HBO Max only downloading in 720

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HBO Max only downloading in 720

Is this going to be fixed anytime soon? I have no desire to get 720 when 1080 or 4k is available. This is getting old.

Originally posted by RavynArcadia View Post
    Is this going to be fixed anytime soon? I have no desire to get 720 when 1080 or 4k is available. This is getting old.
    see this thread - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...max-resolution
    i believe it varies by content

Comment

They want you to download in 720p so then you will buy https://www.dvdfab.cn/unifab.htm to then upscale it to 1080p. Unifab is another $99.99 on top of whatever Streamfab modules you have purchased. Mo' Money!

Comment

Originally posted by mobriskie View Post
        They want you to download in 720p so then you will buy https://www.dvdfab.cn/unifab.htm to then upscale it to 1080p. Unifab is another $99.99 on top of whatever Streamfab modules you have purchased. Mo' Money!
        Hi Mobriskie,

Not sure, since I'm using competitor for HBO Max direct website for >720p, but I *think* if you subscribe thru Amazon Prime with the HBO Channel you can get 1080p with StreamFab.

But DVDFab/StreamFab *should* fix HBO Max direct website to be greater than 720p - it's been *much* too long with this issue and they shouldn't just abandon the effort because you can get it via a Channel subscription with 1080p on Amazon.

Especially since we don't know what's gonna happen with HBO Max/Discovery+ merger and if you'll only get a combo/price (HBO Max and Discovery Content) or all content via the HBO Max direct website and not as a channel on Amazon Prime.

I have HBO Max direct website account due to it being discounted to 1/2 price for 2 more months.

I don't plan on trying UniFab.

I purchased DVDFab Enlarger & Smoother Lifetime versions and found the runtime and lack of settings not good.

Also very wary of conversions in downloading and effect of runtime and support on any issues given how it seems they're stretched to even get their current streaming modules all working for downloads.

Mike

US - CST, No VPN, Win10/64 Pro & Win11/64Pro
        Current version StreamFab Lifetime, Current version Competitor Lifetime, Topaz AI Enhancement/Upscaling

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_M View Post

Hi Mobriskie,

Not sure, since I'm using competitor for HBO Max direct website for >720p, but I *think* if you subscribe thru Amazon Prime with the HBO Channel you can get 1080p with StreamFab.

But DVDFab/StreamFab *should* fix HBO Max direct website to be greater than 720p - it's been *much* too long with this issue and they shouldn't just abandon the effort because you can get it via a Channel subscription with 1080p on Amazon.

Especially since we don't know what's gonna happen with HBO Max/Discovery+ merger and if you'll only get a combo/price (HBO Max and Discovery Content) or all content via the HBO Max direct website and not as a channel on Amazon Prime.

I have HBO Max direct website account due to it being discounted to 1/2 price for 2 more months.

I don't plan on trying UniFab.

I purchased DVDFab Enlarger & Smoother Lifetime versions and found the runtime and lack of settings not good.

Also very wary of conversions in downloading and effect of runtime and support on any issues given how it seems they're stretched to even get their current streaming modules all working for downloads.

Mike

US - CST, No VPN, Win10/64 Pro & Win11/64Pro
          Current version StreamFab Lifetime, Current version Competitor Lifetime, Topaz AI Enhancement/Upscaling
          Yeah the problem with subscribing via Amazon is that I already get HBO free since I have AT&T Fiber internet. Free HBO Max is a perk of my Internet bundle so if I was to subscribe to HBO via Amazon I would then be paying for something I already get for free....well....it's not free....I'm sure AT&T has a cost buried in there in the Fiber pricing.

Comment

Working...
          X