Re-encode NF, WHY?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re-encode NF, WHY?

Trying to download The Witcher Origin Story and it says Streamfab will re-encode.
    WHY?

If I had to guess with such little information provided, I'd have to say it's because you aren't using the latest version of StreamFab, 6.1.0.0.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
      If I had to guess with such little information provided, I'd have to say it's because you aren't using the latest version of StreamFab, 6.1.0.0.
      https://www.dvdfab.cn/mlink/download...=StreamFab_x64
      I don't use 6100 because it doesn't work on P+, I still use 6007. It offers 1080p for the show in question so the recode question still lingers. Why does it want to recode when the 1080p stream is exactly what I want?

Comment

Are you getting the re-encode message with 6007? If so, probably because there was a recent DRM change and the highest quality is probably 480p/540p. DVDFab Forum - Two Week Warning

Comment

Originally posted by MrKrawk View Post

I don't use 6100 because it doesn't work on P+, I still use 6007. It offers 1080p for the show in question so the recode question still lingers. Why does it want to recode when the 1080p stream is exactly what I want?
          You really need to start reading other message threads here. At this point, this is very old news why SF had to turn to temporarily re-encoding SD video up to HD. By switching back to 6.0.0.7 you have gone back to using the temporary re-encoding technique. 6.1.0.0 downloads Netflix without re-encoding.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

You really need to start reading other message threads here. At this point, this is very old news why SF had to turn to temporarily re-encoding SD video up to HD. By switching back to 6.0.0.7 you have gone back to using the temporary re-encoding technique. 6.1.0.0 downloads Netflix without re-encoding.
            So at this point I need to wait or use the other program. P+ is more important to me at the moment and I get absolutely nowhere with 6100. Why is it showing a 1080 option if that's not available? That's a silly change to the program.

Comment

Working...
            X