DRM upgraded for some shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Max DRM upgraded for some shows

On MAX, when I download season 3 of "Blind Frog Ranch", I get a message that the DRM has been upgraded, and can only download at 720p (see attached screenshot).

Oddly it seems to relate to just season 3, the first season still downloads at 1080p. And movies seem to be fine as well.

I'm not sure if this is an isolated issue or not, but I did try several times with the same results.

Below is my info and steps to create the problem.

StreamFab Version: v6.1.6.0 (though its been a problem the past few versions)
    Platform and OS: Win x64, Windows 8 Pro
    Region/Country: USA

Steps to reproduce the issue-

1. Select the MAX streaming service.
    2. Click Search, type "frog"
    3. Select the "Blind Frog Ranch", which StreamFAB starts analyzing then presents the screen for the show's download options.
    4. Selected just Season 3
    5. Chose Download Now.​

I couldn't attach the last screenshot of the VIP HBO settings so here is that info:
    HBO Europe Region - Auto
    Video Codec - H264
    Box Checked for "Download Max Videos in 4k HDR10/Dolby Vision quality if available"

I appreciate you taking the time to look into this hopefully this info helps. And side note, great job with the program, I'm sure its not easy keeping up with all the streaming service changes.
    Attached Files

For me it started Mid December. Time Bomb y2K, newer episodes of Gold Rush, Last Week Tonight and RealTime all give me that message and 720p downloads.

However, Trespass Against US and Now You See Me 2, which had been recently added back then, did not present the message and did download as 1080p. And Blue Beetle which has been there for a little, still downloads fine as 1080p and 4K.

In the attached log using StreamFab 6.1.6.0 (upgraded via offline installer) I have done the following:
    1. Went to My Watch List
    2. Selected Last Week Tonight with John Oliver NOTE: while the Max web site shows it as Season 10, StreamFab labels it Season 3, and names the files as Season3!
    3. Add E19 from Dec 3,2023, and E20 for Dec 10, 2023, and E21 from 12/17/2023 to the download queue.
    4. Start download.
    5. E19/E20 downloaded as 1080p, no Updated DRM Encryption pop-up.
    6. E21 downloaded as 720p, and did give the Updated DRM Encryption pop-up.
    7. Went to My Watch List
    8. Selected ​Gold Rush
    9. added S14E15, S14E16 and S14E17, from December 22,2023 and more recent to the download queue
    10. Started download
    11. They all downloaded as 720p and did give the Uploaded DRM Encryption pop-up
    12. Went to My Watch List
    13. Selected Gold Rush
    14. ​Added S14E13 from Dec 8, 2023, and S14E14 from Dec 15, 2023 to the download queue
    15. Started download
    16. They all downloaded as 720p and did give the Uploaded DRM Encryption pop-up
    17. Went to My Watch List
    18. Selected Gold Rush
    19. ​Added S14E12 from Dec 1, 2023 to the download queue
    20. Started download
    21. downloaded as 1080p without pop-up.
    While I my settings were H265 SDR during this run through, in the past, I tried H264 as well.

ingen can you post your Streamfab log?
    Attached Files

Comment

I have both of your log files here and will look at them shortly. I just want to say that the other day I received the "DRM upgraded... 720p" notice on one of the modules. Unfortunately, I don't remember which module it was. But I knew it had to be wrong. I hit the Cancel button and the webpage refresh (the circular arrow) and the 720p notice went away, and I was able to download at 1080p. Would it be possible for the two of you to try that when you get the notice, as a test?
      KidJoe, as far as your Step # 2 goes, I believe Jack has already reported that to the Developers. I'll double-check.

Comment

KidJoe, regarding Step # 2, no, a misnumber problem was reported on Amazon, not Max. I will report it now.

Comment

Originally posted by ingen View Post
          On MAX, when I download season 3 of "Blind Frog Ranch", I get a message that the DRM has been upgraded, and can only download at 720p (see attached screenshot).

Oddly it seems to relate to just season 3, the first season still downloads at 1080p. And movies seem to be fine as well.

I'm not sure if this is an isolated issue or not, but I did try several times with the same results.

Below is my info and steps to create the problem.

