6.0.0.4 Won't work with Hulu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6.0.0.4 Won't work with Hulu

No now, in addition to not working with ESPN+, DRM M3U8, or DRM MPD, Hulu isn't working at all. It just sits there saying Analyzing forever. I spent way too much money on this program to have it not work on the sites that I want to download from. Please FIX THIS.

And before you ask for a link, I tried about 10 shows on Hulu, so pick one, because none of them worked.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-11-29 2.27.45 PM.png
Views:	335
Size:	186.2 KB
ID:	418332

Ok, I didn't pick one. I picked 10. 8 episodes of 4 shows and 2 movies. No problem.
    So tell us what you have done to fix YOUR problem? Have you deleted your SF Temp directory and then uninstalled and then installed the offline installer version of StreamFab for starters?

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-11-29 2.27.45 PM.png
Views:	335
Size:	186.2 KB
ID:	418332

Ok, I didn't pick one. I picked 10. 8 episodes of 4 shows and 2 movies. No problem.
      So tell us what you have done to fix YOUR problem? Have you deleted your SF Temp directory and then uninstalled and then installed the offline installer version of StreamFab for starters?

I've had no problems with Hulu for the last week, other than it's usually quirkiness using StreamFab.

Whenever I have issues, I clear the temp and cache files and make sure I login to Hulu Account settings and "log off all devices".

I also install the current offline version of StreamFab at Dvdfab.cn
      In DVDFab download center, you can find and download free full range of products including DVDFab 13, StreamFab, MusicFab, Passkey, UniFab, etc.

You might also want to create a directory and save some older versions just in case you need to rollback, unless you've paid to get archived versions from DvdFab.cn

If you do an update from within StreamFab, it's not reliable.

If I still have issues, I uninstall from Add/Remove programs also, then do the above.

Hulu using StreamFab has historically been quirky for me with it's "handshaking" and sometimes I have to close out Hulu under StreamFab, clear the history under the first tab and immediately try again, the same movies and they then work.

Sometimes I even have to close out StreamFab entirely, kill the QCEF process (if it's running), relaunch StreamFab & try again.

I've documented this and provided logs in this forum but never got any response.

Hulu also has the added issue of serving "future shows" into StreamFab that are not really available for download.

In order for people to help more, you should list general geographic region, at least a few shows, whether your using a Vpn, platform (Mac/Win?), version of StreamFab your using and if you've troubleshooted by doing some of the above and attach the log files if you're still having an issue.

Some of us would help further, but for some reason we can't view log files people post and Mona tried to address this, but I guess it just this quirky Forum software.

A "normal" user probably wouldn't be aware of these things and quirks of StreamFab.

One that bugs me now is Peacock is a jealous ****** and has to have it's window active in StreamFab or it'll log off for me and error out files.

Mike

US - CST, No Vpn, Win10/64 Pro, Win11/64 Pro, StreamFab 6.0.0.4

Comment

Originally posted by atrdriver View Post
        No now, in addition to not working with ESPN+, DRM M3U8, or DRM MPD, Hulu isn't working at all. It just sits there saying Analyzing forever. I spent way too much money on this program to have it not work on the sites that I want to download from. Please FIX THIS.

And before you ask for a link, I tried about 10 shows on Hulu, so pick one, because none of them worked.
        atrdriver,

Hey,

You cursed me!

Just had Hulu do this to me when trying to download The Covenant.

Kept analyzing.

This is what I did to get it to work.

Closed Hulu Tab in StreamFab (didn't log off).

Closed all other tabs in StreamFab for other providers (without logging off).

On first tab, cleared all History.

Closed StreamFab.

Deleted StreamFab directory/files in the following paths.

1. Deleted all directories/files under the following path Appdata\roaming\DvdFab\StreamFab\localdata\

2. Deleted only Log directory under Pc\Documents\DVDFab\Streamfab\

3. Deleted all files in the path Users\Your Pc Name\Appdata\Local\Temp\ (some can not be deleted if their programs are open)

Re-launched StreamFab, logged into Hulu, it didn't keep "Analyzing" for The Covenant and downloaded it.

Like I said, I submitted logs previously here when this occurred in past and never heard back from moderator/StreamFab.

Hope this helps,

Mike

US - CST, No Vpn, Win10/64 Pro, Win11/64 Pro, StreamFab 6.0.0.4
        Last edited by Mike_M; 11-29-2022, 11:54 PM.

Comment

Thanks MIke, I will give it a shot. Hulu would be nice to get working again, but then again so would ESPN+ and the others I can't get to work. At least on another thread someone explained that the DRM was changed and that it happens every 6 months or so. Seeing an explanation was certainly a help, instead of hearing "we're working on it". For the newer users it helps a LOT when an actual explanation is offered.

Comment

Originally posted by atrdriver View Post
            Thanks MIke, I will give it a shot. Hulu would be nice to get working again, but then again so would ESPN+ and the others I can't get to work. At least on another thread someone explained that the DRM was changed and that it happens every 6 months or so. Seeing an explanation was certainly a help, instead of hearing "we're working on it". For the newer users it helps a LOT when an actual explanation is offered.
            Just because someone has written something here saying the DRM has changed doesn't mean it is true. In fact, as I write this now, it is absolutely not true for Hulu and I have not seen any definite evidence proving it is true for ESPN+. I do not presently subscribe to ESPN+ and so I have no way of testing it. With the problem either being a DRM change or not, the correct answer would be "we're working on it". Would you prefer that they said that they aren't going to work on it? As far as newer users needing an actual explanation, how are they to give an explanation when you haven't even provided them with any Information to work with, including your StreamFab.log or a specific video file to check. And I might add, when I see a semi-demanding comment like below that uses CAPS and implies you aren't getting your dollar's worth, I lose all interest in helping that person or giving explanations. Despite that, I took the time to download 10 videos to show you in message # 2 that there is nothing wrong with Hulu.

I spent way too much money on this program to have it not work on the sites that I want to download from. Please FIX THIS.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

Just because someone has written something here saying the DRM has changed doesn't mean it is true. In fact, as I write this now, it is absolutely not true for Hulu and I have not seen any definite evidence proving it is true for ESPN+. I do not presently subscribe to ESPN+ and so I have no way of testing it. With the problem either being a DRM change or not, the correct answer would be "we're working on it". Would you prefer that they said that they aren't going to work on it? As far as newer users needing an actual explanation, how are they to give an explanation when you haven't even provided them with any Information to work with, including your StreamFab.log or a specific video file to check. And I might add, when I see a semi-demanding comment like below that uses CAPS and implies you aren't getting your dollar's worth, I lose all interest in helping that person or giving explanations. Despite that, I took the time to download 10 videos to show you in message # 2 that there is nothing wrong with Hulu.
              I have started tickets with my logs and links, and on several of my posts I have in fact provided logs and links. And I can promise you that ESPN+ is not working, and has not been working for the past 2 weeks. Yes I got HULU to work, but there are several other places that don't. And my post praising whoever actually provided an explanation on why sometimes the program quits working still stands. Fact is I spent about $350 on this program, and the advertising for it never mentioned that it would stop working every so often until they figured out new DRM. And since I never saw any explanation I got madder and madder when I couldn't download something that was supposed to work. Now that I know what is going on I will be patient and not start a new thread every time something doesn't work. And I'm pretty sure that other new users were in the same boat as me. Either way I appreciate your assistance.

Comment

Working...
              X