Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Current Red note at top is still misleading.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StreamFab for Windows Current Red note at top is still misleading.

While I appreciate the effort that is obviously going into correcting the DRM issue, the current red note which appears at the top is still misleading. You indicate:

While we work on the issue, you can use version 6.1.6.3 to download content in low resolution and have the option to automatically re-encode your downloads to a better quality.

That may be true for some modules, but not for others. For example, it still is not possible to download new Viki videos in any resolution.​

Originally posted by maineiac13 View Post
    While I appreciate the effort that is obviously going into correcting the DRM issue, the current red note which appears at the top is still misleading. You indicate:

While we work on the issue, you can use version 6.1.6.3 to download content in low resolution and have the option to automatically re-encode your downloads to a better quality.

That may be true for some modules, but not for others. For example, it still is not possible to download new Viki videos in any resolution.​
    Have you tried Netflix yet? Can netflix be downloaded? I'm still on version 6.1. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by DVDalibaba View Post
      Have you tried Netflix yet? Can netflix be downloaded? I'm still on version 6.1. Thank you.
      Netflix was not in changelog - so nothing changed.

Originally posted by Germania View Post
      Older releases work fine for me ..
      .. of course, newer releases continue to fail (fail code: 307)
      But some user reported: Browser not supported error

see: Netflix download problem

Comment

I would ask, does 6163 restore the option to download content not affected by the new drm? Particularly h265 content. I don't want an upscale h264 when the original hd h265 is still available with 6161.

Comment

Originally posted by MrGrackle View Post
          I would ask, does 6163 restore the option to download content not affected by the new drm?
          I can dl old nf content unchanged. Old content from amazon.de works for me too.
          Only if select old content with amazon H265 - it's switch also to SD re-encoded​

Originally posted by MrGrackle View Post
          Particularly h265 content.
          ​6163 is only a bug fix for Error Code 13000 from Amazon and 6162 won't grab H265

Ergo: H265 was offered to select - but with 6163 no dl in H265

Comment

Seriously there is no pleasing you people.

Cats4U took down the message and people complained that it meant everything was fixed. So i put a new message to say it is still not fixed and now the complaints are oh this is not true for a specific module.

I am not one of the devs and i can only go from the changelog. I also did not install 6.1.6.2 or 6.1.6.3 because i can actually wait for a proper fix. I will not die if i don't download shows and movies the minute they are released. So i guess i should have listed the modules from the changelog. I am sorry i am not doing my unpaid job properly. Won't happen again.
            How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

PMJIL, But until the Devs post an "ALL FIXED" message, or have something like "update to solve all issues from the recent DRM change" in the change log... I read the forum message as things are still broken and will not work the same as before Jan 25 DRM change.

Comment

[QUOTE=KidJoe;n436525]

PMJIL, But until the Devs post an "ALL FIXED" message, or have something like "update to solve all issues from the recent DRM change" in the change log... I read the forum message as things are still broken and will not work the same as before the Jan 25 DRM change. [/
                There is not one module working correctly in StreamFab. Another program (competitor) has everything DRM-related fixed on all providers except NF and even NF can download all the new stuff only in 540p. Amazon is all fixed with the DRM update, and so are all the other modules. I know some people might find what I am saying rude. But if the truth is rude so be it. If you don't believe me try it for yourself, everything works except a few unrelated things that have nothing to do with DRM. I see you mention the competitor in your banner message, so what I am saying is fair game. Maybe this post will light a fire under the developers here.
                Last edited by Chameleon; 02-06-2024, 06:39 PM.
                Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post

I will not die if i don't download shows and movies the minute they are released.
                  That makes two of us. Not the first time we have been here. I have a sufficient backlog of previous content still to do.
                  I was just perturbed that the new versions take away proper access to old content, so for now, I roll back and wait. At least they didn't do it this go round yet, where you load an older version and the fab server won't authorize you because it's an old version.

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
                    There is not one module working correctly in StreamFab. Another program (competitor) has everything DRM-related fixed on all providers except NF and even NF can download all the new stuff only in 540p. Amazon is all fixed with the DRM update, and so are all the other modules. I know some people might find what I am saying rude. But if the truth is rude so be it. If you don't believe me try it for yourself, everything works except a few unrelated things that have nothing to do with DRM. I see you mention the competitor in your banner message, so what I am saying is fair game. Maybe this post will light a fire under the developers here.
                    (bold added by me)
                    You had quoted me in your reply, so your post (at least the part I highlighted in bold) seems like you are implying I wrote the header, just to be clear, I didn't.

Yeah, I did buy the competitor a long while back (only because of the HBOMax issue Fab had years ago taking over six weeks to fix, then then it wasn't 1080p). So I know how theirs has been working. You are correct as only Netflix seems to be an issue for them. Its been good to have as a backup.

As much as I prefer StreamFab, having the other comes in handy.

Comment

[QUOTE=Chameleon;n436533]
                      Originally posted by KidJoe View Post

Surprised at you old ancient one....since Cats4u answered to why the competitor has some modules working and Streamfab is lagging now. It was a direct response to you download failed - DVDFab Forum

By the way Netflix has been broken for them like forever with 540p downloads even before the DRM change while Streamfab has always worked at 1080p. They can't fix Netflix so they are not perfect but seem to be ahead of the 8 ball for reasons as noted by Cats4U.

Comment

Working...
                      X