Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[v6.0.0.8] Video quality is NOT almost identical anymore!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[v6.0.0.8] Video quality is NOT almost identical anymore!

A Few Weeks ago (maybe with the v6.0.0.5) i've downloaded the Netflix series Paradise PD. Season 3 bitrate is 502-737 kbps and the Quality is great!
    Now I've downloaded Season 4 with v6.0.0.8 and the result is really bad. Season 4 bitrate is 443-656 kbps. I don't think it's because of the minimally lower overall bit rate (within the season).​

The Episodes have visible pixels and a quick change to new scenes are associated with real "grafical artefacts".

Here are a few pictures for comparison.​

SEASON 3 (ALL GOOD)

Click image for larger version  Name:	vlcsnap-2022-12-20-13h49m09s176.png Views:	5 Size:	217.3 KB ID:	419490

Click image for larger version  Name:	vlcsnap-2022-12-20-13h49m23s962.png Views:	5 Size:	294.3 KB ID:	419491

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SEASON 4 (BAD)

Click image for larger version  Name:	vlcsnap-2022-12-20-13h47m00s326.png Views:	5 Size:	330.9 KB ID:	419492

Click image for larger version  Name:	vlcsnap-2022-12-20-13h48m40s496.png Views:	5 Size:	323.6 KB ID:	419493

Will the quality improve again in the future?​

Kind Regards!
    Last edited by GrasshopperFK; 12-20-2022, 01:00 PM.

Full Resolution Pictures...

Season 3

Season 4

Comment

yes, the devs thought it was a good idea to get around the ability to download 1080p by downloading SD and just upscaling it to 1080p. You can't expect similar quality from that and it just paint the software in a bad light for suggesting the quality is even close. I hope they get this fixed but the last few months of support doesn't make me expect much. I do worry they put too much effort in pumping out "modules" to make money and have not considered the level of work it is to support all these sites.

Comment

Keep in mind that do to Widevine DRM changes implemented by Google and the streaming services, Fab has implemented some temporary work arounds while they are coming up with a more permanent solution.

See the release notes to 6.0.0.7 https://www.dvdfab.cn/downloader-new...page,headmenu2
        6.0.0.7 2022-12-11​
        Fix: Due to the upgraded DRM schemes applied on Dec. 10, timely fixes were made in this new version, however, we still need some time to correct all the other problems.
        Here below is the current status of the streaming services:
        - For Amazon, most of Prime videos can still be downloaded in 1080p with EAC3 5.1 audio track, however, the newly-released ones will be downloaded in 480p with AAC 2.0 audio for now.
        - For other services, most of videos can be downloaded as usual, only the newly-released ones will switch to the new re-encoding mode. (The audio quality is down to AAC in this mode, and the download speed will also be slightly affected but the video quality remains almost close to the original.)​
        Unfortunately they did NOT make a public announcement and only mentioned this in the release notes.

They did the same thing (use this re-encoding method) due to DRM changes in the past, but when they had their fix to bypass the new DRM they removed re-encoding. As for how long it could take, Mona posted in another thread they hop to have a fix by the end of December, potentially sooner.

Comment

Looks like a screen recording, not close to what it was. I can wait for a fix.
          Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
            Looks like a screen recording, not close to what it was. I can wait for a fix.
            Easier to get this:

Filename......: Paradise.PD.S04E01.mkv (edited to not include full name)
            FileSize......: 451 MiB
            Duration......: 24 min 42 s
            Video.........: Main@L4 | 1920x1080 @ 1 907 kb/s
            Audio.........: English Dolby Digital Plus | 6 CH @ 640 kb/s​

Comment

The Episodes have visible pixels and a quick change to new scenes are associated with real "grafical artefacts".
              They're friggin' cartoons. Who the hell cares if they have a stray pixels here or there. If you want a Mona Lisa, go to the Louvre. Geez!

Comment

Please, think before you give up your two cents. Precisely because the images here should be clear, without graphic artefacts, the example is better than any Hollywood film. Apart from that, the pictures from Season 3 clearly show the difference.​ Or do you think it looks better with Hollywood films, for example? When beautiful dark spots turn into bright spots thanks to some explosions?! The problem here isn't the example either, it's the reencode, which gets damn bad results due to the new Widevine DRM level.​
                Last edited by GrasshopperFK; 12-21-2022, 01:06 AM.

Comment

Oh, I did think before I gave my two cents. You're lucky you didn't get to read what I originally wrote. How old are you? 8 years old? I gave up cartoons when I was 11. Grow up, if you are older than that.
                  With regards to a re-encode of a Hollywood film, of course a re-encode will never look as good as an original print or an original digital master. That's because you have something to compare it to, real life. Cartoons are just lines on celluloid or an animation software screen. They will never need to, or be able to, reach the quality of a Hollywood film.
                  And by the way, I don't see any difference in quality between the photos you posted for Season 3 or Season 4.

Comment

Originally posted by GrasshopperFK View Post
                    A Few Weeks ago (maybe with the v6.0.0.5) i've downloaded the Netflix series Paradise PD. Season 3 bitrate is 502-737 kbps and the Quality is great!
                    Now I've downloaded Season 4 with v6.0.0.8 and the result is really bad. Season 4 bitrate is 443-656 kbps. I don't think it's because of the minimally lower overall bit rate (within the season).​

Here are a few pictures for comparison.​

SEASON 3 (ALL GOOD)

Click image for larger version Name:	vlcsnap-2022-12-20-13h49m09s176.png Views:	5 Size:	217.3 KB ID:	419490

Click image for larger version Name:	vlcsnap-2022-12-20-13h49m23s962.png Views:	5 Size:	294.3 KB ID:	419491

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SEASON 4 (BAD)

Click image for larger version Name:	vlcsnap-2022-12-20-13h47m00s326.png Views:	5 Size:	330.9 KB ID:	419492

Click image for larger version Name:	vlcsnap-2022-12-20-13h48m40s496.png Views:	5 Size:	323.6 KB ID:	419493

Will the quality improve again in the future?​

Kind Regards!
                    We will release a new version soon which is expected to restore the quality that is available before the DRM update. Please kindly wait and then give it a try.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
                      Oh, I did think before I gave my two cents. You're lucky you didn't get to read what I originally wrote. How old are you? 8 years old? I gave up cartoons when I was 11. Grow up, if you are older than that.
                      With regards to a re-encode of a Hollywood film, of course a re-encode will never look as good as an original print or an original digital master. That's because you have something to compare it to, real life. Cartoons are just lines on celluloid or an animation software screen. They will never need to, or be able to, reach the quality of a Hollywood film.
                      And by the way, I don't see any difference in quality between the photos you posted for Season 3 or Season 4.
                      Do you normally let 11-year-olds watch adult cartoons?

Comment

@Mona Seems to be working great again, thanks!​

Originally posted by LycanHD
                        Do you normally let 11-year-olds watch adult cartoons?
                        Please just let him talk and have his opinion on "cartoons"...
                        He also seems to have poor vision, which is why he already disqualifies himself for a constructive contribution to this topic.​

Originally posted by Cast4U
                        I don't see any difference in quality between the photos you posted for Season 3 or Season 4.
                        Last edited by GrasshopperFK; 12-23-2022, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X