Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Still no fix for downloads from Amazon Prime not able to play on Sony Blu Ray player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your first statement is correct.
    It is the same process that I use to burn discs that do work.
    I have Sony BDP-S470 and BDP-S5500 Blu Ray Players.
    I am selecting BD25s and sometimes BD9s if there is no menu,
    I use MediaInfo. It does not work on ISO files only on ts or mp4 files
    Videos that do work: video TS Audio AC-3
    Videos that do not work: video mp4 and audio E-AC-3

General
    Complete name : D:\StreamFab Amazon Downloads\Amazon\DCI Banks\S03\DCI Banks_S03E03_DCI Banks S3 E3.mp4
    Format : MPEG-4
    Format profile : Base Media
    Codec ID : isom (isom/iso2/avc1/mp41)
    File size : 2.18 GiB
    Duration : 45 min 16 s
    Overall bit rate mode : Variable
    Overall bit rate : 6 902 kb/s
    Collection : DCI Banks
    Season : 3
    Track name : DCI Banks S3 E3
    Description : When the body of a journalist is found, Banks identifies a connection to a mysterious death in the 80s involving a rock band.
    Recorded date : 2014
    Writing application : Lavf58.76.100
    Cover : Yes
    Part_ID : 3

Video
    ID : 1
    Format : AVC
    Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
    Format profile : High@L4
    Format settings : CABAC / 4 Ref Frames
    Format settings, CABAC : Yes
    Format settings, Reference frames : 4 frames
    Codec ID : avc1
    Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
    Bit rate : 6 670 kb/s
    Width : 1 920 pixels
    Height : 1 080 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate mode : Constant
    Frame rate : 25.000 FPS
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : Progressive
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.129
    Stream size : 2.11 GiB (97%)
    Color range : Limited
    Color primaries : BT.709
    Transfer characteristics : BT.709
    Matrix coefficients : BT.709
    Codec configuration box : avcC

Audio
    ID : 3
    Format : E-AC-3
    Format/Info : Enhanced AC-3
    Commercial name : Dolby Digital Plus
    Codec ID : ec-3
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 224 kb/s
    Channel(s) : 2 channels
    Channel layout : L R
    Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
    Frame rate : 31.250 FPS (1536 SPF)
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Stream size : 72.5 MiB (3%)
    Language : English
    Service kind : Complete Main
    Default : Yes
    Alternate group : 1

Text
    ID : 4
    Format : Timed Text
    Muxing mode : sbtl
    Codec ID : tx3g
    Duration : 44 min 23 s
    Bit rate mode : Variable
    Bit rate : 74 b/s
    Frame rate : 0.479 FPS
    Stream size : 24.2 KiB (0%)
    Forced : No
    Alternate group : 3

Comment

Originally posted by paulblain View Post

General
      Complete name : D:\StreamFab Amazon Downloads\Amazon\DCI Banks\S03\DCI Banks_S03E03_DCI Banks S3 E3.mp4
      Format : MPEG-4
      Format profile : Base Media
      Codec ID : isom (isom/iso2/avc1/mp41)
      File size : 2.18 GiB
      Overall bit rate mode : Variable
      Overall bit rate : 6 902 kb/s
      Collection : DCI Banks
      Season : 3
      Track name : DCI Banks S3 E3
      Description : When the body of a journalist is found, Banks identifies a connection to a mysterious death in the 80s involving a rock band.
      Recorded date : 2014
      Writing application : Lavf58.76.100
      Cover : Yes
      Part_ID : 3

Video
      ID : 1
      Format : AVC
      Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
      Format profile : High@L4
      Format settings : CABAC / 4 Ref Frames
      Format settings, CABAC : Yes
      Format settings, Reference frames : 4 frames
      Codec ID : avc1
      Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
      Bit rate : 6 670 kb/s
      Width : 1 920 pixels
      Height : 1 080 pixels
      Display aspect ratio : 16:9
      Frame rate mode : Constant
      Frame rate : 25.000 FPS
      Color space : YUV
      Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
      Bit depth : 8 bits
      Scan type : Progressive
      Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.129
      Stream size : 2.11 GiB (97%)
      Color range : Limited
      Color primaries : BT.709
      Transfer characteristics : BT.709
      Matrix coefficients : BT.709
      Codec configuration box : avcC

