Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DRM MPD ITVX downloads fail

Hi,
    When trying to download from ITVX downloads keep failing.

Log.txt

Thanks

Hope your post gets some movement as I've had a open ticket for this issue for over a month now, give a number of logs and been advised it's being looked at.

Before 6.1.3.0 it woud not even start the download, but since that version it does download but fails to Mux the fail and gives a failed state after the download step completes​

Comment

Also just for info, you may already know this but you can get some of the same programs on ITVX on STV Player, but not all of them.

Comment

Thanks fred4242
        This doesn't sound promising. I don't understand why they support the other main UK on demand services yet they struggle with ITV.

Comment

ITVX wouldn't
          even play in the Streamfab browser but in a recent update they finally got it working. But "updates" so often end up with us losing services that once worked it makes you wonder if it wouldn't be wiser to delay updating until its proven.

As you say , now the download completes then fails. Fortunately most ITVX content is on Britbox so you can subscribe to that via Amazon which means it keeps working and you can download entire series in one click.

Comment

Update:

I have managed to get downloads to work from ITVX - it's annoying to have to do it this way and also you don't get any subtitles, but it does complete the download.

When you first click on the film or tv ep, if you cancel the first pop-up window for the MPD analysis and the hit the refresh buton top left and then select the second pop-up to add to the queue the download will complete

I've updated my ticket for suppoprt with logs showing this​.
            Tested this on on a few versions and does work on 6.1.3.5

Comment

Downloads complete on ITVX but then fail after that. No surprises that the latest update changes nothing

Comment

Once upon a time in a galaxy far far away Streamfab was able to download ITVX. Then we had a Streamfab UPgrade (a contradiction in terms if ever there was one) and we lost ITVX. Lost faith in Streamfab but popped back to see we've had at least 5 updates since I was last here and guess what. ITVX still fails.
                Fortunately most of the content can be obtained by paying for Britbox via Prime channels but it would be nice for do called improvements to actually make things better

Comment

Once upon a time in a galaxy far far away Streamfab was able to download ITVX. Then we had a Streamfab UPgrade (a contradiction in terms if ever there was one) and we lost ITVX. Lost faith in Streamfab but popped back to see we've had at least 5 updates since I was last here and guess what. ITVX still fails.
                  Fortunately most of the content can be obtained by paying for Britbox via Prime channels but it would be nice for so called improvements to actually make things better

Comment

And ITVX remains failing. Good job I'm not a new customer otherwise I'd be asking for a refund

Comment

I managed to get two ITVX programmes downloaded today (I'm assuming since the "A failure problem when downloading videos from certain M3U8-encrypted websites." fix in the latest 6.1.4.5 (Win) update) but it's failing again.

I don't think I'm doing anything differently but can anyone let me know if they've managed to get it work, in case I've slightly forgotten what I did to get it working.

Comment

When I try to download from ITVX it pops up with DRM MPD. The download reaches 100% then changes to FAILED so processing never takes place. Grange Hill series 14 is what I try to download and its never worked since it appeared some months ago.
                        As ITVX still isn't available as a Prime Video Channel I have to pay for Britbox to get Grange Hill although not all ITVX content is available via Britbox

Comment

Yet another up date and still ITVX fails. Surely the fact that SF downloads the content then fails before it moves to processing shows something is wrong. I guess it is finally time to test out the Anystream upgrade

Comment

Following on from fred4242's reply in August 2023, I've also had some consistent success using his workaround:

1. When the film/programme web page loads on ITVX, cancel out of the Streamfab pop-up.
                            2. Refresh the web page which causes the StreamFab pop-up to reappear.
                            3. Choose the resolution, then download or queue.

Doing this every time seems to allow a bunch of queued items to download ok. I am currently on version 6.1.5.0

(phelings, I tried the first episode of Grange Hill series 14 and it worked for me using this method.)

Things I noticed before I came across this thread:

- When a download was on its way to failing, the displayed segment progess was ticking along quite quickly although my internet data was well under 1 Mbps.
                            - Not going to pretend that I understand how the temporary files or logs work, but the failed downloads seemed to have temp segment output files all exactly the same size at something like 1024KB (I think).
                            - My guess is that Streamfab was downloading a complete set of empty segments and not figuring it out until the processing stage.

In summary, a bit of a faff, but it does seem to be a consistent workaround. StreamFab could definitely use a dedicated downloader for ITVX so that it a) works and b) lets TV series be set up without having to queue each individual episode.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by hartashford View Post
                              Following on from fred4242's reply in August 2023, I've also had some consistent success using his workaround:
                              It's very interesting that you have found a way to download from ITVX. But it should be noted that ITVX is not a supported streamer at this time.
                              I have heard from a reliable source that ITVX is on the shortlist of new modules to be released in the future. Whether that future is one week away or one year away, I have no knowledge. Personally, I would prefer that the developer use their time working on problems with existing modules rather than creating new modules but it's not my call.

Comment

Working...
                              X