Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StreamFab for Mac Can't download videos from 6play

Hello,

i can't download videos from 6play, is it normal ?

Click image for larger version

Name:	play.png
Views:	370
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	434017

Please have a look at How to post issues in the StreamFab section.
    • What are you trying to download?
    • What steps did you take to get this error?
    • Did you buy StreamFab All-in-One? I so, when?​
    How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post
      Please have a look at How to post issues in the StreamFab section.
      • What are you trying to download?
      • What steps did you take to get this error?
      • Did you buy StreamFab All-in-One? I so, when?​

- I try to download "Desperate Housewives" episodes.
      - I clicked on "#", then on "6play", and on the episode i want to download.
      - Yes i bought it, november 2022. It used to work before when i tried to download something from 6play.

Comment

Ok well i can see that France is still the capital of excessive ads. Geez...

Anyway, i wasn't able to reproduce your issue (Maybe you pay for "No Ads") but please try the following steps and see if that works for you.
        • Go to the episode you want as usual
        • If the StreamFab pop-up says Youtube Downloader or Youtube Plus Downloader, just click cancel.
        • If there are ads, let them play. (I feel it's like a full 5 minutes of ads!)
        • Once the actual episode starts playing, you should see a blue pill at the top of the video and it should say MPD
        • Click the MPD blue pill
        • Add the video to the queue or Download Now.

Name:	image.png
Views:	257
Size:	389.5 KB
ID:	434055

Name:	image.png
Views:	231
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	434056

Let me know if that worked for you.​

Comment

Oh wait a second... I just realized your screenshot appears to be from a Mac and not a PC.

If i am right, then i am sorry to tell you this is not gonna work for you as there is no DRM MPD module in StreamFab for Mac.

That is why i wasn't able to reproduce this.

What likely happened is that 6play recently enabled DRM and switched from M3U8 to MPD. It used to work with the Youtube module because there was no DRM.

If you want to be able to download from that site, you need DRM MPD and because of technical limitations, it is not available for Mac. If you have a PC or Parallels, you can try StreamFab for Windows

Comment

What likely happened is that 6play recently enabled DRM and switched from M3U8 to MPD. It used to work with the Youtube module because there was no DRM.
            Bingo ! I think that's the right explanation.

If you want to be able to download from that site, you need DRM MPD and because of technical limitations, it is not available for Mac. If you have a PC or Parallels, you can try StreamFab for Windows
            I am trying (as a trial) on windows and it works but it seems super super long to download the video. After 30 minutes, only 126 / 2082 segments. Is it normal ? Or is it because i use the trial version ? It's gonna be so long to download everything i want, ouch.

Comment

Originally posted by zacki View Post
              I am trying (as a trial) on windows and it works but it seems super super long to download the video. After 30 minutes, only 126 / 2082 segments. Is it normal ? Or is it because i use the trial version ? It's gonna be so long to download everything i want, ouch.
              I did notice it was extremely slow but i just chalked it up to a bad VPN connection. I just tried again and still impossibly slow with StreamFab but blazing with yt-dlp.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	27.1 KB ID:	434063

As you can see, took 1 second to download subtitles, 45 seconds for the video and 57 seconds for the audio.

I will let StreamFab know about this

Comment

9 hours later, only 53% of the video ...
                It's way too long, i cancelled everything.

For info, i paid a subscription on 6play so i have no ads and 1080p quality. So the video i was trying to download was in 1080p.

Hope one day the problem will be fix because i have no idea how to use yt-dlp (i guess it's not that easy ).

Comment

Hi,

For the download speed problem, I will ask the dev to check it.

And for the video, you can also use YouTube Downloader to download the video if it shown as “Ready to Download”.

Name:	screenshot-20231212-184733.png
Views:	232
Size:	483.9 KB
ID:	434076

Wilson
                  Last edited by Wilson.Wang; 12-12-2023, 10:49 AM.
                  Please post your logs the default location is:
                  For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                  For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                  Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                  If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post

And for the video, you can also use YouTube Downloader to download the video if it shown as “Ready to Download”.
                    Instead of "Ready to download", i have "Analyse" (in english maybe the word is analysing) with a spinning wheel.
                    I also noticed there is none subtitles available to download.

Comment

I did notice it was extremely slow but i just chalked it up to a bad VPN connection. I just tried again and still impossibly slow with StreamFab but blazing with yt-dlp.
                      I'm completely surprised that you are able to get anything using YT-DLP. According to their open issues they are about to completely remove the 6play extractor being that they only use DRM now.
                      https://github.com/yt-dlp/yt-dlp/issues/2005
                      https://github.com/ytdl-org/youtube-dl/issues/24967

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

I'm completely surprised that you are able to get anything using YT-DLP. According to their open issues they are about to completely remove the 6play extractor being that they only use DRM now.
                        https://github.com/yt-dlp/yt-dlp/issues/2005
                        https://github.com/ytdl-org/youtube-dl/issues/24967
                        The beauty of yt-dlp is that yes it uses extractors and then you get a bunch of specific options for them but if you feed it the URL for the .mpd, it doesn't matter what the site is. It just looks at what is in the .mpd...

As you can see from my screenshot, the filename is as generic as they get because there is no metadata information (show name, episode number, etc...) in the .mpd

They could remove all extractors and yt-dlp would still work with .mpd or .m3u8 URLs

Comment

They could remove all extractors and yt-dlp would still work with .mpd or .m3u8 URLs
                          But, of course, the resulting files it downloads would be encrypted (in the case of 6play) with the DRM and could not be used directly, correct?

Comment

• jpp72
                            jpp72 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Yep. I plan on updating my scripts over the holidays to allow for decryption. Keep you posted

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
                          But, of course, the resulting files it downloads would be encrypted (in the case of 6play) with the DRM and could not be used directly, correct?
                          The side use lic.drmtoday.com like molotov.tv or cmore (License required x-dt-auth-token)

desperate-housewives-p_840/s1-e10-confiance-perdue

Name:	Desperate Housewives.s01e10_6play.fr.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	120.4 KB
ID:	434089

btw: really many ads for free user​

Comment

Any news ?

Comment

Working...
                            X