Audio
      ID : 3
      Format : E-AC-3
      Format/Info : Enhanced AC-3
      Commercial name : Dolby Digital Plus
      Codec ID : ec-3
      Bit rate mode : Constant
      Bit rate : 224 kb/s
      Channel(s) : 2 channels
      Channel layout : L R
      Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
      Frame rate : 31.250 FPS (1536 SPF)
      Compression mode : Lossy
      Stream size : 72.5 MiB (3%)
      Service kind : Complete Main
      Alternate group : 1

Text
      ID : 4
      Format : Timed Text
      Muxing mode : sbtl
      Codec ID : tx3g
      Duration : 44 min 23 s
      Bit rate mode : Variable
      Bit rate : 74 b/s
      Frame rate : 0.479 FPS
      Stream size : 24.2 KiB (0%)
      Forced : No
      Alternate group : 3

do you still have the instruction booklet that came with your Sony BDP-S470 ??
      they usually list the playable file types the machine supports - https://www.sony.com/electronics/sup.../41843411M.pdf
      it say something about not playing coded files such as DRM (page 32 of 39 ) so maybe your videos still have DRM on them.
      Last edited by october262; 05-30-2023, 03:51 PM.

Comment

october262: Thanks for the information, but I thought that StreamFab removed all DRMs as part of their process. It does so in DVDFab.

Comment

fussybob: Do you use Sony Blu Ray Players?
          Yes the discs play fine with a Sony Blu-ray player.

One note, I never use a menu.

I was a faithful Verbatium disc user until a year or so ago, lots of failed burns all of a sudden with new disc batches. The discs would not play in any player. I switched to Ridata discs, not a single failure with over 100 discs.

I also burn with 2 Asus, and 2 LG drives and always burn a 6X without any issues.
          Last edited by fussybob; 05-31-2023, 04:19 AM.

Comment

october262: Thanks for the information, but I thought that StreamFab removed all DRMs as part of their process. It does so in DVDFab.
            Did you ever figure out the issue? If it's giving you issues with the videos downloaded from streamfab, you could always test one of the smaller files out here: https://video.online-convert.com/

Basically upload your video, then change the audio settings to something different, then download the converted video from that website and try burning again and see what happens. At least you can find out if it's a possible audio problem as described earlier in this thread by others.

If you still can't figure it out after that, send me a PM and I can attempt to help you further. Hopefully you get it worked out.

Comment

Video on a proper Bluray should NOT be MP4 and E-AC-3.

Please look at the files on the BURNED DISC which is what I asked for

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post
              5. IF the answer to question 2 is YES... For one of the videos you've successfully burned to disc that play fine, can you use MediaInfo , set the VIEW pull down to BASIC, and view the details of the video file. What does it list for audio and video codecs? Then do the same for a video used on a disc that doesn't play. Post the results of EACH.

6. If the answer to question 2 is YES.... For one of the discs that play fine, can you use MediaInfo , set the VIEW pull down to BASIC, and view the details of the BIGGEST M2TS file in \BDMV\STREAM folder? what does it list for audio and video codecs? Then do the same for the disc that doesn't play. Post the results of EACH.

As for the EAC3 vs AC3 audio I just tried with a download from Amazon. The download was HEVC video with EAC3 audio. ​The main movie video file on the ISO I created (I didn't burn to disc just for speed) is AVC and the video is AC3. So it looks like Creator is converting the files to standard. That is why I'm asking you Question 5 and 6... just to confirm you see the same, and both the working and non-working are AVC and AC3 or not.

