Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There is a problem with PLUTO..... and if you have a few minutes of spare time.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a problem with PLUTO..... and if you have a few minutes of spare time.....

I'm having a problem with PLUTO in the latest StreamFab version of 6.1.1.8..... and I can't understand why no one else has posted that they are as well.....

I have a post ready to go with all the supporting log files and screen shots..... but before I submit it..... I would ask that someone attempt the following.....

Pick a movie..... any movie..... as long as it is not a television episode.....

When you have made your selection..... I would ask that you attempt to download it as an MKV file set to 264 as your Video Codec.....

You can use either the MKV (FFmpeg)..... or the MKV (MKVToolNox) as your setting for Video Format.....

As far as the setting for If TV Shows Offer Better Quality Version..... I tried my usual setting of Stick to My Settings..... and also tried Ask Me Each Time..... with both providing the same result.....

However..... if I am correct..... I don't care what you use as your settings..... you're going to get an MP4 file as a result.....

The MP4 file will play..... but it will not include subtitles even though your popup will indicate that subtitles were going to be downloaded.....

I download everything..... no matter from what site..... as MKV (FFmpeg)..... 264..... to include PLUTO..... and there has never been a problem with PLUTO giving 720p with subtitles in that format.....

A couple days ago that all changed.....

So if one of you..... or two..... or three..... have a few minutes to humor me..... I would appreciate your validating the problem.....

As I said..... I have all the documentation ready to go..... so you need not worry about that..... I would like someone to tell me they're having the same result..... or someone to tell me that that you can perform the download and successfully get an MKV file.....

Thanks!
    Last edited by weavermovies; 04-25-2023, 11:15 PM.

Current Ignore List: Brozilla, Chameleon, NewMelle, hizbf, radiah

We will check.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
      We will check.
      Since you're checking..... here's an update.....

The above problem was received when I was running StreamFab 6.1.1.8..... Then today when I saw there was a new version which mentioned in the Changelog that a problem with PLUTO had been fixed..... I thought installing 6.1.1.9 would take care of not being able to download MKV files in PLUTO.....

I installed the latest version..... 6.1.1.9..... and unfortunately..... nothing has changed.....

I get the same results as described above.

Current Ignore List: Brozilla, Chameleon, NewMelle, hizbf, radiah

Comment

Confirmed, this is happening on SF 6.1.2.2 as well for Pluto. Noticed this yesterday with 2 downloads, re-downloaded again today with same results. Logfiles attached
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by weavermovies View Post

I'm having a problem with PLUTO in the latest StreamFab version of 6.1.1.8..... and I can't understand why no one else has posted that they are as well.....
          TBH I don't download many (if any) things from Pluto unless they are the ONLY source of what I want to get. I can't seem to get downloads greater than 854 x 480. If what I want is on another source I'll try going there first before trying Pluto. It's just a resolution quality issue for me. The last time I got anything from Pluto was over a month ago (using SF 6.1.1.4) and at the time, if I recall, I didn't have any issues. So something changed somewhere between 6.1.1.4 and 6.1.2.2.

Comment

6.1.1.8 and up Pluto TV messes up downloading Have Gun - Will Travel episodes, randomly. For example Season 1 Episode 23. You watch the show and at the very beginning you hear voices from later on in the show overlap that part of the playback. Then, it cuts out in other parts of the show. I've also seen where some parts of other episodes jump to a part and it cuts out bits and pieces of the episode. Sometimes I can re-download and it'll be fine, but the aforementioned S01E23 I've downloaded about 4 times using 6.1.1.8 up to 6.1.2.2 without luck. I'm going to try and roll back to an older version.
            Last edited by funreviews; 05-15-2023, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X