StreamFab Version: v6.1.6.0 (though its been a problem the past few versions)
          Platform and OS: Win x64, Windows 8 Pro
          Region/Country: USA

Steps to reproduce the issue-

1. Select the MAX streaming service.
          2. Click Search, type "frog"
          3. Select the "Blind Frog Ranch", which StreamFAB starts analyzing then presents the screen for the show's download options.
          4. Selected just Season 3
          5. Chose Download Now.​

I couldn't attach the last screenshot of the VIP HBO settings so here is that info:
          HBO Europe Region - Auto
          Video Codec - H264
          Box Checked for "Download Max Videos in 4k HDR10/Dolby Vision quality if available"

I appreciate you taking the time to look into this hopefully this info helps. And side note, great job with the program, I'm sure its not easy keeping up with all the streaming service changes.
          see this thread - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...ng-in-high-def
          enter the direct video link from the latest episode, which is 1080p, into the browser

Comment

I don't see anything unusual in your logs. Waiting on the tests, I asked you to take. If it were me, I'd uncheck the "Download Max Videos in 4k HDR10/Dolby Vision quality if available" since the video files you're trying to download won't go 4k, and I just feel better without it. Do I think it is going to make a difference?... Nah! Just want to make things a little more simple.

Comment

Hello Cats4U​, thanks for responding.

As you suggested I continued past the error message and downloaded the videos. They (the season) were all at 720p resolution.

Oh and I did uncheck the "Download Max Videos in 4k HDR10/Dolby Vision quality if available", restarted the program and had the same results.

Also, not sure if the maters, but I left the window on the MAX tab and in the browser page got a message "Something Went Wrong" before getting the Upgraded DRM popup.from SF.
              Last edited by ingen; 01-25-2024, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

see this thread - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...ng-in-high-def
                enter the direct video link from the latest episode, which is 1080p, into the browser
                I had already tried that with Gold Rush a week or two ago, and it didn't work. So I was just living with the issue until someone else reported this too.

Because you asked, I just tried Last Week Tonight Episode 21 as follows
                1. In browser, open Max web site
                2. visit my watch list
                3. select Last Week Tonight
                4. start watching E21
                5. Copy URL in browser address bar to clipboard
                6. Go to StreamFab
                7. Open Max downloader
                8. Paste URL from clipboard into address bar
                9. Max web site tried playing it.
                10. Max gave "something went wrong" message
                11. click go back (part of Max's something went wrong screen)
                12. StreamFab popped up the Analyzing box
                13. I was presented with download selection window for the series
                14. Made sure only E21 was selected
                15. clicked download now button
                16. Download started
                17. I got the Upgraded DRM pop-up.
                18. Download is 720p.
                URL used:
                Code:
                https://play.max.com/video/watch/325d3cf5-a224-4c95-b40c-60493a38a4d6/170750b9-43dc-4848-b4c6-4469d3bed473
                Log attached.

Cats4U

During the steps above captured in the newly attached log, the "Download Max videos in 4K HDR10/Dolby Vision Quality if available" was checked. I repeated the steps with that UNCHECKED and got the same outcome. I also tried the same steps but picking H264 (instead of H265 - SDR) and again, had the same outcome. Logs for that not attached.

Also, keep in mind that Time Bomb y2K, which I'm also having issue with, is a movie not a series.

True Detective S04 E01 and E02 also download at 720p with the pop-up, even if you select the 4K.
                Attached Files

Comment

I also tried the same steps but picking H264 (instead of H265 - SDR) and again, had the same outcome
                  I was going to ask you to try that, but you beat me to it. Well, I think I have no choice in the matter. I'm sending it to the Developers. I don't know if this is related to the Amazon and Netflix DRM change. The big difference is that both of you say that this has been going on for some time. The DRM change happened yesterday.

Comment

Sorry i just noticed it said only EP21 had the issue
                    Last edited by jpp72; 01-25-2024, 10:05 PM. Reason: Read too fast
                    How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

For kicks I did try the LWTWJO shown above and it downloaded at 1080p just like the image above shows, so it seems to be isolated to some shows.

I'm not sure if Cats4U​ was referencing NF or MAX's recent DRM change. Though I just experienced NF's drm of 540p today, I had been experiencing the MAX drm for the last three versions of SF. I just didn't want to be premature if it was something that was already being work on.

Comment

I'm not sure if Cats4U​ was referencing NF or MAX's recent DRM change.​
                        It's Netflix and Amazon's DRM change. It appears that there has not been a DRM change at MAX (yet). The only reasons that I'm sending your MAX issue on to the Developers at this time is because I can't figure out based on both of your logs a logical reason you are having the problem you are. The other reason is that I am currently not subscribed to MAX and I can't test the downloads myself.

Comment

Working...
                        X