Amazon to Shut Down Freevee?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon Amazon to Shut Down Freevee?

According to this report, Freevee shows may be "absorbed" into Amazon Prime as early as April.

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
    According to this report, Freevee shows may be "absorbed" into Amazon Prime as early as April.
    https://www.adweek.com/convergent-tv...unset-freevee/
    well, it didn't make any difference to us!

Comment

Originally posted by Sebastian001 View Post
      well, it didn't make any difference to us!
      I would no longer be able to test any content in the UK or USA without a subscription

Comment

asked for comment, amazon said the adweek report is inaccurate. ã¢â€âœthere are no changes to freevee,ã¢â€â the rep said in an email to variety. ã¢â€âœamazon freevee remains an important streaming offering providing both prime and non-prime customers thousands of hit movies, shows, and originals, all for free.ã¢â€â54 minutes ago

variety magazine 54 minutes ago.
        Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Cord Cutter News, also reports a denial by Amazon. https://cordcuttersnews.com/amazon-d...-be-shut-down/

But as one reader of CCN commented,
          OTOH...doesn't everyone deny something is going to happen, right up until it actually does?

Comment

It would make no sense for Amazon to eliminate Freevee, its all add supported content.

The only benefit I could see to rolling Freevee into Prime could possibly be *IF* those watching that Ad Supported Content would sign up for Prime video, and maybe also convert some of them to pay the $2.99 per month fee to remove adds? BUT how many instead would move on to other free add supported services? And would those losses offset any potential gains in moving the Freevee behind that Prime pay wall? I mean Google added "free tv" with Google/AndroidTV, Roku has some in the Roku Channel, Vudu (soon to be Fandango again) has ad supported content. There is Pluto TV and others.

So I know some falsely deny when something leaks out too soon, but I don't see this happening from a financial perspective.

Comment

Did you read the original Adweek article? I think it explains the reasoning pretty well.

Comment

Working...
              X