When I added a file that was MP4(h264 or H265)/E-AC-3 to Bluray Creator, during its process, and creating/burning the disc, the resulting disc that was output has the video converted to AVC and the audio converted to AC3.

Please take a look at the video files that have been burned to both a working and non working disc. Make sure what formats they are. IF the discs you burned still have MP4/E-AC-3 audio/video, then that would be your problem, and an issue with BD Creator, not StreamFab.

NOTE:I have software on my PC which allows me to mount an ISO file and access it through Windows Explorer, so I don't need to burn to disc right away.

EDIT: Keep in mind when I say "proper blu-ray" above in this post, I mean with menu and the blu-ray authored following standards. If you just drag/drop and burn a video file to a disc and burn, it would be a data disc, and not all blu-ray players can handle video files on a Data Disc that way

BUT You said you ARE using FAB Blu-ray Creator which should be converting the files to blu-ray spec, and authoring the discs properly. Again, This looks more like you are having a Blu-ray Creator issue than a StreamFab issue. StreamFab only downloads the files. It is up to Blu-ray Creator to properly convert them if necessary, then author and write the disc.

Something else you can try... take the discs that don't work in your Sony player, put them in your PC and try using VLC to play the disc. Does that work? If so, it could be an incompatibility with those discs an Sony Blu-ray Player. But again, this would be a Blu-ray Creator issue, or Sony issue, not a StreamFab issue.
              Last edited by KidJoe; 05-31-2023, 02:35 PM.

Comment

KidJoe: StreamFab advertises, in their StreamFab promos, "This Amazon downloader can automatically import the downloaded videos to DVDFab Blu-ray Creator where you can convert them to standard Blu-ray format, so that you can enjoy on your home Blu-ray player and on your home theatre, together with your family."

I purchased StreamFab on that basis. If DVDFab/StreanFab's software cannot do that for the world's most popular Blu Ray players then they are guilty of false advertising. After requesting a refund within their 30 day prescribed period, they promised "if we cannot resolve it or that you still insist on a refund, we will proceed it for you, don't worry." After 4 months of back and forth they have not solved the issue and now refuse to give me my refund saying the refund period has passed. I don't want to play the downloads on VLC or from USB sticks or converting from mp4 to whatever, as various people have, in good faith, suggested. Thanks to all for their suggestions. I just want to be able to do what StreamFab advertises or to get my money back.

Comment

fussybob: I do use menus - how am I going to navigate on a disc containing a tv series with 30+ episodes. I have used Verbatim discs exclusively and have not had any problems. I use Asus and Pioneer BD drives. The resultant discs do not work on my Sony players.

Comment

KidJoe: StreamFab advertises, in their StreamFab promos, "This Amazon downloader can automatically import the downloaded videos to DVDFab Blu-ray Creator where you can convert them to standard Blu-ray format, so that you can enjoy on your home Blu-ray player and on your home theatre, together with your family."

I purchased StreamFab on that basis. If DVDFab/StreanFab's software cannot do that for the world's most popular Blu Ray players then they are guilty of false advertising. After requesting a refund within their 30 day prescribed period, they promised "if we cannot resolve it or that you still insist on a refund, we will proceed it for you, don't worry." After 4 months of back and forth they have not solved the issue and now refuse to give me my refund saying the refund period has passed. I don't want to play the downloads on VLC or from USB sticks or converting from mp4 to whatever, as various people have, in good faith, suggested. Thanks to all for their suggestions. I just want to be able to do what StreamFab advertises or to get my money back.
                    IF you have in writing that FAB said they would refund you after 30 days, please contact them with a screen shot of that, or link to that conversation as it will help you in your refund efforts. If its part of a ticket opened via the Member Center, give them the ticket number.

