10 per service per day. So I don't know if they changed it. But....

Were both instances of StreamFab using the same FAB account/login? If so that is likely why.

The limit was 50 per streaming service per FAB account. I don't know what time of day that resets exactly.

I thought about this over the past few months as I saw repeated questions. A thread this week, convinced me to sit and type this up. Hopefully some find it helpful. Mona Wilson.Wang signals wangtao Mod's, feel free to remove this if you don't feel its appropriate. You are also welcome to edit, correct, change, revise,

And my understanding is that using different Amazon Prime accounts won't make a difference if both use the same StreamFab Amazon downloader module.

Well that is annoying... When i first got StreamFab 5.x.x.x, i was downloading 100 per day before it complained.

I was always wondering WTF was going on but i wasn't complaining.

Obviously noone in their right mind is gonna fork over a full extra lifetime license when you can just add extra computer licenses for waaaaayyyy less.

The fact is it should work on a per streaming account and not per StreamFab account. It's really not suspicious if one is Amazon Canada with a Canadian account and Canadian IP while the other one is Amazon US with a US account and a US IP...

Thanks for the hint KidJoe. Much appreciated.

Would be nice to know exactly at what time it resets so i can schedule it to start the queue at exactly that time.

Comment

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post

I asked numerous times before Online Help stopped being maintained and was told each time that it resets at midnight my time - my major concern was since there's no counter to keep track of remaining downloads available, I was afraid that if I did hit quota, the software might not reset. In spite of being assured that it would roll over and reset "at midnight", I've only run my downloads up to 48 or 49 each for Amazon and HBO within that 12am-11:59pm time frame - but I've also done it several days in a row. I never hit that 50 limit due to that fear - until today.

Since 12:01 EST, I've downloaded 26 Prime videos on 1 laptop, and only 6 on another - and now it says I've reached my limit! I have no idea what OK (12) means.

So just when the heck does "tomorrow" start, StreamFab? Because either way you count it, I'm being cheated of my quota, since I did NOT download 50 Prime selections from 1:55 PM EST yesterday until 1:55 PM today (time of last download). (From 2PM Nov 22-23 the count would be 10 on one laptop, and 37 on another - so no matter when "tomorrow" starts, there's no way I can still be at maximum download limit in a 24 hour time frame at 3:16 PM today.)

Given the looming DRM change on Dec 6, this is really a kick in the teeth. Since SF has resisted installing a daily counter to track remaining downloads left, someone needs to go on the record here and answer what's a really basic question - WHEN DOES THE DOWNLOAD COUNTER RESET?

I do NOT have a problem with limited downloads of 50 - I DO have a problem with being told that quota runs from midnight to midnight my time and then finding out that wasn't true, because at this point it sure looks like this software is now throttling back on that count.

Mona - what gives here?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2022-11-23 14.21.52..jpg Views:	0 Size:	33.4 KB ID:	418065
            Last edited by artsunlimited; 11-23-2022, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by artsunlimited View Post

Since 12:01 EST, I've downloaded 26 Prime videos on 1 laptop, and only 6 on another - and now it says I've reached my limit! I have no idea what OK (12) means.
              That is just a countdown timer that says how many seconds before that pop-up will be automatically cleared. It was introduced because people would queue stuff over multiple services but once one service reached the max, you had to click ok for it to move to other services.

So just when the heck does "tomorrow" start, StreamFab? Because either way you count it, I'm being cheated of my quota, since I did NOT download 50 Prime selections from 1:55 PM EST yesterday until 1:55 PM today (time of last download). (From 2PM Nov 22-23 the count would be 10 on one laptop, and 37 on another - so no matter when "tomorrow" starts, there's no way I can still be at maximum download limit in a 24 hour time frame at 3:16 PM today.)
              Back when i was doing 100 at a time, i would start the queue in the late afternoon and would start the next 100 around the same time the next day and it would work. I am convinced something changed in version 6. Why would it tell me i reached my limit at 26 and then i can start another 26 on an other machine??? I guess i will install an old 5.x version on a 4th computer to see if i am right...

Given the looming DRM change on Dec 6, this is really a kick in the teeth. Since SF has resisted installing a daily counter to track remaining downloads left, someone needs to go on the record here and answer what's a really basic question - WHEN DOES THE DOWNLOAD COUNTER RESET?
              That is exactly why i started downloading a bunch of stuff i had been putting off. That and the fact that a ton of Amazon Prime Channels are on special for Black Friday.

