Add ITVx and Channel 4 to DRM change list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ITVX Add ITVx and Channel 4 to DRM change list

I think both can be added to the list. Should I add a second post for Channel 4? See log: StreamFab.log

Originally posted by plybyplyaz View Post
    I think both can be added to the list. Should I add a second post for Channel 4? See log: [ATTACH]n436057[/ATTACH]
    Your Channel 4 log doesn't show anything DRM related. I had another report from someone on the 26th, but they didn't leave a StreamFab.log. So, if you have a better one, please attach it.
    You ITVX is definitely DRM related. I'll report it to the Developers. Only one problem though, you had a problem with ITVX on, I believe, the 7th. Wilson.Wang took it over and said he would give it to the Developers. Since then this DRM problem started and that's all that the Developers are working on. Just want to warn you that when the DRM problem gets fixed, your original problem may not be. I don't know that as a fact, but I don't want you surprised if it happens. It's just bad timing.

Comment

Understood - greater good and all that. The only disappointment about the ITV delay is the older shows that are re-aired only stay on for 30 days.

Comment

Do you have that Channel 4 log, so I can confirm one way or the other?

Comment

Here's a Channel 4 Log for "Hitman" which came back with a Failure to start message. Looks like another DRM casualty. This is on 6.1.6.0. I have another machine which I can't get to at the moment on 6.1.6.1 which has the same issue. Hope this helps.
          Attached Files

Comment

I went through your SF.log and there is nothing there to directly indicate that it is a DRM problem. In fact, it looked very similar to the Channel 4 logs I got from others from before Jan. 25th. What I'd like you to do is try to download a video that we know is new, if you are willing. I went to Channel 4 and spotted 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown, Season 25, Episode 3. The cat part won me over. Delete your StreamFab.log first and then try to download the episode. Attach the StreamFab.log here. Thank you.

Comment

I'll have a go at 8 out of 10 cats when I get a chance a bit later this afternoon. I'll also try the "Babe" movie that was added to CH4 today. The SF log that I uploaded for "Hitman", is a movie that was added yesterday. Downloading from Channel 4 has always been rock solid for me until the last few days.

Comment

If I can add to this thread there is definitely a problem with Channel 4. On Friday 26th I updated to v6.1.6.1 and tried to download "Arctic Circle series 2" which was released on that day, it failed on all six episodes with a 'Failed to Start Download' message in red.
                If I return to the Channel 4 webpage there is a message that states "Digital Rights Management (DRM) Not Enabled"!
                I have just tried again with the same result!
                Just as a confirmation for you about 'hartashford's problem I also tried to download 'Hitman' that failed as well with a DRM not enabled message!
                Attached an up to date log which also includes a couple of failed downloads from Amazon and Netflix from Friday 26th .
                Hope this helps.
                StreamFab.log

Comment

Ok, here's the log for the 8 out of 10 cats episode. I've done a screenshot of the popup as the episode numbering looks to be all over the place. Pop-up says S25E03 but the task queue shows S24E09. The included "Babe" movie was added today.
                  Attached Files

Comment

following on from my last post. Here is the SF log which doesn't seem to have been uploaded
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by hartashford View Post
                      Ok, here's the log for the 8 out of 10 cats episode. I've done a screenshot of the popup as the episode numbering looks to be all over the place. Pop-up says S25E03 but the task queue shows S24E09. The included "Babe" movie was added today.
                      That explains why there are no DRM warnings in the log. I'm guessing this was a "Best of..." type show, and so all the episodes are from an earlier date before they changed the DRM. Foiled again. I don't see "Babe" in your log.
                      I'll take a look at Bobbybear747's "Arctic Circle series 2" if I can find it.

Comment

Ok, folks, I'm calling an end to trying to figure out whether Channel 4 is a victim of the DRM change or not. We'll just assume that it is. For reasons unknown, the logs do not even hint at it directly, like all the other streamers do. I'm going cross-eyed going through some of these logs. Please, one session per log. If you're going to do a test download where you intend to send in the log, please delete your old log first. And don't add extras, if I'm looking for a Channel 4 problem in a log, I don't want to have to weed my way through Amazon and Netflix sessions to find it. At the other extreme, don't edit down your logs to what you think is the important part. It usually isn't. I need the whole session from Beginning to End. This is how a session starts and ends...

-------------------------9956 2 Downloader 6.1.6.0 C:\Program Files\DVDFab\StreamFab\StreamFab64.exe Begin 2024-01-20--------------

-------------------------9956 2 Downloader End 2024-01-20----------------------------​

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
                          Ok, folks, I'm calling an end to trying to figure out whether Channel 4 is a victim of the DRM change or not. We'll just assume that it is. For reasons unknown, the logs do not even hint at it directly, like all the other streamers do. I'm going cross-eyed going through some of these logs. Please, one session per log. If you're going to do a test download where you intend to send in the log, please delete your old log first. And don't add extras, if I'm looking for a Channel 4 problem in a log, I don't want to have to weed my way through Amazon and Netflix sessions to find it. At the other extreme, don't edit down your logs to what you think is the important part. It usually isn't. I need the whole session from Beginning to End. This is how a session starts and ends...

-------------------------9956 2 Downloader 6.1.6.0 C:\Program Files\DVDFab\StreamFab\StreamFab64.exe Begin 2024-01-20--------------

-------------------------9956 2 Downloader End 2024-01-20----------------------------â
                          Attached is a clean log file for an attempt to download the first episode of "Miners' Strike 1984: The Battle for Britain"

This only started airing last week, so it's a safe bet that it would be hit by any recent DRM changes.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

-------------------------9956 2 Downloader End 2024-01-20----------------------------â
                            just tried Hitman from channel 4 with yt-dlp and it says that the movie is DRM protected.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

just tried Hitman from channel 4 with yt-dlp and it says that the movie is DRM protected.
                              It doesn't mean that DRM they are using is the same one we are using. That's the whole trouble in a nutshell.

Comment

Working...
                              X