Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

6.1.6.3 Don't Bother 540p not 1080p For Amazon Prime (UK)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon 6.1.6.3 Don't Bother 540p not 1080p For Amazon Prime (UK)

Just as a heads up -I've just installed and tried the latest update (6.1.6.3) and tried to download a new release from Gaia (add-on channel) with Amazon Prime (UK). Analysed as 1080p, downloaded only as 540p. A word to the Developers -STOP tinkering with quick patch jobs and concentrate on fixing the DRM issue. Your quick fixes DO NOT HELP and only go to aggravate your "valued" customers! Focus and start taking notice!!

Just the same problem with Amazon Prime Germany. Only 360p downloads with AAC 128k Audio. I Ihtink we must still be patient and the developers need our feedback. This may be the reason why they releases updates so fast.

Comment

Guys, you need to read the old posts too!

I and the moderators jpp72 and Cats4U have warned several times to stay at 6161 until the DRM issue is fully resolved...​

Comment

Originally posted by Sebastian001 View Post
        Guys, you need to read the old posts too!

I and the moderators jpp72 and Cats4U have warned several times to stay at 6161 until the DRM issue is fully resolved...​
        Yes, I have read the old posts -and extremely valuable and insightful they were/are, genuinely. I recommend everyone to read them too. But how are we to know that a fix is in unless we try an update? No seriously, I am (not) being sarcastic here (genuine respects) to yourself, jpp72 and Cats4U for all the information and knowledge you guys have willingly given in regards to this... But how else are we to know? Even the banner with regards ​to the DRM issue has been removed! I check every day for any insights with regards to "the fix" but unless someone suddenly announces "DRM fixed!" what is the best way to proceed?
        Last edited by littlebluealien; 02-05-2024, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by thewhitewizard View Post

Yes, I have read the old posts -and extremely valuable and insightful they were/are, genuinely. I recommend everyone to read them too. But how are we to know that a fix is in unless we try an update? No seriously, I am (not) being sarcastic here (genuine respects) to yourself, and Cats4U for all the information and knowledge you guys have willingly given in regards to this... But how else are we to know? Even the banner with regards ​to the DRM issue has been removed! I check every day for any insights with regards to "the fix" but unless someone suddenly announces "DRM fixed!" what is the best way to proceed?
          Wait until the changelog says “DRM fixed”. Otherwise use with 6161. There are videos that are still working, the rest later...

Comment

Originally posted by Sebastian001 View Post

Wait until the changelog says “DRM fixed”. Otherwise use with 6161. There are videos that are still working, the rest later...
            Thanks Sebastian001. Had already stuck with 6161 (as advised by one of Cats4U​ previous excellent posts), dipped my toe in the 'update water' so to speak with 6163, and immediately returned to the calm waters of 6161. Thanks again for the advice. Duly taken onboard.

Comment

Yeah, whatever videos I had problem with before I still cannot download with the new update. At least Netflix is back to 1080p and SOME Disney+ can be downloaded again

Comment

Heads up that this issue is with USA Amazon as well.

Comment

Do we know if this is just an issue that will be fixed in time (can't download from Channel 5 in the UK) to be just as good as before, or if this is likely to be a cinavia type protection that takes years to crack ?

Comment

Originally posted by Zammo View Post
                    Do we know if this is just an issue that will be fixed in time (can't download from Channel 5 in the UK) to be just as good as before, or if this is likely to be a cinavia type protection that takes years to crack ?
                    Hi Zammo. Personally, and by what Sebastian001, jpp72 and Cats4U have all alluded in their previous posts, this issue (will) be solved, it's just going to take time (and patience) on all our parts. As the banner above states: "We thank you for your patience while we work tirelessly to fix this issue". The operative words being: fix this issue! I have faith that the Devs will fix this. Patience.

Comment

Originally posted by w.pruitt View Post
                      Heads up that this issue is with USA Amazon as well.
                      It was only a matter of time. Thanks for the update.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	SF_Processing.jpg
Views:	690
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	436537 US Amazon issue... please post more accurate status. Click image for larger version

Name:	Streamfab.jpg
Views:	633
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	436538

Comment

Are you guys putting fake/deceptive status info. in you programs analysis? If it analyzed the content properly I would not have wasted my time downloading.

Comment

6163 is just a temporary patch to fix: A failure problem (Error Code:13000) when downloading Amazon videos. It does not resolve the main DRM issue. So despite the initial analysis of the title, the resulting download will be degraded due to the ongoing DRM issue. As many users with far more experience and knowledge than I have already suggested, stick with 6161 until the changelog indicates DRM Fixed! Patience. I know how frustrating this is -I truly do, but the Devs are working on the bigger and more important issue -it will be fixed!

Comment

Working...
                            X