Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looney Tunes Videos - HBO Max, Amazon, Boomerang, Library

Hiya,

Thought I'd post this for anybody interested - please ignore this post if not.

Looney Tunes cartoons have turned out to be a *major* project, but I've got it under control.

1. I have good sources of all HBO Max deleted videos in seasons 16-31 and am over 1/2 the way thru enhancing and upscaling them, should take me less than 5 days more.

2. Between HBO Max, Amazon and other lists I have some duplicates on Season & Episode numbers with different underlying videos - probably ~ 25. In order not to drive myself more crazy, I'm just going to leave both of them in place since they exist on different lists.

3. From Boomerang (website direct) and Boomerang via channel on HBO Max, I have about 36 "extra" Looney Tunes Episodes that I can not place in Season/Episode #. I realize that the HBO Max list (as it existed prior to recent season deletion) is *not* the complete list as it existed over time and does not reflect the full release of Looney Tunes cartoons over time. Just gonna keep them in a sub folder as "extras".

4. Last phase (after item one above) is to clean up the folders that I created from different sources that I got a lot of these HBO videos from. They have some smaller and larger versions of all the files under the HBO Max Season (current and deleted) pre-enhancement and upscaling. I will replace most with processed enhanced/upscaled from HBO Max folder by copy/renaming - those not replaced will be batch enhanced/upscaled as necessary. Tedious but will save diskspace and result in consistent enhanced files/1080 H265's.

LT - Boomerang (all LT videos from Boomerang via Amazon Prime channel that are arranged by character) main target of item three above.

LT - Extras (See item three above)
    LT - HBO Max (See item one above)
    LT - Looney Tunes Cartoons - HBO Max Original
    LT - New Looney Tunes - HBO Max
    LT - Platinum Collections from Library (only kept episodes *not* in HBO Max seasons)
    LT - Sylvester & Tweety Mysteries
    LT - The Looney Tunes Show - Boomerang
    LT - The New Looney Tunes - Boomerang

5. Two other cartoon series that I have/liked as a kid.

Flintstones - Have all episodes (HBO Max/Boomerang channel via Amazon/Library had every season on DVD's)
    Jetsons - Have all episodes (HBO Max currently has complete seasons per Wiki)

6. Used in Explorer - View/Details for folders on hard drives and added "Video Compression" details - this allowed me to sort by "video compression", then move to sub folders and batch process to H265 and or/enhancement.

7. Bulk Rename Utility is my friend!​

I am very pleased with the enhancement/standardization of 1080p H265.

Topaz AI enhancement/Up-scaling with batch processing of files and processing multiple files concurrently resulted in better quality than DVDFab Smoother/Enlarger in much less time.

Topaz AI took about ~1/3 or less time for each file due to it's updated usage of Nvidia RTX cards/drivers, GPU/CPU and other added features that are constantly updated to latest Nvidia driver packages (Studio & Gaming).

Topaz AI models and control over individual features allowed me to tweek settings and resulted in greatly enhanced output quality.

Could not complete the above in current timeframe without the higher download quota of competitor.

Download quota of StreamFab (50 per streaming service) is onerous - especially on Amazon Prime.

Mike

US - CST, No VPN, Win10/64 Pro & Win 11/64 Pro
    StreamFab Lifetime - current version, Competitor Lifetime - Current Version, Topaz AI 3.1.1 (currently)
    RTX Nvidia 3080ti (mainly used), RTX 2070 Super (on other computer)
    Last edited by Mike_M; 01-27-2023, 05:43 PM.

This is a good reference: https://frdmtoplay.com/maximizing-bugs-bunny/​

Comment

Originally posted by beamer View Post
      Hi Beamer,

Wow, this is a *very* good reference with sources.

One thing I found is that the majority of the missing were available via Boomerang as a channel on Amazon under their individual characters categories.

... and Boomerang was available as a 7 day trial (free channel) on Amazon.

Using the competitor, I had a 500 download quota - which I exhausted & when renewed utilized - that with StreamFab's 50 a day for Amazon...

I used those, stripped out the Series/Episode info, enhance/upscaled to 1080p to H265 with Topaz AI and put the correct series/episode numbers for the HBO Max 1-31 season series.

The library was also a good source to get the Platinum Collections sent to my local branch.

After the above I then only had ~60 or so that I had to go hunting for that I got from the web at various places (Youtube, Archive.org, DailyMotion) and then enhanced/upscaled to 1080p H265.

I do have about 10 videos that I am not happy with out of the ~560 (I had some extra that weren't in HBO Max series) that I would like to replace that I couldn't find really good copies for.

Your reference may come in handy on those!

Thanks!

Mike

US - CST, No VPN, Win10/64 Pro & Win 11/64, Pro
      StreamFab Lifetime current version, DVDFab Lifetime current version, Topaz AI 3.1.1, Competitor Lifetime current version
      RTX 3080ti & RTX 2070Super, I7 12,700

Comment

Are you trying to get the entire Merry Melodies collection, think there's about a thousand? Or it appears, just the warner brother/blue ribbon main characters? Most of the early MM I really have no interest in seeing except Owl Jolson in "I love to singa"

I pretty much am collecting things also. Flintstone, tom and jerry WB's etc. You never can tell when political correctness will have these disappear

Comment

Originally posted by beamer View Post
          Are you trying to get the entire Merry Melodies collection, think there's about a thousand? Or it appears, just the warner brother/blue ribbon main characters? Most of the early MM I really have no interest in seeing except Owl Jolson in "I love to singa"

I pretty much am collecting things also. Flintstone, tom and jerry WB's etc. You never can tell when political correctness will have these disappear
          Hi beamer,

I mainly got the cartoons I grew up with & enjoyed watching.

Happy with what I've got of those now after HBO Max's deletion of seasons.

Got the Tom & Jerry ones also.

Was kind of afraid they'd trim The Jetsons & wanted to make sure I had them too.

Mike

Comment

Mike,
            Send me a PM if you can. I have a question for you

Comment

Working...
            X