This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prime video downloads keep stopping and never finish

I keep having an issue where half the time it works, and half the time it does not. Certain movies just keep stopping right in the middle of downloading and never finish. I tried clearing cache and re-installation, but the problem persists. Once a movie stops and doesn't finish, that movie never works again, and never finishes even after deleting cache and clearing out the queue.

Some movies work fine, but the ones that do not, will not work no matter what and will not finish. They keep stopping at exactly the same MB amount downloaded every time I go to retry them again. I got no error, and no failed message, it just stops downloading and stays right where it's at no matter what. It always stops at the exact same spot.

I tried reinstalling again, and I tried it on another computer. Those same movies are giving me the same issue, and they are stopping exactly at the same MB as before.

The program does not give any errors and nothing happens. Everything just freezes and stops. No progress gets made, and no error is given.

Here is one of the movies giving me the issue. It is currently a free Prime movie.

The numbers just stay what they are and nothing happens anymore at all. No amount of cancelling the download, software reinstallations, or download retries changes anything. It just gets to the exact same amount of MB finished, and freezes again. No error is ever produced, so I doubt it is putting anything into a log.

log attached
    Attached Files
    Last edited by darkdream787; 09-08-2023, 01:24 AM.

Comment

I just thought I would mention that I cant cancel it when this freeze up happens either. If I choose delete all and delete the queue, the program still thinks its downloading and and doesn't want to let me exit the program without asking me if I am sure because a video is downloading. It's not downloading though, I gave it over 2 hours at one point and it just stayed frozen at the same spot every time.

I reproduced this issue again, and am giving another updated log file just in case the last one wasn't enough.

Please have a look. Thank you.
      Attached Files

Comment

I am having the same issue. For at least 4 different dramas.
        Always stops at certain time (usually when the downloaded size is less than 100MB). When trying on another PC, the same video stops at the same time stamp.

Comment

I am having a problem with TV series as well, not just movies. They wont even start downloading. The software says they are downloading but nothing even starts. Every single item in the queue list just says waiting to download and nothing starts.
          Attached Files

Comment

I have the same issue. One thing I'd like to point out, while testing with different computers, and multiple codecs, one movie in particular called "back to the drive-in" was locking up in the same spot.

While using the CBR option, it would download 170.57MB/6.72GB and freeze on any machine at the exact size. Even when stopping and restarting it, the result was exactly the same. I must have tried about 8-9 times split between different computers. When using the CVBR and HEVC selections, it fully downloaded.

Surprsingly, a couple of times the "unresolvable url error -105" popped up on the amazon module screen after clicking cancel.

Once, the screen was completely blank when opening up the amazon module. I clicked refresh about 5 or 6 times and still wouldn't show anything after about 30 seconds. Closed and re-opened the module (without closing the whole program) and it worked fine.

Then I had an idea... I checked all three CVBR, CBR and HEVC codecs over on the fox, and it downloaded just fine. This is only appearing to be an issue on streamfab. Hopefully you can get this figured out soon. Hope this information is helpful!

Comment

We've received the report, will look into it as soon as possible.

Comment

corey75's post gave me an idea of something to try. I decided to try CBR, and CVBR for the movies that would not download.

It would seem the CBR is the one affected. I tried the lower quality, lower bitrate CVBR for the movies that were freezing up, and for some reason those actually downloaded. I really want the CBR version though. For those particular movies, CBR has a much more substantial amount of bitrate which is quite a bit of a difference.

Sometimes CVBR is more bitrate, and sometimes CBR is more bitrate. I choose the one I want accordingly. That explains why some of the movies worked, and some of them didn't. The ones I was choosing CBR for were not working, and are the ones that kept freezing up. CBR seems to be having a problem downloading correctly.

I hope that information helps as well.

Comment

The QA team tested the one shown in the image attached and set it as CBR. The download went through well and the file can be played well too. Please kindly give v6141 a try, thanks.

Comment

Is that on Primevideo.com though

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
                      The QA team tested the one shown in the image attached and set it as CBR. The download went through well and the file can be played well too. Please kindly give v6141 a try, thanks.
                      Confirming that 6141 does complete the download. Thank you for the fix!

Comment

Originally posted by corey75 View Post

Confirming that 6141 does complete the download. Thank you for the fix!
                        Well, I ran across the problem again with Spin City S3E26 and S4E26. These are not downloading when CBR is selected:

It's freezing up at around 34MB downloaded.

Comment

CBR movies are still broken for me. I have not been able to get any CBR movies to finish yet. They all just freeze up soon after starting. I will check a couple more when I can later tonight.

Comment

So, I've had that issue only once since upgrading to 6.1.4.1. It was with the film "The History That Haunts Us." No matter what, it choked at the 3% stage of downloading (around the 248MB point). Tried everything including rebooting and cleaning cache, but it remained the same. Used the competition's program to get a CBR and CVBR version, then MKVToolNix to the rescue. Hope they can find the source of this issue quickly.

Edit: Just happened again with "The Hanged Girl", again at the 3% mark/146.82MB. Log attached FWIW.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by radiah; 09-11-2023, 07:23 PM.

Comment

I tried different combinations, and found that when selecting CBR+EAC, it always stops/freezes when the audio part is done, never starts to download the video.
                              However, it works fine when selecting CBR+AAC and CVER+EAC, for the same drama/movie.

Comment

Working...
                              X