• Show
Clear All

Peacock The Kitty is Back

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-02-22 8.07.11 AM.png
Views:	1524
Size:	1.39 MB
ID:	437944(6.1.6.6)

StreamFab.log doesn't seem to point to a DRM problem, but one never knows. It does list an OVP_00311 error. Peacock Help doesn't list that error or what it means.
    First started not downloading for me with (test version) 6.1.6.6 and continues with (release version) 6.1.6.6. All download attempts were for new TV releases (6AM ET, 02/22/24).
    <Days of Our Lives, Chicago Fire, Chicago PD>
    I will go back now and try downloading an old video or two. I'll report back, next message.

StreamFab.log

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
      StreamFab.log doesn't seem to point to a DRM problem, but one never knows. It does list an OVP_00311 error. Peacock Help doesn't list that error or what it means.
      First started not downloading for me with (test version) 6.1.6.6 and continues with (release version) 6.1.6.6. All download attempts were for new TV releases (6AM ET, 02/22/24).
      <Days of Our Lives, Chicago Fire, Chicago PD>
      I will go back now and try downloading an old video or two. I'll report back, next message.

[ATTACH]n437947[/ATTACH]
      Started yesterday for me with 'Extended Family', but no problems with 'Night Court' and both new eps of 'Quantum Leap', Today, no joy for 'Resident Alien', 'Chicago Med, Fire and P.D.' Will try some remedies and post logs later. For right now, still on 6.1.6.5.

Comment

I was able to download an old episode of The Office and yesterday's episode of Days of Our Lives (which I had already downloaded yesterday). So, it is looking more and more like Peacock has finally upped its DRM and new videos are now not downloadable.

Comment

was able to download night court and quantum leap but went to do resident alien today and no go. get the kitty screen!

Comment

Same here. All new episodes fail. Analyzing and adding to the queue works but the actually download attempts fail.

Comment

Um Cats4U , you didn't compare 6161 to 6166 by chance. Have they updated programs under the hood?

Comment

I don't use Streamfab anymore for people luckily

Comment

Originally posted by Sebastian001 View Post
                  Um Cats4U , you didn't compare 6161 to 6166 by chance. Have they updated programs under the hood?
                  Size wise, they appear to be different. I'm not going any deeper.

Name:	Screenshot 2024-02-22 7.55.40 PM.png
Views:	1021
Size:	347.4 KB
ID:	438003

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

Size wise, they appear to be different. I'm not going any deeper.

Name:	Screenshot 2024-02-22 7.55.40 PM.png
Views:	1021
Size:	347.4 KB
ID:	438003
                    So, PYthon37, YoutubeToMP3Service, YoutubeToMP3Process, mkvmerge are identical in version... As a non-expert, I can't see anything else

Comment

As all the freeware gets larger, Stream Fab gets larger, their only responsibility is to put all that freeware together in a way that works. It doesn't seem they can do that. Maybe if they gave some credit to the real developers of these programs, they would get help from them. As a developer myself, I would never use someone else's code and not even mention them in my release notes. They make money from someone else's work and don't even mention them with a thank you. Very sad.
                      Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
                        As all the freeware gets larger, Stream Fab gets larger, their only responsibility is to put all that freeware together in a way that works. It doesn't seem they can do that. Maybe if they gave some credit to the real developers of these programs, they would get help from them. As a developer myself, I would never use someone else's code and not even mention them in my release notes. They make money from someone else's work and don't even mention them with a thank you. Very sad.
                        I wonder if the developers of the freeware want to be associated with this type of app that can easily be misused.
                        Last edited by wyhtmgm; 02-23-2024, 03:08 PM. Reason: Edited to clarify I mean the developers of the freeware, not the developers of Streamfab

Comment

Originally posted by wyhtmgm View Post

I wonder if the developers of the freeware want to be associated with this type of app that can easily be misused.
                          I am sure they don't. Someone else (StreamFab is using their software without acknowledgment or permission.) Would you want to be associated when you write freeware and someone else makes money off you and you do not even get a mention in the release notes?
                          Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
                            you do not even get a mention in the release notes?
                            See License.txt
                            10. OPEN SOURCE USAGE AND DEPENDENCIES​

Comment

Originally posted by Sebastian001 View Post

So, PYthon37, YoutubeToMP3Service, YoutubeToMP3Process, mkvmerge are identical in version... As a non-expert, I can't see anything else
                              First, the PYthon37 directory doesn't even need to be in there. Python 3.7 is depreciated and can not be used with yt-dlp (YoutubeToMP3Process). I warned them about that months ahead of time, but they waited until SF failed because of it and then threw in a python38.dll to get around it. At the time, I was pushing for Python 3.11, which was the latest at the time. Instead, they went with the single 3.8 dll. If I'm not mistaken, Python 3.8 is set to be depreciated sometime this year. And so we are back to the same spot. For whatever reason, the Developers have a real aversion to using the latest or near latest versions of other people's programs. I would go with the full Python 3.12.(whatever the latest is) package rather than just the .dll. That way you are set for a while against depreciation, and you have all the latest code and security fixes. Besides Python, look at mkvmerge. They use MKVToolNix 68, if I remember right, which is almost 2 years old. I replace it every SF update with the mkvmerge from the latest MKVToolNix, which is 82 now. I do the same for FFmpeg, Aria2c, MediaInfo, and AtomicParsley. I've got my eye on a few others that I haven't gotten around to yet. If I can update third-party programs with every SF update, why can't the Developers.
                              And that's why I said that I didn't want to go any deeper because I really don't look at what the Developers put in there because I immediately switch a lot of them out. I'd do even more if the versions weren't hard-coded in the source code in a few of them. Take YoutubeToMP3Process as an example, it basically is yt-dlp with two additional parameters added. One is for a StreamFab cache function, and I forget what the other is for. You can't just rename the latest yt-dlp.exe to YoutubeToMP3Process.exe. You'll get an exception error. They say that YoutubeToMP3Process is the latest yt-dlp, but it basically is the latest stable yt-dlp, which can be months old compared to the latest nightly. So many times I've seen someone have a problem with SF caused by an old yt-dlp extractor which would be fixed if YoutubeToMP3Process used the nightly instead of the stable.

Comment

Working...
                              X