How to download Youtube videos at exactly the quality selected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by calamar View Post

I'm not 100% sure about this sentence. Check this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpvRg_2oD7A . It's available up to 4K resolution, no premium restrictions. StreamFab allows me to download up to 1080p (112.48MB). After the download process, the file obtained is 60,7MB.
    That video doesn't have any Premium restricted content. Premium doesn't mean you get a certain resolution. Some things are free and some things need premium. That depends entirely on how the video is monetized.

How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

Originally posted by calamar View Post
      Related with my previous post and based on the same URL link I shared, I copied the URL to the clipboard, so Streamfabs detects it's a video link and opens a window to configure download. In this window, I can select up to 8K resolution and I chose video lossless. I just selected 4K and I obtained a 4K resolution video 273MB file size.

Why the options are differente between the clipboard feature or browsing Youtube in the internal browser of Streamfab?

Thank you!
      When you are browsing Youtube and click on a link, StreamFab analyzes the video and presents you with the data it gathered from the analysis.

When you use the clipboard method for Youtube, there is no analysis going on. So the drop-down values are the possible resolutions you could get. You can choose 8K but if the video is only available in 480p, then 480p is what you will get.

For Youtube, i would suggest you stick to browsing inside StreamFab or pasting that URL directly in the address bar and not relying on the clipboard. Use the clipboard or the Paste URL button if you want to batch download a list of Youtube videos.

How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

Working...
      X