No announcement yet.

Peacock - Long Analysis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the comeback. I'll give them a try but all the videos I've downloaded since I first started this thread have had the 15-16 times wait. Nothing has changed for me. I'll get back to you with my results on the Ninja.

Comment

All 3 of the American Ninjas had the 15-16 wait. I used a digital stopwatch program on them and the resulting times of Analysis were 1:01 minutes, 1:03 minutes, and 59 seconds, respectively. Considering that Analysis for downloads on other streamers usually only take about 2 seconds, that's a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
        All 3 of the American Ninjas had the 15-16 wait. I used a digital stopwatch program on them and the resulting times of Analysis were 1:01 minutes, 1:03 minutes, and 59 seconds, respectively. Considering that Analysis for downloads on other streamers usually only take about 2 seconds, that's a long time.
        It was DEFINATELY slower this morning. Its not just analyzing, but "Processing" also seemed to take a long time before the green line went across the screen too.

After adding the 3 to the download queue, going to the Downloading tab, I clicked start download and the stop watch at the same time.

First file switched from Analyzing to downloading audio at 1:06. The first file finished at 4:07.

At 4:19 it started analyzing the second file. Audio started downloading at 5:08. . Remuxing was fast. The second finished at 8:35

Third started analyzing at 8:42.

I had to look away at that point.

Comment

There are so many factors involved in the download and processing parts of the download. I really don't worry about that because for the most part they are out of my or StreamFab's control. Such as latency between you and the CDN, type of and speed of your CPU, hard drives/SSD, memory, other tasks being run, etc., you get the picture. The fact that the Analysis green line loops across exactly 15-16 times shows that it is a constant that is controlled by StreamFab's DRM key list on their server.
          One tip that I'd like to pass along to everybody (and should be kind of obvious if you think about it) is to put your StreamFab Temp folder on the fastest SSD drive that you have. I am not a fan of keeping the Temp, Log and Output folders on a C: drive Documents directory as is default. Besides the often talked about OneDrive issue, the C: is usually very busy (especially if it is a hard drive) and this will slow down downloading and processing. I consider Remux to be part of Processing.

Comment

My experience with watching the process is that it analyzes for quite a while, but then suddenly it jumps to 40% complete on the download and then comes in at an insane speed, completing in less than 10 seconds.
            This is for a typical 45 minute TV show.

Comment

I'm just concerned with the Analysis part as I explained to KidJoe. That is the only part of the download that StreamFab has any direct control over by the order in which they list their DRM keys on their server. All the rest of the download depends on your hardware and your Internet connection.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
                One tip that I'd like to pass along to everybody (and should be kind of obvious if you think about it) is to put your StreamFab Temp folder on the fastest SSD drive that you have. I am not a fan of keeping the Temp, Log and Output folders on a C: drive Documents directory as is default. Besides the often talked about OneDrive issue, the C: is usually very busy (especially if it is a hard drive) and this will slow down downloading and processing. I consider Remux to be part of Processing.
                As soon as we were able to move the temp and log folders, I moved them to my "D" drive. Its a spinner, but I wanted them out of the folders directed to my OneDrive! My Output has always been on my "F" drive, which I also use for processing my disc rips.

Comment

Working...
                X