• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SFab 6.1.2.1 Crackle not working since Sept 2022

Crackle is still not working.

Crackle not working since September 2022 of last year per thread below
    https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...le-not-working

Crackle did not use to require a login to download, but tried with and without logging into Crackle.

1. Crackle plays fine in Chrome browser.

2. Crackle *never* starts the playing of selected video in StreamFab 6.1.2.1, just the commercials.

3. StreamFab gets error after a bit.

(Screen attachments)

I will also attach the "log file" as a reply to this post, but it does not seem to capture too much information now and I tried twice.

Mike

US - CST, No Vpn, Win10/11 64 pro, StreamFab Lifetime, DvdFab Lifetime

Attached Files
    Last edited by Mike_M; 05-08-2023, 03:21 PM.

Log file for StreamFab 6.1.2.1. - Crackle still not working since September 2022.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_M View Post
      Log file for StreamFab 6.1.2.1. - Crackle still not working since September 2022.
      another place that has Salvage Marines is popcornflix - https://popcornflix.com/#/search/med...ocation=search
      streamfab does work on this site.
      Last edited by october262; 05-08-2023, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Hey October.
        I see that you often give "another place" listings for a hard to find video. Are you getting them from trakt.tv, JustWatch, or Reelgood? It sure would be nice to have a built-in search engine of their APIs rather than that Discover feature that just tells you the current Top 10 on 12 different streamers. What a waste of space. Almost every streamer tells you what's trending on their site.
        ​​​​​​​It's been just short of a year ago that I put in a request for such a search engine. For good measure I requested it again exactly 6 months after that. Still nowhere to be found within StreamFab.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
          Hey October.
          I see that you often give "another place" listings for a hard to find video. Are you getting them from trakt.tv, JustWatch, or Reelgood? It sure would be nice to have a built-in search engine of their APIs rather than that Discover feature that just tells you the current Top 10 on 12 different streamers. What a waste of space. Almost every streamer tells you what's trending on their site.
          It's been just short of a year ago that I put in a request for such a search engine. For good measure I requested it again exactly 6 months after that. Still nowhere to be found within StreamFab.
          Hi October 262 & Cats4U,

I use JustWatch & Reelgood to create a list of videos sorted by date for daily downloads via a spreadsheet for the next month.

I saw that Salvage Marines was listed via Reelgood for Crackle & Popcornflix & downloaded it previously, as I did a few others that were only on those two services.

I just used it as an example for Crackle in order to provide screenshots/logs for StreamFab.

I do have several other series/movies that are I've only found listed on Crackle.

Others have also provided StreamFab with examples for Crackle and they are well aware that it is not working for anything since Sept 2022 and still are selling and marketing the module.

It would be nice to have a Meta-Search using Reelgood, JustWatch and any other sources you could recommend like Cats4U suggested.

Heck, it would be *nice* if StreamFab listed all the websites it does support in it's software under "all supported sites", like Popcornflix.

I really feel sorry for people that purchase some StreamFab modules and have to figure out the quirks of some of the streaming services and how they interact with StreamFab. Some modules don't even work at all and some that are not per documentation (sub resolution/sound).

There's *still* not a comprehensive list of streaming service issues despite many people asking for a sticky topic updated monthly or so that lists these so it would be easy to know what is not working or is sub par currently and StreamFab is working on.
          Last edited by Mike_M; 05-09-2023, 07:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_M View Post

Hi October 262 & Cats4U,

I use JustWatch & Reelgood to create a list of videos sorted by date for daily downloads via a spreadsheet for the next month.

I saw that Salvage Marines was listed via Reelgood for Crackle & Popcornflix & downloaded it previously, as I did a few others that were only on those two services.

I just used it as an example for Crackle in order to provide screenshots/logs for StreamFab.

I do have several other series/movies that are I've only found listed on Crackle.

Others have also provided StreamFab with examples for Crackle and they are well aware that it is not working for anything since Sept 2022 and still are selling and marketing the module.

It would be nice to have a Meta-Search using Reelgood, JustWatch and any other sources you could recommend like Cats4U suggested.

Heck, it would be *nice* if StreamFab listed all the websites it does support in it's software under "all supported sites", like Popcornflix.

I really feel sorry for people that purchase some StreamFab modules and have to figure out the quirks of some of the streaming services and how they interact with StreamFab. Some modules don't even work at all and some that are not per documentation (sub resolution/sound).

There's *still* not a comprehensive list of streaming service issues despite many people asking for a sticky topic updated monthly or so that lists these so it would be easy to know what is not working or is sub par currently and StreamFab is working on.
            what other series/movies are you looking for that you found on crackle ??

Comment

That's another request I made a year ago and then 6 months after that. The only way you can see a list of the DRM MPD supported sites is to bring up the advertisement for that module at https://www.dvdfab.cn/drm-mpd-downloader.htm . That is so ridiculous! There should be a listing for DRM MPD on the left side menu just like Home, YouTube, VIP Services and etc. and it should bring up a list of all the known DRM MPD supported sites.

While I'm on the subject of listings, they should be in alphabetic order based on domain name. Here a question for everyone - where would you look to find the History Channel streamer in StreamFab's lists? If you thought under H, you are wrong because it is P for play.history.com. How about the DRM MPD listing for the cartoon site Boomerang? B? Nope, W for watch.boomerang.com. This is just a tiny example of the confusion you'll have with the lists because they are not based on the domain name. Entering just the domain gets you to either exactly the same spot or very near to it.

By the way, have you tried that Discover feature on the left side menu that I wrote about in my last post? Obviously no one has because it is broke (for how long?) and there has not been a peep of a complaint out of anyone. Out of the 12 streaming sites that can be displayed there, the only one that brings up anything when you click on it is Netflix. Get rid of it and add in the DRM MPD list and the Trakt/Reelgood/JustWatch API search engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

By the way, have you tried that Discover feature on the left side menu that I wrote about in my last post? Obviously no one has because it is broke (for how long?) and there has not been a peep of a complaint out of anyone. Out of the 12 streaming sites that can be displayed there, the only one that brings up anything when you click on it is Netflix. Get rid of it and add in the DRM MPD list and the Trakt/Reelgood/JustWatch API search engine.
                I knew it wasn't working properly but idgaf about it so i wasn't complaining... I complain about enough stuff so i don't want a "Boy who cried wolf" scenario happening
                How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

For all those wondering about crackle its fixed in this version big thumbs up to the developers

Comment

Finally! The fix is much appreciated...

Comment

Wish it was true, still not working. I click on the movie The Final Countdown and I get Love In Full Swing, same problem as before, no change....

Comment

Yes Crackle downloads but it may well as not, it takes about 45 minutes to download a 3 GB file. Waste of time.
                        Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

For sure it seems quite slow but before this release, all my downloads ended in a failure so at least now, using version 6.1.2.4, I can actually download something from Crackle successfully...

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
                            For sure it seems quite slow but before this release, all my downloads ended in a failure so at least now, using version 6.1.2.4, I can actually download something from Crackle successfully...
                            that is true before didn’t work at all. No you have to wait 45 minutes to download 3 GB. I really didn’t expect any more.
                            Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by Stebono View Post
                              Wish it was true, still not working. I click on the movie The Final Countdown and I get Love In Full Swing, same problem as before, no change....
                              FYI, I was able to successfully download The Final Countdown (and the movie I ended up with was, in fact, The Final Countdown...)

Comment

Working...
                              X