6.1.6.2 - AAC Audio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StreamFab General Query 6.1.6.2 - AAC Audio

The release notes indicate that for newer videos from several services that "The audio quality is down to AAC in this mode...". How should we interpret this? Is this expected to be a temporary regression, or is this notification that this is how it is going to be from now on? Thanks.

Since SF is not a recorder but a downloader, this will be temporary.

But for original video & audio quality the key for decryption is needed.
    That's currently the problem after DRM changed.​

Comment

I hope so. The text about the "new re-encoding mode" is concerning to me. I could see SF permanently adopting a recode-when-necessary mode for difficult cases. (But I would be seeing it from afar, as I wouldn't remain with the product if that happened).

Comment

Originally posted by jhyler View Post
        I hope so. The text about the "new re-encoding mode" is concerning to me. I could see SF permanently adopting a recode-when-necessary mode for difficult cases. (But I would be seeing it from afar, as I wouldn't remain with the product if that happened).
        If they keep this new reencoding mode I will be right behind you. It's not what I signed up for.
        Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by jhyler View Post
          No, they only do that until things get right again. It's always like this!

Comment

What is the "new reencoding" mode? I thought that it was supposed to be the decrypted stream untouched? So is it doing a screen capture or something? I don't understand this.

Comment

Hopefully the 5.1 format download will be corrected soon, but just out of curiosity would your Audio AI be capable of up-mixing this back to 5.1 original quality? A lot of time and trouble but just asking.

Comment

Working...
              X