I don't work for FAB. I hope they resolve this to your satisfaction one way or another. I don't know when you purchased DVDFab Creator vs StreamFab, if you are looking for refund for both, etc. And I don't know how this will work out for you as you work with them.​

But when you say Popular bluray players? In this thread you said you have the Sony BDP-S5500 and BDP-S470. They may have been popular but they are from 2015 and 2010. I have burned discs that wouldn't play in my LG BD390 (from 2009) and LG BD570 (from 2010) players, including COPIES of store bought discs, and they can't play burned BD-9 and BD-5 discs. I stopped using them in 2017 and got two Sony UBPX800 (which is 4K and has many more features and supports more formats) and they play those discs (that wouldn't play on the LG's) just fine.

I get that you want this to work as easily as advertised, BUT you are using TWO pieces of software to do this and two bluray players that are 7 and 12 years old so they may not support the newest standards. That is 3 potential points of failure (more if you consider burn quality of the discs). I'm trying to offer you steps to confirm WHERE THE PROBLEM IS so you are seeking support in the right direction.

Not all blu-ray players support he same features and functions, especially older ones. For example, BD5 and BD-9 are part of BD-ROM Basic but they don't play on all Blu-Ray players (as I said my LG's wouldn't play them).

*IF* they don't resolve this for you, I'm willing to try and help you at least figure out where the problem is. For example, IF its determined to be a Blu-ray Creator problem, then posting about the bug (with logs of the disc you burned) in that section MIGHT be a way to go. Also if the issue is Blu-Ray Creator, maybe using another authoring tool could help you get around this.

I just noticed something you typed in the 2nd post of this thread...
                    ... The discs will play on a friend's Sony UBP-X800, although menu reading time is very slow; I don't think I should have to buy a very expensive UHD player to play these downloads....
                    *IF* ALL of the discs that do not play in your two Sony players do play in your friend's Sony UBP-x800 player, that would point to an issue with your Sony players not being compatible. This is another reason to try using those discs with VLC in your PC to see if they play there too. That will help narrow down if its an issue with the Sony Players you have or the way the discs were authored. (if they play in your friend's UBP-X800, and VLC on your PC, then your older players just might not be compatible).

I would offer to download the same shows, movies, etc. and burn discs and try on my Blu-ray player but I only have the UBPX800 which you said seems to work. Plus I don't have any blank discs. I haven't purchased any blanks since starting to use Plex several years ago. None of the discs I burned back then were authored with DVDFAb Blu-ray Creator.

Good luck. If you want help trying to narrow down the issue, I'm here.
                    Last edited by KidJoe; 05-31-2023, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post

I get that you want this to work as easily as advertised, BUT you are using TWO pieces of software to do this and two bluray players that are 7 and 12 years old so they may not support the newest standards. That is 3 potential points of failure (more if you consider burn quality of the discs). I'm trying to offer you steps to confirm WHERE THE PROBLEM IS so you are seeking support in the right direction.
                      These players are just players, are they not? What is doing the actual burning? All the talk has been about the perceived quality of Sony players, what about the burners? A quick check on Ebay shows that both players are going for under $30US each, used. Are the burners in the same category?
                      What is really rubbing me the wrong way is that paulblain is refusing to even consider trying a different brand of disk. I have no experience with Bluray disks because I gave up on optical drives years ago, but when I used to burn DVDs and CDs I distinctly remember having bought a cake box of 100 disks where the first 50 were all perfect and the second 50 were all unusable crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
                        These players are just players, are they not?
                        Yes, but they are OLD players. So they might not support playing BD9 (bluray layout on DVD media), and may have issues with BD-25.
                        What is doing the actual burning?
                        DVDFab Blu-ray Creator. appears to be doing the authoring and burning. As part of the authoring, Blu-ray Creator is converting the files into the proper formats (i.e. re-encoding them to new codecs that are compatible with blu-ray standard).
                        All the talk has been about the perceived quality of Sony players, what about the burners? A quick check on Ebay shows that both players are going for under $30US each, used. Are the burners in the same category?
                        The players are that cheap on eBay because they are so old.

