Hulu audio only 64 kb/s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hulu Hulu audio only 64 kb/s

I don't usually use the Hulu downloader so I'm not that familiar with it... I downloaded a movie and the only audio that it seems to be able to download is AAC LC SBR stereo at 64 kb/s. That seems extremely low. Is that typical, or does it sound like a problem?

I have Hulu only with no ads ($17.99/month).

The movie I downloaded is "The Sunchaser". Unfortunately, it leaves on January 1, which I realize isn't ideal.

Logs attached.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by AllNight View Post
      I have Hulu only with no ads ($17.99/month).

The movie I downloaded is "The Sunchaser". Unfortunately, it leaves on January 1, which I realize isn't ideal.

Logs attached.
      try changing the codec from 265 to 264
      and see if you can get better audio.

Comment

I tried at both 264 and 265, it downloaded the same audio stream both times (@ 64 kb/s).

Comment

Technology moves on. AAC LC SBR packs a lot of punch. At 64 kb/s it is roughly equivalent to a 128 kb/s MP3, plus it also enhances the speech range of the sound spectrum. As compression improves, it's time to throw out your old concepts of bitrate. Google "HE-AAC" or "AAC LC SBR" for more info.
          The Sunchaser is a film about a murderer with cancer who takes his doctor hostage. It is mostly one to one conversation. It is probably the perfect film for using the AAC LC SBR audio profile.

Comment

Hi,

Hulu has the poor audio quality, for EAC3, it‘s 256 kbps only, for AAC, it's 64 kpbs.

It's the Hulu limited.

Wilson
            Please post your logs the default location is:
            For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
            For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
            If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X