No announcement yet.

Crunchyroll No longer working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just tried to download on version 6.1.5.6 and I still get the same results.

Attached Files

Comment

The version 6.1.5.6 had been released but the CR problem is still not solved.

Comment

Jack & October,

I did some research (what else is new?) on this CloudFlare problem with Crunchyroll. It seems to be because the User Agent of the browser does not match the one that produced the Crunchyroll cookie. Yeah, I'm scratching my head, too. One suggestion was to delete the Crunchyroll cookies and remake them with the browser you are going to use to download. Sounds simple, too simple. Some reports say it doesn't work. Others say success. Sounds like one more reason for the request I made almost two years ago to allow the user the ability to change the User Agent on StreamFab. I'd lock it away as an advanced option though because you can mess things up if you don't know what you are doing.
        Maybe give it a test run with yt-dlp first?

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
          Some reports say it doesn't work. Others say success.
          I'm (still) having no luck getting keys ..
          .. but the free content tested (mostly?) have no widevine protection.

These can be easily downloaded using yt-dlp
          with (unlocked) cookies-from-browser and correct user-agent​

Comment

Still not working.

Comment

I tried the trick with cookies and I'm still getting the error. Is there any way to fix this as I bought a lifetime Crunchyroll subscription and now it seems to be useless.

Comment

Originally posted by Germania View Post
                I'm (still) having no luck getting keys ..
                .. but the free content tested (mostly?) have no widevine protection.

These can be easily downloaded using yt-dlp
                with (unlocked) cookies-from-browser and correct user-agent​
                My open source tool for downloading CR just about has WV decryption implemented, if you want to see how to go about getting keys from CR (or use my tool which can download from CR fine)

Comment

Originally posted by Jaynator495 View Post
                  My open source tool for downloading CR just about has WV decryption implemented
                  A few days ago I successfully tested a free downloader ..
                  .. but I don't know/see which files are DRM protected
                  and all the free files I tested could be downloaded using yt-dlp​

if you want to see how to go about getting keys from CR
                  ​My "problem" is only that the content doesn't interest me personally
                  - my old installed VB 2010 Express 10.0.3x can't open the project -
                  and I can't change the implementation in SF anyway - but nice to know​

Comment

My open source tool for downloading CR just about has WV decryption implemented, if you want to see how to go about getting keys from CR (or use my tool which can download from CR fine)
                    Are you talking about multi-downloader-nx? You and the author and the others there seem pretty confident that it is a DRM problem, whereas other sites are leaning towards CloudFlare. I don't know either way. I went searching for research on the CloudFlare side of things because Jack and October mentioned it here. That did get me looking in GitHub at other CR downloaders, and that's where I saw the leaning toward it being a DRM issue. Hopefully the Developer will work it out either way.

Comment

Are you talking about multi-downloader-nx? You and the author and the others there seem pretty confident that it is a DRM problem, whereas other sites are leaning towards CloudFlare. I don't know either way. I went searching for research on the CloudFlare side of things because Jack and October mentioned it here. That did get me looking in GitHub at other CR downloaders, and that's where I saw the leaning toward it being a DRM issue. Hopefully the Developer will work it out either way.
                      i still think it's a cloudflare issue, see here - https://github.com/yt-dlp/yt-dlp/issues/7442

Comment

Try Subscribing through Amazon cruchyroll is now on Amazon

Comment

With latest update (6.1.5.7) I don't see the errors anymore.

Comment

The 6.1.5 7 update seems to have fixed the issue. Thank you!

Comment

It's quite possibly a cloudflare issue, but we bypass that either way. I do find it weird it coincided with the timing of the removal of the non-DRM streams though. There are still non-DRM streams via the android API which yt-dlp is using, but we purely/strictly access the API so it goes around cloudflare. I more added the DRM (which doesn't have a public release yet, though it is on the github on a separate branch) because if they have removed the non-DRM streams from the web API, I have a hard time imagining that the iOS/Android/Roku/ETC API won't be next.
                              Last edited by Jaynator495; 12-30-2023, 11:01 PM.

Comment

With the new version it is a bit better but when I try to get some episodes in the background the video is playing, but the analyse window is keep analyse it, and when you cancel the analyse and you try again then the whole StreamFab crash. Then I have try to go over VPN and it worked quiet fine, and I use google as DNS ( 8.8.8.8 )

Comment

Working...
                                X