I thought I saw the brand of the burner posted in the thread, I can't find it as I look back.
                        What is really rubbing me the wrong way is that paulblain is refusing to even consider trying a different brand of disk. I have no experience with Bluray disks because I gave up on optical drives years ago, but when I used to burn DVDs and CDs I distinctly remember having bought a cake box of 100 disks where the first 50 were all perfect and the second 50 were all unusable crap.
                        Verbatim 25 GB BD-Rs were mentioned. I remember Verbatim Made In Tawiwan were the best many years ago, when I was actively copying my discs. BUT when they started making the switch to LTH, I lost track of what was quality media as that is when I stopped burning, and was streaming more with Kodi and Plex.

I still think it comes down to the capabilities of the two OLD bluray players, more so than the disc media, burning drive, burning quality or software. Especially if the same discs play on the friend's UBPX800 (4k bluray) player which is newer.
                        Last edited by KidJoe; 05-31-2023, 11:35 PM.

Comment

fussybob: I do use menus - how am I going to navigate on a disc containing a tv series with 30+ episodes. I have used Verbatim discs exclusively and have not had any problems. I use Asus and Pioneer BD drives. The resultant discs do not work on my Sony players.
                          You are now mentioning 30+ episodes on a single disc.

Do your recorded Blu-ray discs of a single movie work ok?

All I do is......

1. Download a movie with Streamfab in MP4 format.

2. Select that MP4 movie in Blu-ray Converter, click on the ISO ICON on the bottom and direct it to the folder I want to save the ISO file in. Hit start

3. Launch ImgBurn, select Write ISO file to disc, select the ISO file, hit Go.

4. BINGO! Perfectly burned Blu-ray disc.

So what is that about 5 clicks and a perfect burn. I don't even think about what I'm doing it is soooo simple.

I had two separate Verbatim discs orders that had many bad discs. I did some extensive disc analysis and they were bad.

I use the following Ridata discs, cheaper than Verbatim, zero bad burns, burn at 6X with ease.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You could have just some hardware issue, software settings, etc. I have 2 cloned custom built, by me, desktop PCs running Windows 10, so in my case the PCs being cloned have no different variables.

I just checked my Sony player model, vintage BDP-S5100, plays my burned discs.

My other main players are all Panasonic.

So for me the compete DVDfab suite of apps works just fine.............

Good luck in your quest!
                          Last edited by fussybob; 06-01-2023, 03:07 AM.

Comment

Cats4U: Thank you for your interest, but I have extensive experience using BD-R discs. Any reviews of blank Blu Ray BD-R that I have seen always rate Verbatim BD-R (HTL, not LTH) discs as the best and most reliable so I have no qualms about using them. Blu Ray discs that I burn using videos from sources other than StreamFab always work whether I use Blu Ray Creator or DVDFab12 and burned to Verbatim BD-Rs always play properly on my Sony Blu Ray Players.

Comment

KidJoe: Thank you for your interest. You said: IF you have in writing that FAB said they would refund you after 30 days, please contact them with a screen shot of that, or link to that conversation as it will help you in your refund efforts. If its part of a ticket opened via the Member Center, give them the ticket number.

The person I am dealing with has been supplied with full verbatim copies of my initial post requesting the refund and his reply. He just refuses to give me a refund saying the refund period has passed. (You can view the other thread I have started yesterday in the forums regarding my refund issue.)

I do not not use LTH discs at all. Verbatim BD-R HTL are always rated the most reliable. I have also tried to play StreamFab/Blu Ray Creator on a Sony BDP-S3700 with the same issues. The 3700 is the current mid-level Blu Ray (not UHD) player.

I do the same 5 clicks you do but cannot play my discs on a wide variety of Sony players.

Last edited by paulblain; 06-01-2023, 04:25 AM.

Comment

KidJoe: I have tried to burn a single video (a concert) with no menu but with same failed result.

Comment

Working...
                                X