I do NOT have a problem with limited downloads of 50 - I DO have a problem with being told that quota runs from midnight to midnight my time and then finding out that wasn't true, because at this point it sure looks like this software is now throttling back on that count.

Mona - what gives here?
              Yeah Mona, what gives?

Comment

That is just a countdown timer that says how many seconds before that pop-up will be automatically cleared. It was introduced because people would queue stuff over multiple services but once one service reached the max, you had to click ok for it to move to other services.
                Thanks - I just saw it count down on my other laptop when checked to see if it was "tomorrow" yet. I only noticed it in the screenshot - I should've realized it was a countdown, but I'm so damned PO'd right now that I'm not in the mood to look for rational explanations, since there seems to not be a heckuva lot of those regarding this product.

I am convinced something changed in version 6.
                I have a horrible feeling this thing can't count for toffee now. My main fear is that it won't reset.
                Last edited by artsunlimited; 11-23-2022, 10:06 PM.

Comment

While I'm not a super fan of the download limit, limiting your downloads does help you fly under the streaming services' radar should the ever decide to audit anything at some point.I rarely download more than 10 from any service within a 24 hour period.. but that's my own choice, and not everyone is as cautious.

Comment

I just started being capped at 21 downloads for Amazon Prime. I'm on 6.0.0.2 with a Prime USA account, no VPN. What's up Mona ?

Comment

Originally posted by bwnautilus View Post
                      I just started being capped at 21 downloads for Amazon Prime. I'm on 6.0.0.2 with a Prime USA account, no VPN. What's up Mona ?
                      Mona And while we're at it, why has Online Help chat been disabled? The deciding reason I bought this software - and let's face it, it's not cheap - was because of the ability to communicate directly with a rep for help. It was a really efficient source of assistance more times than I can count, and made me feel like I had a safety net - and now the chat button has been removed.

Sorry, but submitting an email is NOT "Sound and Solve Your Issues Immediately Online" - that assurance is just a mockery at this point, and I don't like feeling that I was a huge chump for buying this product.

If it were live, I could at least bring the download quota issue to someone's attention about 15 minutes from now, instead of having to wait for hours (or even days?), until you or someone else answers these posts. Given the DRM change on Dec 6th, SF throwing out a capricious and unreliable download quota at this point is the worst development possible.
                      Last edited by artsunlimited; 11-24-2022, 03:49 AM.

Comment

​​Unfortunately, I'm with you guys as well... My downloads were just sliced in half again as well. At first I thought it was the 6x version since it happened on that computer first. I can vouch it's not just on 6x. I have streamfab installed on 4 machines and the 3 others are still all running 5.0.5.3. The download limit is hitting max on every single one of them. I can also vouch it started about 48 hours ago from writing this. I was adding videos to my queue when I noticed that a popup on 6x said I reached my download limit. I knew I was only half way there. Then a couple minutes later one of the other computers running 5x popped up the limit too.

This has to be something they changed on their side. At first I thought it was my account. Although it's refreshing to know it's not just me, I also agree that this is not right that they decreased our downloads to half of the limit they put in place prior to this. I find it ridiculous that our limit here has been cut again, while the main competitor has just doubled our download limit over there. Hmm, coincidence (or not perhaps). I've been using the competitor a lot over the last 48 hours because of this nonsense. I was preparing for the black friday deals on Amazon as well, only to find out there's another cap put in place here. Ugh, what the heck is streamfab doing? ​​​​​

Comment

Well a whole business day has come and gone over in China and not a peep from any of the SF staff. And I know for a fact they don't celebrate Thanksgiving over there - it's just a normal day for them. This is not a good sign.

Comment

Originally posted by bwnautilus View Post
                            Well a whole business day has come and gone over in China and not a peep from any of the SF staff. And I know for a fact they don't celebrate Thanksgiving over there - it's just a normal day for them. This is not a good sign.
                            Yeah, we're into the second day of this nonsense and the silence speaks volumes. Why they think hiding until the weekend comes means this cutback will be any more acceptable come Monday is beyond me.

Mona Wilson.Wang - can we PLEASE have an answer from someone as to why the download quota has been reduced?
                            Last edited by artsunlimited; 11-24-2022, 04:28 PM.

Comment

The download quota is 50 per service per day.
                              Please wait for the coming version and then try again, it will indicate the number of downloads.

If there is a problem, please feedback again, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X