No announcement yet.

The infamous Peacock kitty (Puss N Boots) -- cannot access certain movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peacock The infamous Peacock kitty (Puss N Boots) -- cannot access certain movies

Often times when we want to add content to our watchlists, we visit sites with a regular browser, right?
    In a regular browser like Firefox or Edge, visit Peacock TV and search for either of these movies: "11/11/11" or "12/12/12" --- now click on the movie.
    Say hello to the kitty.
    If you try the search within SF, it appears to let you download then errors out.
    Now.... try it on your Roku. Works fine, right?
    Attached Files

Appears to work correctly with the competition. I partially blame it on Peacock because you cannot load the movie info in a browser, but the fact that the other guys can locate the stream and download it, tells me it is possible and that SF falls into the same trap.

Is it the / character that is causing issues?

Comment

I'm sorry, but I have no idea what you are talking about. I had no problem searching for or downloading those two movies. I haven't seen the kitty in probably over a week, and that was because of something stupid I did. You might want to consider doing the usual cleanup of cache, cookies, history, and other data before each download attempt.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-01-18 7.35.00 PM.png
Views:	131
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	435421

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
        I'm sorry, but I have no idea what you are talking about. I had no problem searching for or downloading those two movies. I haven't seen the kitty in probably over a week, and that was because of something stupid I did. You might want to consider doing the usual cleanup of cache, cookies, history, and other data before each download attempt.
        Thanks for testing it.
        The kicker is it is doing it in regular desktop browsers too. After seeing it I did all the usual stuff including the begrudgingly signing out of all devices procedure. Clearing cache is simple, shift ctrl delete.
        I am curious if the Netflix approach, ie: going to the mobile version would solve all issues with Peacock.

I did attach a full log from start to finish ; )

Comment

Working...
        X