ATTN: Xfinity users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATTN: Xfinity users

In case you didn't see it, I've attached an email from Xfinity (Comcast) about getting free Peacock Premium. When Peacock started up, Xfinity gave users Premium for free. That is set to end at the end of this month. The good news is that if you signed up for Xfinity Rewards and have been a customer for a certain amount of time, you can still get Peacock Premium for free. Unfortunately I don't know how long that certain amount of time is but I'm sure they'll tell you if you are eligible or not when you put in for the reward. So, if you think you might qualify be sure to sign up for the Rewards program at https://customer.xfinity.com/rewards.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-06-11 6.21.27 PM.png
Views:	843
Size:	162.2 KB
ID:	426428

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
    In case you didn't see it, I've attached an email from Xfinity (Comcast) about getting free Peacock Premium. When Peacock started up, Xfinity gave users Premium for free. That is set to end at the end of this month. The good news is that if you signed up for Xfinity Rewards and have been a customer for a certain amount of time, you can still get Peacock Premium for free. Unfortunately I don't know how long that certain amount of time is but I'm sure they'll tell you if you are eligible or not when you put in for the reward. So, if you think you might qualify be sure to sign up for the Rewards program at https://customer.xfinity.com/rewards.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2023-06-11 6.21.27 PM.png Views:	24 Size:	162.2 KB ID:	426428
    here's more info - https://www.xfinity.com/support/arti...scription-faqs
    Last edited by october262; 06-12-2023, 12:51 AM.

Comment

Great news, thank you. I received my invite also.

Comment

Upon further research it appears that the free Peacock Premium reward is only available to Platinum and Diamond Rewards members. That is determined by how many years you've had Xfinity Internet.

Name:	Screenshot 2023-06-13 12.07.15 AM.png
Views:	438
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	426454

Comment

Does it matter how long you've been signed up for rewards? Like I've been a customer since fall 2012, but just signed up/into rewards when I saw this thread.

EDIT: Never mind, it shows Platinum in the upper left with our name when I log in now.

Comment

Reminder: If you are a Platinum or Diamond Rewards member for Comcast/Xfinity - today, June 26th, is the day for you to sign up for free Peacock Premium.
            Last edited by Cats4U; 06-26-2023, 06:54 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

The bastards locked me out even though I'm a Diamond Rewards member and sent emails saying I was eligible. I hate Xfinity.

Name:	Screenshot 2023-06-26 1.06.08 PM.png
Views:	312
Size:	154.5 KB
ID:	427074

Comment

I finally got an email telling me how to Activate the Reward.

Name:	Screenshot 2023-06-26 4.11.31 PM.png
Views:	350
Size:	287.5 KB
ID:	427084

One of the simple steps that they fail to tell you about is that you have to X-out an advertisement pop-up (hmm, what other company does that remind me of?) and 2 other unrelated notifications before you even get to see the Peacock banner where you can click Activate Now in Step 1. So, if you are stuck, like I was, X-out of all the garbage on the screen and the Peacock banner will finally appear.

They are still bastards and I hate them.

Comment

I just checked Peacock and I am now locked out. I went on Xfinity website and didn't see this reward and I am a Diamond member. I'm doing this on my computer. Do I have to do it somewhere else?

Comment

Originally posted by crarbo1 View Post
                    I just checked Peacock and I am now locked out. I went on Xfinity website and didn't see this reward and I am a Diamond member. I'm doing this on my computer. Do I have to do it somewhere else?
                    did you try clearing your cookies for the Xfinity website ??

Comment

I just did that and it still doesn't show me the reward.

Comment

Let's start from the beginning - Did you redeem your Reward at the place found in the first email you should have received? The one I posted in message # 1 above.

After that you should receive an email showing your monthly bill and it will list Peacock as $0.00.

Then if you go back to the Rewards page, down at the bottom, there is My Activity, and that is what I got in message # 7 above. And surprisingly it still tells me that my award is not available at this time even though I clearly have Peacock again. Ignore it. I don't know why they make something so simple so complicated and contradictory.

Finally you should get an email like in # 8 above. Make sure you X-out any advertisements or notifications on your account page and you'll finally be able to see the Peacock banner with the Activate button. From there just follow the directions.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

did you try clearing your cookies for the Xfinity website ??
                          Why would you clear your cookies? You want them to know who you are and what you are entitled to. Luckily a fresh login to your account site should get things straight again.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Long story short, if finally gave me the option for that reward. It wasn't showing up on my rewards page like it should have. Per this article, https://cordcuttersnews.com/comcast-...-need-to-know/ there was an issue, so it was an issue on Xfinity's end. A big surprise I know. Eventually it did show up and I did eventually get the email to activate and I was able to do so relatively smoothly.
                            Thanks again for the information.

Comment

Thanks for the link to that article. It was very entertaining. Looks like I got off easy compared to some of the people commenting there, I just had to X-out all the crap on the screen and the banner leading to the final step finally appeared.

Comment

Working...
                              X