Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DRM MPD Downloads from DAZN failing

Dear developers,

I know that DAZN ( https://www.dazn.com/de-DE/home ) is not supported officially from StreamFab - but it used to work (slower download speed than most other services, but bearable).
    Using v6.1.6.5 of StreamFab, the downloads from this service effectively do not work any longer - StreamFab is still analyzing and offering to download - but download speed is extremely slow. Single packets take minutes to download (and a two oder three hour game has 15.000 packets). I suspect that it's not downloading at all. All I can say.... leaving the download alone for over night seems to get me 10% of the complete stream....

There is something wrong with it (and I would not complain if that was the case from the beginning, but it used to work before).

I can assist in any bug tracking and I can also provide logs if needed (please tell me what to do: clear logs and try such a download? Can I abort that download and you can still find it in the logs?)
    I am sure that the procedure of finding this in FAQ section is not a big deal, so if you have any resources left to track and fix it, I would happily provide them.

Thank you in advance

I stand corrected... it is called segments when downloading a stream and I tried a stream with more the 16000 segments. Each segements takes about 36 seconds before StreamFab UI shows that the next segment is downloading. Download speed is shown as 10 B/s. :-) To completely download that one stream would take more than 6 days. :-)

Comment

Okay, I just checked the StreamFab.log file content and download seems to fail completely:

From the very beginning, I get "Down load fail, try again (1 / 30)" ... "... (30/30)" error messages with the URLs given - for each seqment.

I cleared my cache, logged in again before testing.

Can some developer have a look why it fails?

Comment

StreamFab.log, please.

Comment

How can I access the free DAZN content?
          .. register for free at dazn.com/home and then log in

.. you are not required to enter a payment method.​ (source)
          I can't register without select a paid plan

So I'm out

Comment

Just confirmed for now

6161 analyzing over 5 min - for 4:19 min video - after cancel retry with 6165 and same "speed":​

Click image for larger version

Name:	6165_dazn.jpg
Views:	786
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	437907

Comment

OK, I could retrieve the key for decryption (with pssh) for my free sample
              but can't dl the mpd with 1sec old token (HTTP Error 403: Forbidden).
              Looks for me like a one-time authorization token.

There have been changes recently - info

Sorry, but that's too much effort for me​
              Last edited by Germania; 02-21-2024, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
                StreamFab.log, please.
                Sure, but I don't want to post them here. Can I DM this to you?

Comment

Originally posted by Germania View Post
                  OK, I could retrieve the key for decryption (with pssh) for my free sample
                  but can't dl the mpd with 1sec old token (HTTP Error 403: Forbidden).
                  Looks for me like a one-time authorization token.

There have been changes recently - info

Sorry, but that's too much effort for me​
                  Hi Germania,

as I am a paying subscriber in Germany... I can try and do further tests if you're willing to guide me through that. The link you provided suggests that it has been solved at the end... that's how I understand it at least.

Comment

Originally posted by morningshow View Post

Sure, but I don't want to post them here. Can I DM this to you?
                    No, I don't do DM. What are you trying to hide? Other than Staff, there are only 4 people that have access to log attachments (2 Moderators and 2 Trusted Members).

Comment

I can try and do further tests if you're willing to guide me through that..
                      The fact is that I was able to find the key in 3 minutes - but couldn't start download in 30 minutes

The link you provided suggests that it has been solved at the end... that's how I understand it at least.
                      ​I understood that too. I have no idea whether it's different as a paid user,
                      whether it's different in the USA or whether there were any changes afterwards.

But my mpd link looked completely different (no channel, no outlet)
                      there was always an "ey..." token on it, which was no longer suitable for downloading
                      after it was called up in the player (also with the specified Android User-Agent)

PS: I read no PM at work - in some hours at home​

Comment

No, I don't do DM. What are you trying to hide? Other than Staff, there are only 4 people that have access to log attachments (2 Moderators and 2 Trusted Members).
                        Okay, here you go.

Attached Files

Comment

Status update:

Upgrade to 6.1.6.6 ... still no download possible.
                          Tried to download some content which is unavailable to free users.
                          Log messages look a little bit different.

New Logs attached.

One remark... before this was a problem, I opened a tab for dazn.com/de... then clicked on the stream clip, StreamFab analyzed the movie and when starting the download process, a second tab opened starting the same stream once again. I could then close the original tab without causing problems with the download process. Now, this additional tab does not open, the started clip continues to stream in the original tab and download does not work.
                          Attached Files

Comment

By any chance, you weren't trying to download a live event, were you? I'm having a hard time getting anything out of your StreamFab.logs because when I check on a link, instead of it pulling up the German site, it shows me from the US site, which doesn't help me. I don't feel like complicating things by using a VPN. The slowness appears to be caused (maybe?) by StreamFab having to repeatedly ask for the same information over and over. One thing I've never seen before was DAZN asking StreamFab for its latitude and longitude. Are you having any slowness problems with just your browser? Or with StreamFab and another streamer? Any slowness just using the Internet recently? Some of the latency shown in the log is crazy long.

Comment

By any chance, you weren't trying to download a live event, were you? I'm having a hard time getting anything out of your StreamFab.logs because when I check on a link, instead of it pulling up the German site, it shows me from the US site, which doesn't help me. I don't feel like complicating things by using a VPN. The slowness appears to be caused (maybe?) by StreamFab having to repeatedly ask for the same information over and over. One thing I've never seen before was DAZN asking StreamFab for its latitude and longitude. Are you having any slowness problems with just your browser? Or with StreamFab and another streamer? Any slowness just using the Internet recently? Some of the latency shown in the log is crazy long.
                              - No, not a live event... DAZN offers full games as a "re-live" clip on demand.
                              - Slowlyness problems? None at all... not with the browser, not with other streamers, not with StreamFab. Download from DAZN has always been little bit slower than normal before, but right now, it is not downloading at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X